Windows 10: Account settings are out-of-date in mail or calendar for Windows 10

Discus and support Account settings are out-of-date in mail or calendar for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Account settings are out-of-date in mail or calendar for Windows 10. Password is correct. How can this problem be fixed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidHearn2, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Account settings are out-of-date in mail or calendar for Windows 10

Account settings are out-of-date in mail or calendar for Windows 10. Password is correct. How can this problem be fixed?

:)

DavidHearn2, Mar 1, 2019
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

s427, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    error message "account settings are out of date" in windows 10 mail

Hi Rick,

It is possible that you have recently made changes on your account settings like password that is why you are getting the "account settings are out of date" error.

You can follow the troubleshooting steps in the Your
    account settings are out-of-date in Mail or Calendar for Windows 10
    article. Under this article, you can also see
    Special instruction for other accounts column for syncing your Yahoo Mail account.

Let us know how it goes.

Marie Ave, Mar 1, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Account settings are out-of-date in mail or calendar for Windows 10

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Account settings are out-of-date in mail or calendar for Windows 10

1. Account settings are out-of-date in mail or calendar for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Account settings are

2. Mail settings "out of date"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail settings "out of date": So I've been having this issue for a while, but it says I have to Fix my account and I have to type a password in, I have no idea what password I have to use, and I have tried many....
  3. Mail settings "out of date"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail settings "out of date": So I've been having this issue for a while, but it says I have to Fix my account and I have to type a password in, I have no idea what password I have to use, and I have tried many....
  4. Account setting are out of date. Windows mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account setting are out of date. Windows mail: I cant set up an IMAP email on the windows app. It appears to be fine in the beginning but no email is showing. After a few minutes I get the danger triangle on the right side of the account and the notification that my account needs fixing. My email and password are 100%...
  5. Account setting are out of date. Windows mail

Account setting are out of date. Windows mail: I cant set up an IMAP email on the windows app. It appears to be fine in the beginning but no email is showing. After a few minutes I get the danger triangle on the right side of the account and the notification that my account needs fixing. My email and password are 100%...
  6. mail settings out of date

in Windows 10 Customization
    mail settings out of date: since upgrading windows 10, I am unable to access my yahoo mail. After entering my password , and verifying it with a code sent to my phone there is an error message. The error code is 0x8019019a How can I fix this problem?...
  7. Account settings are out-of-date in Mail

Account settings are out-of-date in Mail: big issue - every single week Ms MAIL tells me my settings are out of date and to set up windows hello windows hello is set up and active and has been always i then re add my password at the process goes - re add my windows hello pin and get the message - all set up one...
  8. mail settings out of date

mail settings out of date: i keep getting a message that says "your gmail account settings are out of date"...how do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-settings-out-of-date/8261a62b-c440-4b17-8530-afbbd7d2ead1
  9. Persistent "account settings are out-of-date" in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Persistent "account settings are out-of-date" in Windows Mail: Hi there, I synced my university email account to Windows Mail. Everything seemed OK setting-wise and the entire syncing process went through. However, the account is never able to connect because there is a persistent error message that pops up saying "Your... account...
  10. Windows 10 Mail account settings out of date

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail account settings out of date: I have looked for a fix for this constant, annoying email problem. I continually get the 'your (email provider) account settings are out of date'. I have spent hours trying to find a fix, trying numerous things, working with my email provider (who is absolutely stumped) and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Your account settings are out-of-date in Mail or Calendar for Windows 10

2. your account settings are out of date in mail or calendar for windows 10

3. If my email is out of date but when i click fix it always pops up with opps something went wrong what do i do

4. settings are out-of-date in Mail or Calendar for Windows 10