Windows 10: Account sign in after computer reset

Discus and support Account sign in after computer reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I had to reset my pc. After reseting and set up, it of course asked to log in with your Microsoft account. Upon trying it said my account did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobTice, May 9, 2020.

1. RobTice Win User

Account sign in after computer reset

So I had to reset my pc. After reseting and set up, it of course asked to log in with your Microsoft account. Upon trying it said my account did not exist and gave option to create one, which I did.
    However I made a typo and not realizing it completely set up the computer, then ended up being able to sign into the Microsoft web page with the original account which was miraculously there and discovered my typo.

Try to change my info on pc and because the original account exists, I can’t, try to once again reset the pc and I can’t because I don’t have an install disk, the OS is an online up grade from Win7.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

:)

RobTice, May 9, 2020

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, May 9, 2020
  3. We couldn't sign you in

Hi,

To better assist you with the sign in issue of your Windows account, we would like to gather more information:

• Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Since you can't sign in to your Windows account, we suggest that you reset your password, check this
    article and follow the steps given.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, May 9, 2020
  4. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Account sign in after computer reset :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Account sign in after computer reset - Similar Threads - Account sign computer

2. Unable to sign into my computer after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into my computer after reset: Hi, I recently reset my computer using the 'just remove my files' option as I was going to give it too my brother. however after the reset I got a 'user profile service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded' error. Ive tried all the suggested fixes for this but...
  3. Unable to sign into my computer after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign into my computer after reset: Hi, I recently reset my computer using the 'just remove my files' option as I was going to give it too my brother. however after the reset I got a 'user profile service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded' error. Ive tried all the suggested fixes for this but...
  4. Unable to sign into my computer after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer logged in old account after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer logged in old account after reset: I did a regular restart because my computer was slow and when the computer started on the login screen there was only one account option. It was an old account from a previous owner. There was no trace of my account on the computer. It is as if it never even existed. But the...
  6. Computer logged in old account after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer logged in old account after reset: I did a regular restart because my computer was slow and when the computer started on the login screen there was only one account option. It was an old account from a previous owner. There was no trace of my account on the computer. It is as if it never even existed. But the...
  7. Computer logged in old account after reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Microsoft account has been reset after computer reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft account has been reset after computer reset.: my SSD had been corrupted so I reset the computer and when I logged into windows all of my accounts are new have nothing on them and it is like I have never used them before....
  9. Computer will not let me sign into my account after password reset!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer will not let me sign into my account after password reset!: Windows 10 badgered me to change my password after hardware change. I changed my password, now windows doesn't recognize new password (I documented it before I changing it!)!...
  10. sign in after resetting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sign in after resetting: I did a reset to my laptop. But I cannot sign into Windows because the password that I set isn’t working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-after-resetting/0bbfe2c9-88ca-4bb3-acda-7df031608a0a"