Windows 10: Account that was deleted yet continues to pop up as default

Discus and support Account that was deleted yet continues to pop up as default in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello All: I have an e mail account with MS which was deleted a new one was created, I have to manually keep resetting to the new e mail and get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JulianGaleote, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Account that was deleted yet continues to pop up as default

Hello All:

I have an e mail account with MS which was deleted a new one was created, I have to manually keep resetting to the new e mail and get continuous error problems with the e mail on One Drive and my computer, How can I delete it from my PC and One Drive..

Thank you,

Jules

:)

JulianGaleote, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    Deleting a default MS account

Hi Yvonne,

You would need to have the account details of the Microsoft account for you to be able to delete it. There are three processes for you to completely delete a Microsoft Account.

Step 1: Create a local account on your Windows 10 computer.

• Press the Windows key +R.
    • Type netplwiz in the Open: field and click
      OK
    • Click Add.
    • Select Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).
    • Click Local account.
    • Enter a username and a password.
    • Click Next and then Finish.
    • Sign out of the Microsoft account you want to delete and sign in with the local account you just created.

Step 2: Remove a Microsoft account from your Windows 10 computer.

• Click the Start button and select Settings.
    • Select Accounts and then scroll down and select the Microsoft account you would like to delete.
    • Click Remove and then Yes. The account has now been removed from your computer.

Step 3: Completely delete the Microsoft account.

• Open your web browser.
    • Navigate to the close Microsoft account page.
    • In the Email or phone field, type the Microsoft account username.
    • In the Password field, enter the password.
    • Click Sign in.
    • Enter the last four digits of the phone number associated or linked to the Microsoft account you want to delete and the click
      Send code.
    • Enter the code received via text message on the phone number associated to the account.
    • Click Submit and select No thanks.
    • Select Next after reading the suggestions from Microsoft and tick the
      checkboxes beside each section as you read through them.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside Select a reason and choose a reason for closing the account.
    • Click Mark account for closure and then Done.

The account will remain in limbo for 60 days in case you change your mind about the deletion. After 60 days, it will permanently deleted.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Account that was deleted yet continues to pop up as default

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Account that was deleted yet continues to pop up as default

1. Account that was deleted yet continues to pop up as default - Similar Threads - Account was deleted

2. Plug in security request continually pops up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plug in security request continually pops up.: I cannot fine the source of this popup. It is not spam, So malware bytes, etc will not work. The code is apparently for a wordpress plugin. I clicked on an event and this happened. Please help. It happens every ten minutes....
  3. Plug in security request continually pops up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plug in security request continually pops up.: I cannot fine the source of this popup. It is not spam, So malware bytes, etc will not work. The code is apparently for a wordpress plugin. I clicked on an event and this happened. Please help. It happens every ten minutes....
  4. Plug in security request continually pops up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Get help window continuously popping up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get help window continuously popping up: I am using windows 10 and when i working on offline modewithout internet, get help window continuously popping up with the alert-"It looks like you're not connected to the internet" and this window continuously popping up. And when I working on online mode that time I can...
  6. Continuous Error pop up issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous Error pop up issue: [IMG]Everytime i open my laptop this pop up shows up, started happening around 1-2 weeks ago. Not sure how I can fix it or get rid of it please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/continuous-error-pop-up-issue/9329f9a4-b87b-4b2e-883d-295ef9cc6d4e
  7. Crotana pop up continuously

in Cortana
    Crotana pop up continuously: In my laptop crotana pop up continuously without pressing any key. I have reset the windows also then also this problem is not resolved. It continuously distract while working. Any solution?...
  8. my licence is activated and yet a message continuously pop up saysing my windows licence...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my licence is activated and yet a message continuously pop up saysing my windows licence...: hello I get a message saying that my windows licence will expire soon and that I need to go to settings but I got windows 10 more than 2 years ago when it was recommended to upgrade to windows 10 (I was on windows 7). Now the systems tells me that I need to upgrade to windows...
  9. continual Disk Space warning pop up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    continual Disk Space warning pop up: I get this message "Low Disk Space. You are running out of disk space on Local Drive (F:). Click here to free up space on this drive. Windows Explorer" The disk shows it is low in the red zone, but nothing is on it.. . 0 bytes. I converted to Windows 10 when it came out,...
  10. Delete local user account or change default account on start up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete local user account or change default account on start up: I have a local user account that comes up as the default user when Windows10 boots up that I would like to remove. I have tried the usual user modification menus but this account does not show up. It is annoying to have to go through this false log in every time I start...