Windows 10: Account Type Change Problem

Discus and support Account Type Change Problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [IMG]Hello to All; I have newly purchased HP Spectre x360. I have two accounts and type of both account is "Standard account" mistakenly. When I try... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by khizarhayat2, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Account Type Change Problem

Account Type Change Problem [​IMG]Hello to All;

I have newly purchased HP Spectre x360. I have two accounts and type of both account is "Standard account" mistakenly. When I try to change one of them to "Administrator account", It's unable to change. I have put the picture of the problem also. Kindly have a look and guide me how to solve it?

waiting to hear good suggestions from you!

Regards

Khizar Hayat2

:)

khizarhayat2, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    changing the user account type

Thank you for getting back to us with the result, Cham.

Since you're unable to download the suggested method from the previous reply, let's resolve this in a different approach.

If you're able to go back to your desktop, kindly do so. Once there, follow the steps below:

• Press WinKey + Q, type user accounts and click on the result.
    • Then select your User Account > Click Manage another account.
    • In the following window, click Add a user account option.
    • Now we have to create a local account user. So after clicking Add an account, click
      Sign in without a Microsoft account (Not recommended), then click Local account. Fill the details on the screen so appeared for adding local account. Click
      Finish when done.
    • Press Windows Key + Q and type cmd, for the search results, click
      Command Prompt. Type the following command and hit Enter key:
      • shutdown /r /o
    • The previous step will result your system to boot into Safe Mode. After getting into
      Safe Mode, press Windows Key + Q, type user accounts, and pick the same from results so appear. You would have now two accounts on your system; first your issued admin account and second the local account which you’ve
      created in step 2. Select local account.
    • Now click Change the account type.
    • Moving on, change the account status from Standard to Administrator. Click
      Change Account Type.

This way, the new user account you created has been changed to an Administrator account. Restart your machine and log in to this account with Admin rights. You can now backup your documents from the old admin account.

Finally, delete the old admin account and switch to Microsoft account to synchronize your settings with a new administrative account. Your system will now act normally with full admin rights in your hand.

Let us know how things go on your end.

Best,

Anne

Anne Fuj, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Account Type Change Problem

Account problem

Aslam,

Yes, the procedure is complex but I split it into individual steps that, I believe, can be followed by anybody.

Booting into Safe mode is explained in section 3. All steps are included. If there is a step you cannot do then please tell me the para number and which aspect of it is confusing you.

Getting into the built-in Administrator account is explained in section 4. All steps are included. If there is a step you cannot do then please tell me the para number and which aspect of it is confusing you.

Any local account and any MSAccount can be made a "Standard" account or an Admin account. You need to be logged in to an Admin account in order to raise a Standard account to Admin status.
    - Once you are logged in to one of the Admin accounts that I suggest that you create, you can go to Settings, Accounts, Family & other users so that you can select the account you want to raise then click on the Change account type button that appears.
    - Be wary of promoting then relying upon the current problem account because its user profile might be damaged. I cannot say that it is definitely damaged but only that something has gone wrong.

Denis

Thema:

Account Type Change Problem

1. Account Type Change Problem - Similar Threads - Account Type Change

2. Change Account Type on Windows PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Account Type on Windows PC: I have a PC at home for which I want to be signed in on my work account. Originally, that account had both a personal and work account aspect tied to the same email address, but to streamline things, I closed the personal part of that account.The problem is that I am now...
  3. Help changing the type of a Microsoft account

Help changing the type of a Microsoft account: I changed my email carrier, so I currently have 2 Microsoft accounts. I need to make my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Microsoft to a local user account. According to information I read on the Microsoft Support pages, if I delete the centurylink.net account I...
  4. Account Type changing issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account Type changing issue: I want to change my account to Standard type but the option is disabled . What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-type-changing-issue/26782d3d-2cc3-4a00-b1de-f6cab082c27b
  5. cannot change type of user account.

cannot change type of user account.: Hi, Please Help Me! When i creat a strandard account and i change it in administrator. Then i open it, my computer say to me"user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded". Then i close it and open my old strandard account and tried to...
  6. To change the user account type

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    To change the user account type: when I tried to change the user [ATTACH]account type it wont allowing me to change it. And when iam deleting the files in one user account and it will be also[ATTACH]deleted in another administrator account also....
  7. how to change account from a member account to an administrator account type?

how to change account from a member account to an administrator account type?: how do I change my MS account to an administrator account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-account-from-a-member-account-to-an/17203dfd-0446-478f-ad7d-e931256816e4"
  8. change account type to local account

change account type to local account: Why change account type to local account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-account-type-to-local-account/da9d0232-02dc-4c00-a93f-785072c885f3"
  9. Having problems in changing icons type

in Windows 10 Support
    Having problems in changing icons type: I recently started having a problem with my windows 10 enterprise and it mainly happened after experiencing a BSOD, and the problem is every time I try to change icon type from view menu it changes but just when I leave that folder and enter it again it returns to the same...
  10. Change Account Type in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Account Type in Windows 10: How to: Change Account Type in Windows 10 How to Change Account Type of Users in Windows 10 [img] Information When you set up Windows, you were required to create a user account. This account is an administrator account that allows you to set up your PC and install...