Windows 10: Account Unknown user account from Local type

Discus and support Account Unknown user account from Local type in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello MS Community! - I'm having some issues regarding users on my PC, the problem basically is that there are 4 " Account Unknown " in my users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aiman Al Obaid, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Account Unknown user account from Local type

Hello MS Community!

- I'm having some issues regarding users on my PC, the problem basically is that there are 4 " Account Unknown " in my users profile all of them has different sizes, I'm currently only got 1 active account which I'm logged in and use as my main also, non of these accounts appear when I log in to windows and also can't be found anywhere but they just taking some big space from my C drive, my question is: Can I delete those accounts without affecting my current C and D drives folders? btw they dose not appear under " Family and other users "

Account Unknown user account from Local type [​IMG]

:)

Aiman Al Obaid, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    User account types

There are fewer things that might go wrong with a local user account.
    • A local user account might develop a user profile fault.
    • An MSAccount might develop a user profile fault or it might suffer from some account / password online synchronisation problem

You can switch the account to an MSAccount later on if you wanted. But you could also consider keeping your local user account as your day-to-day account and then adding an additional account to link to your MSAccount. That way, you could have the convenience of an MSAccount when you wanted it but could switch back into a local account at any time.

Make sure that you have at least one password-protected Admin-level account
    • that is a local user account
    and
    • that is in addition to whichever account you end up using for your day-to-day activities.
    By doing so you are protected against the risk of your day-to-day account developing user profile faults. If your day-to-day account ever starts failing to log on & you get allowed in with a temporary profile then you can just log on with this additional Admin-level account to get back full access to your computer.

Denis

4. Anne Fuj Win User

Account Unknown user account from Local type

changing the user account type

Thank you for getting back to us with the result, Cham.

Since you're unable to download the suggested method from the previous reply, let's resolve this in a different approach.

If you're able to go back to your desktop, kindly do so. Once there, follow the steps below:

• Press WinKey + Q, type user accounts and click on the result.
    • Then select your User Account > Click Manage another account.
    • In the following window, click Add a user account option.
    • Now we have to create a local account user. So after clicking Add an account, click
      Sign in without a Microsoft account (Not recommended), then click Local account. Fill the details on the screen so appeared for adding local account. Click
      Finish when done.
    • Press Windows Key + Q and type cmd, for the search results, click
      Command Prompt. Type the following command and hit Enter key:
      • shutdown /r /o
    • The previous step will result your system to boot into Safe Mode. After getting into
      Safe Mode, press Windows Key + Q, type user accounts, and pick the same from results so appear. You would have now two accounts on your system; first your issued admin account and second the local account which you’ve
      created in step 2. Select local account.
    • Now click Change the account type.
    • Moving on, change the account status from Standard to Administrator. Click
      Change Account Type.

This way, the new user account you created has been changed to an Administrator account. Restart your machine and log in to this account with Admin rights. You can now backup your documents from the old admin account.

Finally, delete the old admin account and switch to Microsoft account to synchronize your settings with a new administrative account. Your system will now act normally with full admin rights in your hand.

Let us know how things go on your end.

Best,

Anne

Anne Fuj, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Account Unknown user account from Local type

1. Account Unknown user account from Local type - Similar Threads - Account Unknown user

2. How to enable the Built-in administrator account from local user account[not local...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to enable the Built-in administrator account from local user account[not local...: How to built-in administrator enable the account from user account.....? I tried following command but getting below error. [ATTACH] Can you give the solution to fix the issue....
  3. Remove unknown emails from user account

Remove unknown emails from user account: On my wife's Windows 10 PC, she has or had a local account, while I have a windows account synced across several machines. We've just noticed that this appears to have been switched to a windows account, linked to a couple of email addresses, neither of which she recognises....
  4. Local User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  5. local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  6. change account type to local account

change account type to local account: Why change account type to local account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-account-type-to-local-account/da9d0232-02dc-4c00-a93f-785072c885f3"
  7. Unknown User Account

Unknown User Account: Hi, I want to get rid of an Unknown User Account and I don't know how to do it safely. The standard method doesn't apply because I can't see my Unknown User Account in Control Panel --> User Accounts. Matter of fact no matter where I look C:\Users, usrmgr.msc, netplwiz,...
  8. Unknown User Account

Unknown User Account: Hi I recently carried out a fresh windows 10 install, however when I boot up my laptop, two User Accounts appear, one is my own and the other has an ID of "KCUBMA5". If I try to log in to this account, it requires a password. I never created this account and when I try...
  9. User account types

User account types: I upgraded my laptop automatically to Windows 10 a long time ago, but I just finished my new build, and I've been dealing with security settings, admin privileges, local account, Microsoft account, etc trying to get everything working seamlessly, and I'm hoping someone can...
  10. Unknown second user account

Unknown second user account: I took the free upgrade to Windows 10 about a week ago. An unknown second user has started appearing on the password log-in screen. It has the name 'smmosbvjntf'. It is easily removed from the user account box but usually reappears on the log-in screen within 24 hours. I...