Windows 10: Account Verification Text Doesn't Work

Discus and support Account Verification Text Doesn't Work in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm trying to add an email alias to my Outlook.com account. It requires account verification and although it shows the correct text number, I'm not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Saidas2, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Saidas2 Win User

Account Verification Text Doesn't Work

I'm trying to add an email alias to my Outlook.com account. It requires account verification and although it shows the correct text number, I'm not receiving texts to verify. I got locked out of my account for 30 days a few months ago after cloning my HD and I don't want to go through that **** again. How do I get the account verification text to work?

:)

Saidas2, Apr 18, 2024
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Account Verification Text Doesn't Work 233722d1557862791t-windows-doesn-t-start-authomatic-repair-doesn-t-work-hdd-test-1-.png

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 18, 2024
  3. mngerhold Win User
    Add gmail account to outlook without text message verification?

A screenshot might help us identify whether it is MS or gmail that is responsible for this (my guess is gmail). The MS instructions you linked to say that no verification should be required if 2FA (in gmail) is off.
    I suggest you turn on 2FA in gmail, and try again.

mngerhold, Apr 18, 2024
  4. Account Verification Text Doesn't Work

email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

Account Verification Text Doesn't Work

1. Account Verification Text Doesn't Work - Similar Threads - Account Verification Text

2. Account Verification Text Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Verification Text Doesn't Work: I'm trying to add an email alias to my Outlook.com account. It requires account verification and although it shows the correct text number, I'm not receiving texts to verify. I got locked out of my account for 30 days a few months ago after cloning my HD and I don't want to...
  3. Account Verification Text Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Verification Text Doesn't Work: I'm trying to add an email alias to my Outlook.com account. It requires account verification and although it shows the correct text number, I'm not receiving texts to verify. I got locked out of my account for 30 days a few months ago after cloning my HD and I don't want to...
  4. Not receiving account verification texts.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not receiving account verification texts.: Hi, I’m unable to receive account security texts as the phone number seems to be missing a digit and the “use alternative method” option is not being displayed. How do I go about rectifying this?...
  5. Not receiving account verification texts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving account verification texts.: Hi, I’m unable to receive account security texts as the phone number seems to be missing a digit and the “use alternative method” option is not being displayed. How do I go about rectifying this?...
  6. Not receiving account verification texts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Verification of childs account not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verification of childs account not working: My child has had a microsoft account for a couple of years, but when trying to play some local multiplayer minecraft java games together, we found that she can't join. No obvious fixes have worked, now I've found that in our account settings there's a problem with her...
  8. Keep getting verification texts in Chinese but doesn't seem to be my accounts.

Keep getting verification texts in Chinese but doesn't seem to be my accounts.: I am constantly getting verification texts in Chinese on my phone. I thought initially someone was trying to access one of my accounts linked to the number. I don't think this is the case as I have checked the recent activity of all the accounts I believe to be linked with...
  9. Problem with MS account verification via text

Problem with MS account verification via text: Hi. I was trying to change my Microsoft Password. The verification screen choices include 'send text to my landline number' and 'send email to my work email address'. I checked my MS account info. It shows my mobile number and personal email address. How can I change it so...
  10. Texts for account verification

Texts for account verification: Every day or so I am getting texts saying "use this code for Microsoft verification". I think that someone is trying to hack into my account. What should I be doing to protect my account?...