Windows 10: Accounts and Aliases

Discus and support Accounts and Aliases in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Recently, I have inadvertently added another Microsoft account (alias?) which has now become my main account (there is no remove option): [img]... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by hunuok, Oct 12, 2018.

1. hunuok Win User

Accounts and Aliases

Recently, I have inadvertently added another Microsoft account (alias?) which has now become my main account (there is no remove option):

Accounts and Aliases [​IMG]

Upon trying to remove this account, this new account/alias does not appear in my Microsoft account:

Accounts and Aliases [​IMG]

How do I remove the newly made account/alias and just have my original account (ie the bottom email address)?

Thanks in advance.

:)

hunuok, Oct 12, 2018

2. Microsoft Account, managing aliases: There is no 'make primary' link next to the email I would like to make primary

Hello GI,

There is a possibility that you are experiencing this issue due to a browser problem or due to some conflict with the Microsoft account settings. For us to effectively assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us which browser are you using when you're trying to manage your aliases?
    • Have you tried using a different browser and check if you're having the same issue?

To change your primary alias and to remove an alias from your account, you may follow the steps provided in this
    article. The article describes the steps on how you can manage aliases on your Microsoft account.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Mark_W. Win User

Accounts and Aliases

Email aliases

Hello Mickey.Jim:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding your email question. It sounds like this is an issue on the Microsoft account end and not the phone's end. My suggestion is to sign into
    http://accounts.live.com and reorganize your account and aliases.

I would suggest removing all the current aliases attached to your account. After they have been removed, readd them to your account. Please add the alias you would like to be your primary first. I might suggest not adding any others until you verify this
    is working properly. Once you have set up the new alias, restart your phone and monitor behavior.

If you continue to notice issues with how you are receiving mails, just on the phone. Describe for us how things work on the phone and how things work when you check your email on a computer or tablet.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Accounts and Aliases

1. Accounts and Aliases - Similar Threads - Accounts Aliases

2. Transferring everything to a new laptop while turning on OneDrive and aliasing new MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring everything to a new laptop while turning on OneDrive and aliasing new MS account: Hi, I just got a new laptop and I'm trying to use Windows Backup, but with great difficulty. I know I have MS 365 installed but the subscription is managed by my partner. I don't have OneDrive but I'm willing to start using it. The big issue is that my MS account is under an...
  3. Transferring everything to a new laptop while turning on OneDrive and aliasing new MS account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring everything to a new laptop while turning on OneDrive and aliasing new MS account: Hi, I just got a new laptop and I'm trying to use Windows Backup, but with great difficulty. I know I have MS 365 installed but the subscription is managed by my partner. I don't have OneDrive but I'm willing to start using it. The big issue is that my MS account is under an...
  4. different inboxes aliases in same account for email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    different inboxes aliases in same account for email?: hi, i made new e-mail aliases to my microsoft account in an attempt to organize things. i want to have them as separate inboxes in the e-mail app in windows. how do i do that?...
  5. different inboxes aliases in same account for email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    different inboxes aliases in same account for email?: hi, i made new e-mail aliases to my microsoft account in an attempt to organize things. i want to have them as separate inboxes in the e-mail app in windows. how do i do that?...
  6. Microsoft Account Aliases

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Aliases: I am trying to move my Microsoft account to an outlook email account and move away from Gmail. I created an outlook email account but I was not able to tie it as an alias. Microsoft says the account is already taken it's taken by me. I closed my account though the account...
  7. Account Aliases

Account Aliases: I seem to be struggling with my Microsoft account which I never use. In trying to understand another issue I'm having I was trying to figure out how to sign in to my Microsoft account. When I finally did I learned that is uses an email address that I never use any more. I...
  8. Changing Microsoft Account through Aliases

Changing Microsoft Account through Aliases: Hey guys, I've had the same Hotmail address for a while, and I use it as my Microsoft Account; to login to my Windows 10 laptop, for OneDrive photos and OneNote which is synced through OneDrive, and I've also purchased movies and TV shows on the Microsoft Store. There have...
  9. Microsoft Account Aliases

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Account Aliases: Good morning, I have an existing microsoft account under *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and am trying to add / change to another email alias. Whenever I try to add this email alias, it tells me this email address is already taken - which is true - it's taken...
  10. Change Sign-in Preferences of Microsoft Account Aliases

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Sign-in Preferences of Microsoft Account Aliases: How to: Change Sign-in Preferences of Microsoft Account Aliases How to Change Sign-in Preferences of your Microsoft Account Aliases [img] Information An account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have...