Windows 10: accounts built the same way acting different

Discus and support accounts built the same way acting different in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good afternoon all, So here is my situation I have 2 users whose account were built the same way by the same admin on Office 365 with Azure AD free.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by subdeven, Jan 18, 2020.

1. subdeven Win User

accounts built the same way acting different

Good afternoon all,

So here is my situation I have 2 users whose account were built the same way by the same admin on Office 365 with Azure AD free. They are using identical computers both running Windows 10 Pro but getting different behaviors. When one of them tried to set up the new computer to log in with his existing account it worked just fine, the other one however received an error saying his account was not a Microsoft account. When the admin looks at them in Azure AD and from the Office 365 portal he can see no differences. Any ideas on why this is happening?

:)

subdeven, Jan 18, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Domain User account acting as "Built-In Administrator" account

Recently, I have noticed that I am unable to launch built-in apps like the Store, Mail, Calendar, Calculator, etc., and the following message is displayed;

"This app can't open

<app name> can't be opened using the Built-In Administrator account.

Sign in with a different account and try again."

I am using a domain account (not a Built-In account) to which I had my Microsoft Account connected. The local Administrator on this machine has been disabled. I did disconnect my Microsoft Account from the domain account thinking if I re-added it, it may
    re-register or something, but now I am no longer able to add my Microsoft Account.

I have researched this issue and have tried all manner of troubleshooting suggestions, including modifying local policies and the registry. I am looking for any and all suggestions. Please let me know what information would be helpful for you to know. Thank
    you.

Mathariman, Jan 18, 2020
  4. raywood Win User

Built-In Administrator Account Confusion

So I guess it's a bug: I'm not actually running the built-in administrator account, but Windows acts as if I were. And when I make the changes you suggest, I think I'm enabling User Account Control, but I see now that the slider in Control Panel > User Accounts is still set to Never Notify. Even more confusing! But you've resolved the problem, and I appreciate that.

raywood, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

1. accounts built the same way acting different - Similar Threads - accounts built same

2. DIFFERENT WAYS TO ACCESS DIFFERENT WINDOWS MACHINES ON A SAME NETWORK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIFFERENT WAYS TO ACCESS DIFFERENT WINDOWS MACHINES ON A SAME NETWORK: This article is published, because we have received numerous customer’s queries, complaints, and feedback, that they need an action plan to access different machines on a same network and effective ways to troubleshoot them. In this article, we discussed ways to setup a...
  3. DIFFERENT WAYS TO ACCESS DIFFERENT WINDOWS MACHINES ON A SAME NETWORK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DIFFERENT WAYS TO ACCESS DIFFERENT WINDOWS MACHINES ON A SAME NETWORK: This article is published, because we have received numerous customer’s queries, complaints, and feedback, that they need an action plan to access different machines on a same network and effective ways to troubleshoot them. In this article, we discussed ways to setup a...
  4. Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?: Hi,I bought Minecraft on my laptop for my kiddo--required a "Microsoft Account", which I made.When to download the installer, and it forced me to open the "Xbox App". Went to sign in there, and it said "Sign in with Microsoft Account?" I chose "Yes", and it now says that SAME...
  5. Different email same Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Different email same Microsoft account: I changed my email in my Microsoft account, and now i cant log in to my laptop. Cant find the option to change the user or email in the start screen before singing in. I tried the option of reseting the password in the laptop but it goes back to the old user when i have to...
  6. Different email same Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different email same Microsoft account: I changed my email in my Microsoft account, and now i cant log in to my laptop. Cant find the option to change the user or email in the start screen before singing in. I tried the option of reseting the password in the laptop but it goes back to the old user when i have to...
  7. Different email same Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Different accounts on the same pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different accounts on the same pc: Hi guys! So my sister and I share a desktop computer that we just bought. We both have our own accounts and they're admin accounts. I was wondering if there is a way that we can't access to each other's stuff (programs, documents, photos). Something like having "two" separate...
  9. Volume is acting differently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume is acting differently: My laptop always locks the volume at 37 when my earbuds are plugged in. When I try to increase it I get a warning and volume won't change unless I click allow. I still get this option, but know nothing happens when I do....
  10. Remote into different account on same computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote into different account on same computer: Is there any way to control (as in, remote login-esk way to use) second account on same computer? I have several different user accounts on my computer, one is for game servers (killing floor, minecraft, etc), I'd like to be able to control it in a window from my main...