Windows 10: Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update

Discus and support Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After the latest big Windows 10 update today, I see two user accounts have been created, namely "Default" and "Default.migrated" Neither existed... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PeterAstle, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update

After the latest big Windows 10 update today, I see two user accounts have been created, namely "Default" and "Default.migrated" Neither existed beforehand. They both contain quite a few folders and subfolders which at the bottom level are all empty. Can I safely delete these accounts?
    Previously I had all Public Folders from the Public Account set to locations off my SSD, now they have been recreated on my SSD and I can't move them apart from "Public Account Pictures" as the option to relocate them is not present even though Windows says they can be relocated - see screenshots.
    Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update [​IMG]

Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update [​IMG]

Can the Public Account be deleted without consequence - I never use it!

:)

PeterAstle, Nov 15, 2015
  2. Karen Her Win User

Possible Windows Update Virus 2018

We suggest that you create a new user account, and update your Windows manually.

To create a new user account, you can refer to this link: Create a local user or
    administrator account in Windows 10.

To update your Windows manually, you can search and download the latest KB/Build from this
    link. The latest KB/Build of Windows 10 Version 1709 should be KB4074588 (OS Build 16299.248). You can refer to this
    link for the list of Windows 10 versions and KB/build.

After creating a new user account, and updating your Windows manually, check if the same issue will happen.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Nov 15, 2015
  3. problem shutting down

Have you tried installing the most recent update for Windows 10 Version 1709? As of
    January 3rd, the latest build is OS Build 16299.192 (KB4056892).

If the issue continues even after installing the latest updates, we advise creating a new user account. There's a possibility that a corrupted or damaged system file is causing the shut down issue. Name the new user account as
    "test" for distinct and then monitor if the same issue occurs. You can check this

article
    for the steps on how to create a user account in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, Nov 15, 2015
  4. AndreyT Win User

Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update

Default.migrated is the pre-update version of Default. It is usually empty. It can be safely deleted.

As for Default... No, it was not created during the update. And it did exist beforehand. Most likely you simply missed it (it is a hidden folder usually). This folder is the default user profile "template". Right next to it there should be a junction Users\Default User, which should point to the very same Users\Default. It was like that since Windows 7, if not earlier. Just let that Default be.

Now, the matter of relocation of Public Folders... I also noticed that and I could also almost swear that I was able to easily relocate them before. Moreover, on my Windows 7 machine they are immediately relocatable. However, on Windows 8 and later they are just like you describe: it is not possible to edit the path and there are no buttons. (Or did this issue appear in Windows 10?)

Anyway, this is a well-known issue that can be worked around by logging in as Administrator in Safe Mode. Reboot in Safe Mode and these paths will immediately become editable in Windows 10 (and the buttons will appear where they are supposed to be). Edit the paths as you wish, move the data and then reboot in normal mode.

AndreyT, Nov 16, 2015
  5. Thanks for your comments.
    You are correct that Default was a hidden file so I have left it alone as you advised, but have deleted Default.migrated
    Regarding the Public Folders - I also read somewhere that they can be copied to a new location and then by editing the registry entry for Public under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList to point to the new location works too. I tried this and I have not noticed any issues.

PeterAstle, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update

1. Accounts Created after Windows 10 Latest Update - Similar Threads - Accounts Created Latest

2. Is there a way to create a windows 10 usb installer with latest updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to create a windows 10 usb installer with latest updates?: Is there a way create a windows 10 USB installation media that ALREADY has the latest updates. I have a windows 10 home usb that i got from new egg with a product key, but every single time i format my PC (which is often) I have to wait hours for windows updates, there has...
  3. Windows 10 deactivated after latest update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 deactivated after latest update: Hello everyone, I updated my windows overnight to the latest version available to me on August 21st. After that, I noticed my version of Windows 10 Pro deactivated. I have tried the troubleshoot option but it tells me that it is not connected to the internet, although I am....
  4. Display driver creating problem after the latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display driver creating problem after the latest update: I am using Dell vostro 2520 with latest version of windows 10. as i updated the windows drivers for display it start creating blur type too small dots and lines. as now i uninstalled the update it is working fine but i am not able to play games like Pubg on my pc which needed...
  5. Unable to create Local account in Window following latest update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to create Local account in Window following latest update: [IMG] Help! Following the latest Window update I am no longer able to use my computer because it wants me to log into a microsoft account. I tried bypassing this with windows Key- Settings and creating a local account without setting up a microsoft account but it wont...
  6. After latest Windows 10 update, a print file is created

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After latest Windows 10 update, a print file is created: Printer does not get a print file and will not print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-latest-windows-10-update-a-print-file-is/92942c23-be48-4952-ba10-0bfa34036b95
  7. User account not syncing after latest Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User account not syncing after latest Windows 10 update.: cannot sync in my account after the latest windows 10 update..... files are missing, email app does not work anymore and everything else.... buying an mac next time... can't deal with windows anymore. every time the same issues after these updates...
  8. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...
  9. Create more with the latest Windows 10 Maps updates

in Windows 10 News
    Create more with the latest Windows 10 Maps updates: Hello! I’m Dave Alles, Partner Group Program Manager for the Windows Maps team. Our team delivers the Windows Maps app and the underlying map platform available to developers on all Windows 10 devices. We continuously work to release app updates with new functionality and...
  10. Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder !! created after latest update -- What is it: Hi there Anybody got any idea what this folder is the application seems to be WPI ?? [img] I did an upgrade from the ISO at the Ms Bench site so the ISO is genuine Cheers jimbo 29994