Windows 10: Accounts cross linked two different phones

Discus and support Accounts cross linked two different phones in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This has to get fixed 5 year now I've been dealing with this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kyle J Fullenwider, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Accounts cross linked two different phones

This has to get fixed 5 year now I've been dealing with this

:)

Kyle J Fullenwider, Jun 27, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 27, 2019
  4. meebers Win User

Accounts cross linked two different phones

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Accounts cross linked two different phones

1. Accounts cross linked two different phones - Similar Threads - Accounts cross linked

2. Link Two MCIDS with two personal accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link Two MCIDS with two personal accounts: I have two MCIDS and two seperate personal accounts linked with these .One of my personal account is linked to my work account.I would like to retain the MCID linked to both my personal account and work account and merge another MCID with a different personal account with the...
  3. Phone Link Windows 11 - unable to log into a different Microsoft Account

Phone Link Windows 11 - unable to log into a different Microsoft Account: Phone Link Windows 11 - I have a new Asus Rog Strix laptop and Phone Link will not allow me to change Microsoft Account so I can Link my mobile. It is stuck on another email account not connected or used. It is a pain ad I had it linked and use to Laptop to make and receive...
  4. Phone Link Windows 11 - unable to log into a different Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link Windows 11 - unable to log into a different Microsoft Account: Phone Link Windows 11 - I have a new Asus Rog Strix laptop and Phone Link will not allow me to change Microsoft Account so I can Link my mobile. It is stuck on another email account not connected or used. It is a pain ad I had it linked and use to Laptop to make and receive...
  5. Phone Link App separates sent and received text messages into two different conversations.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App separates sent and received text messages into two different conversations.: I am also unable to see my replies on my phone in the Textra app. When looking in my phone's default messaging app, there are also two different conversations similar to what is happening in the Phone Link App on my computer. Phone:OnePlus 6T running Android 11 OxygenOS...
  6. Phone Link App separates sent and received text messages into two different conversations.

Phone Link App separates sent and received text messages into two different conversations.: I am also unable to see my replies on my phone in the Textra app. When looking in my phone's default messaging app, there are also two different conversations similar to what is happening in the Phone Link App on my computer. Phone:OnePlus 6T running Android 11 OxygenOS...
  7. trying to link minecraft/mocrosoft accounts cross-platform

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    trying to link minecraft/mocrosoft accounts cross-platform: Okay so i switched over to PC from PS4 few weeks ago and havent been able to link my microsoft account to get Minecraft on my PC. Every time I try to go to https://aka.ms/remoteconnect it lets me put in all the information, but however, at the end it puts me on a page...
  8. Linking two microsoft accounts to one

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linking two microsoft accounts to one: Hi microsoft community, I would like to know that if I have two microsoft accounts and I want to link them to one account i.e. making one primary account, how can this be done? I know the process of adding another email to your outlook mail, but I'm not looking for that...
  9. two different phone/computers are linked to my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    two different phone/computers are linked to my computer: C:\Users\Therese\Documents\Email attachments\LCSW BHOP Guam AFB posting.docx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-different-phonecomputers-are-linked-to-my/cf3b47aa-5211-4560-825c-a4be1095d542
  10. Two MS Accounts -same machine. Will updates "cross over"?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Two MS Accounts -same machine. Will updates "cross over"?: For weeks my Insider Updates have downloaded but refused to install. Part of this seemed to be that I couldn't connect properly to my Microsoft Account. Today I created a New User on the same machine and carried through to create an entirely new MS Account. If I register as...