Windows 10: Accounts on different computers

Discus and support Accounts on different computers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently got a new router and had to get all my devices set up. I was having trouble getting my wife's computer to communicate with our printer. That... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrew_214, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Accounts on different computers

I recently got a new router and had to get all my devices set up. I was having trouble getting my wife's computer to communicate with our printer. That is fixed now, but I logged in to my Microsoft account on her computer. It reset things on my surface (think that is fixed), but now it wants me to log in to her computer and she does not even have the option to log in. What can I do to get her account back on the log in screen without resetting her computer?

:)

Andrew_214, Oct 28, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

Accounts on different computers

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Accounts on different computers :(

Zakin, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Accounts on different computers

1. Accounts on different computers - Similar Threads - Accounts different computers

2. Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account: I have recently purchased a new computer as my old one had been a write-off, but this new computer has a different Microsoft account attached to it. I am able to access both accounts, however I am unable to access the first computer, and the second is currently in setup. How...
  3. Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account: I have recently purchased a new computer as my old one had been a write-off, but this new computer has a different Microsoft account attached to it. I am able to access both accounts, however I am unable to access the first computer, and the second is currently in setup. How...
  4. How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...: Hello, I am trying to help my father-in-law log on to his laptop. He said he was able to get in it before but today for some reason he was unable to log on and does not know the password to the outlook.com email that's registered on that laptop. I've tried the password reset...
  5. How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...: Hello, I am trying to help my father-in-law log on to his laptop. He said he was able to get in it before but today for some reason he was unable to log on and does not know the password to the outlook.com email that's registered on that laptop. I've tried the password reset...
  6. How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Different Microsoft accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Different Microsoft accounts: The email showing up on my computer as my Microsoft account name is wrong. I changed emails and wasn't sure how to change that so I opened another Microsoft account under my new email. The wrong email still shows up under my profile on my PC and I can't buy anything from...
  8. Random beeps on different computers, same Microsoft account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random beeps on different computers, same Microsoft account: Two different computers sharing the same Microsoft account for Windows 10 have the same issue of making beeps randomly. If I change the Windows account on any of them, beepings stop. More details for the incident are provided below. I have an HP Notebook 15-AY114NS laptop...
  9. Sign On with local account on 3 different home computers and 2 different passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign On with local account on 3 different home computers and 2 different passwords: I just purchased and set up a new Dell All In One W10 home unit and it "required" me i.e. it seemed I had no choice in the matter to enter anumerical PIN to sign on which I did. Previously, I have set up two different laptops with analpha password with no problems....
  10. Remote into different account on same computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote into different account on same computer: Is there any way to control (as in, remote login-esk way to use) second account on same computer? I have several different user accounts on my computer, one is for game servers (killing floor, minecraft, etc), I'd like to be able to control it in a window from my main...