Windows 10: Accounts page in W10 Settings is blank

Discus and support Accounts page in W10 Settings is blank in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; While attempting to add an image to my login in page, I discovered that the Accounts page in settings is not working. I checked my admin account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Optimxr, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Optimxr Win User

Accounts page in W10 Settings is blank

While attempting to add an image to my login in page, I discovered that the Accounts page in settings is not working.
    I checked my admin account settings and they all seem to be correct and up-to-date. I then did some searching on the internet and found a similar complaint on the Microsoft Windows 10 forum that had several suggestions. The actions I took are these:
    1. Open task mgr and click on File>Run New Task. Check the “..task with admin privileges” box.
    2. type CMD to get the command prompt window.
    3. type in dism /Online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and return.
    This ran successfully and stopped at a new prompt.
    4. type in sfc /scannow which found no corrupt of invalid files.
    5. type powershell which concluded very quickly with no further info.
    6. . I then restarted and checked my Accounts page again...it remained blank as before with a continuous searching
    bar indicator.
    I am logged in as Local Administrator(not elevated) and the Time and Date are correct for my time zone. I am unable to add any new accounts from either Accounts or Add someone else to this PC. Any suggestions are welcome. I have attached a screen shot of the Accounts page.

:)

Optimxr, Aug 13, 2016
  2. Wol747 Win User

Settings page not working

W10 on my new Spectre laptop.

Settings > "Update and security" just gives a blank page: the menu on the left is populated (Windows update, Windows defender, Backup etc) but the right is just blank, and clicking on the menu items does nothing.

Just another of the host of W10 random problems, or something that is known about?

Wol747, Aug 13, 2016
  3. solitaire daily challenge W10 opens a blank page

solitaire daily challenge W10 opens a blank page

FishingDanny, Aug 13, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

In step 5 you said you typed PowerShell and it concluded quickly, The proper way to start PowerShell from a command prompt is to type Code: start powershell[/quote] What is the link to the Microsoft web page you are trying to follow.

Looking at your pic it looks to me like your computer is just taking a long time to load that settings page.

sml156, Aug 13, 2016
  5. Optimxr Win User
    Hi sml156, thanks for the info on powershell. I think I will try it again with "start". Here's the link to the Microsoft thread where I got the instructed solutions. Regarding the image, I agree that it looks like it is just taking some time to load the Accounts page, but more than 30 minutes seems like more than a slow load especially since my local admin user is the only account on this PC.

Link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...be1b280?auth=1

Optimxr, Aug 14, 2016
  6. sml156 Win User
    I see from your link to the Microsoft forum that the PowerShell command worked for one person at least.

Here is another way to open PowerShell to run that command

• Press the Windows Key + S
    • Type or paste powershell into the search
    • Right click on PowerShell Desktop App
    • Select Run as Administrator
    • After Powershell starts and you see the command prompt.
    • Copy the command below.
      Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote]
    • To paste the command simply right click in the PowerShell Terminal
    • Press Enter

sml156, Aug 15, 2016
  7. Optimxr Win User
    Thanks sml156, the powershell code did the trick. I was able to start powershell as admin as you suggested then just copy/paste(Ctrl/C, Ctrl/V) the code and it ran for awhile than returned to the command prompt. I was able to see the Accounts page fully, change my picture for login and add a new user from the accounts tab. All other tabs seem to be working fine in Settings=>Accounts. Thanks again for you help and patience.

Optimxr, Aug 15, 2016
  8. sml156 Win User

Glad to hear it worked *Party

I actually posted on that forum to the OP that he should edit his post for the correct way to open PowerShell

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Accounts page in W10 Settings is blank - Similar Threads - Accounts page W10

2. Blank Pages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Pages: Hp officejet 8030e Laptop - Asus Vivobook OS - Windows 10 Relaced the ink tank in my printer, but I am still unable to print. There is a printing tone, and paper is inserted, but nothing is printed. I'm completely oblivious to what's going on. I've also done a full reset...
  3. The windows update page is blank in settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The windows update page is blank in settings: I really need some help. Please someone help me if you can. So the problem is my WIDOWS UPDATE tab in settings is blank. I mean SETTINGS>UPDATE AND SCURITY> WINDOWS UPDATE. The tab is just blank. I'm using my administrator account. And because of this problem, I cant update...
  4. Windows Insider Program page is blank in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Insider Program page is blank in Windows Settings: [ATTACH]If you find that the Windows Insider Program page in Windows Settings is blank, then […] This article Windows Insider Program page is blank in Windows Settings first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. After installing W10 my printer produces blank pages.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After installing W10 my printer produces blank pages.: Hello Since installing Windows 10 my printer produces blank pages. Actions so far... Contacted OEM for Epson: updated latest driver and followed all their actions, can print their test page in full colour/B&W followed the instructions for the windows printer fix, except...
  6. Accounts | Email & app accounts page blank

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accounts | Email & app accounts page blank: I am referencing an old post about the email accounts page being blank at: Accounts page in W10 Settings is blank I went through all of the suggestions given there, and my problem was still not fixed. Going in a slightly different direction, I realized that the account...
  7. Blank pages on microsoft.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Blank pages on microsoft.: (please read this before you read the question info!) I need microsoft support because i keep on getting pages on microsoft that show nothing, totally blank and i try to reload the pages on firefox and it leads to a message it says to display this page, firefox must send...
  8. Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page: I don't remember when this started. Every time I open Settings, the WU page shows a blank page. Sometimes, it just closes the page/window when I click on WU, but this is rare. I've been searching for a solution to this issue. I notice that people have been reporting it...
  9. Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page: I don't remember when this started. Every time I open Settings, the WU page shows a blank page. Sometimes, it just closes the page/window when I click on WU, but this is rare. I've been searching for a solution to this issue. I notice that people have been reporting it...
  10. All Settings Pages Blank Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    All Settings Pages Blank Win 10: Cannot access any settings all windows that open are blank screen shot attached 26987

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 email and accounts blank