Windows 10: Accounts settings immediately closed whenever I open it

Discus and support Accounts settings immediately closed whenever I open it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm new member here. I wanted to ask about my problem after anniversary update. problem doesn't occured on Windows 10 previous build. Though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yuukichan, Aug 16, 2016.

1. yuukichan Win User

Accounts settings immediately closed whenever I open it

Hello, I'm new member here.

I wanted to ask about my problem after anniversary update.
    problem doesn't occured on Windows 10 previous build. Though it was happen before when I was on Windows 8.1, so I refresh windows and it worked again.
    But this time I didn't want to refresh or re-install windows because bunch of installed application and it takes forever for me to reinstall them from zero.

Here is my error, I recorded it using my phone camera (sorry, too lazy using desktop recording app)
    [youtube]xgNCigH0myg[/youtube]

I've tried to create new administrator account and following instruction at this site which is likely have same problem like me and it's not worked.

so is there any solution for this problem?
    I appreciate any answer

Sorry if my english is not good
    Thanks, best regrads

:)

yuukichan, Aug 16, 2016

2. Lots of crashes and bugs in Windows 10 Home Edition

Whenever I search something in the search bar next to the start button and it leads me to a link on the internet, it opens up Edge and closes it immediately.

Even if I want to create a new user to this PC, it opens up a dialog box and closes it immediately.

Same if I want to sign-in with a Microsoft Account or into Xbox.

Please help.

AdityaGanti, Aug 16, 2016
  3. JeffSingh Win User
    Windows 10 Store wont let me sign in

So today I opened the store app and wanted to download a free game. When I clicked on the button to download it prompted me to log in. When I chose my account it opened another window and it just immediately closed. So I just clicked the button at the
    top right to login and whenever I choose my account it just doesn't sign in. It always opens another window and closes immediately. Is there any way to fix this?

JeffSingh, Aug 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, could you try going to Control Panel, User Accounts and see if that looks normal and opens ok?
    What happens if you create a new user account (for test purposes) and then try accessing account settings?
    Do you have any restore points you can use?

FYI: quite often but not always if Windows is damaged this repair sequence (outline only) helps, without having to reinstall all programs and redo settings:
    sfc /scannow
    DISM commands
    An in-place upgrade repair install

And for transferring programs and settings from one Windows installation to another:
    Laplink programs and Easeus Todo PCTrans for example (but not free, sometimes given away.

Disk imaging is strongly recommended- it means you can easily restore your PC to a previous working state, protecting you from ransomware, hard disk failure, even user error. E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage.

dalchina, Aug 16, 2016
  5. yuukichan Win User
    Hello, thanks for the answer.

for the first question, yes it can be opened normally.
    and I've created new administrator account and tried to open Account Setting and still the problem exist. as well as guest account (it seems setting app broken or something else messed up)

unfortunately I have no restore point except old build (1511)

I'll try sfc /scannow and hope it can fix account's setting problem

My bad. I thought upgrading windows is safe because there is option to downgrade or back to previous build, so I feel didn't need restore point or else.

yuukichan, Aug 16, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, by all means, try sfc /Scannow- hopefully there will be no problem as you've recently upgraded. However, I doubt it will help somehow.

Now, can you say if you made any changes since upgrading that may have contributed to this?
    Note that system restore will have been turned off when you upgraded (and prior restore points deleted as you'd expect).

You do have 10 days after the upgrade to roll back.

dalchina, Aug 16, 2016
  7. yuukichan Win User
    yep, confirmed sfc /scannow command not detecting any "violations".

Accounts settings immediately closed whenever I open it [​IMG]

There is no any changes I've made at setting or any related with account setting before and after upgrading. Just noticed after Anniversary Update.
    Well, to be honest anything is run normal except Account Setting. Can someone take a screenshot of detailed of Account Setting?
    I can make a changes from microsoft account, so I didn't need to deal with Account Setting anyway (only if there is particular setting at Account Setting).
    So I'll bear up with this issue, until I've finished my work. after that I'll refresh it and reinstall anything from zero *cry

Thanks

yuukichan, Aug 16, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

There is a possibility it's a bug in the AU.. there are some significant ones that have affected some people, which MS is 'working on'.

You may prefer to roll back to the previous build and defer (if your OS supports that) the upgrade, or block updates to prevent it being applied, then try again later. It is not unusual for there to be problems in the first months after a major build release.

And you can give feedback to MS via the feedback hub app or otherwise.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Accounts settings immediately closed whenever I open it - Similar Threads - Accounts settings immediately

2. Settings close immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings close immediately after opening.: Everytime I open settings it closes immediately. I don’t know how to fix this problem I’ve tried factory resetting my entire pc and I’ve tried using Powershell, Command Prompt, and even Task manager to try to make it work again. I can’t go on Microsoft Edge because I need to...
  3. Settings close immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings close immediately after opening.: Everytime I open settings it closes immediately. I don’t know how to fix this problem I’ve tried factory resetting my entire pc and I’ve tried using Powershell, Command Prompt, and even Task manager to try to make it work again. I can’t go on Microsoft Edge because I need to...
  4. Settings immediately closes after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings immediately closes after opening: Before I'm recommended sfc /scannow trust me, I've tried everything. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and nothing works. For other people it...
  5. Settings immediately closes after opening

Settings immediately closes after opening: Before I'm recommended sfc /scannow trust me, I've tried everything. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and nothing works. For other people it...
  6. Settings immediately closes after opening

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Display Settings open and close Immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Settings open and close Immediately: If I try to open the Display Settings through the Desktop, The Settings App, ... every time it tries to open them but after some loading the window closes....
  8. Display Settings open and close Immediately

Display Settings open and close Immediately: If I try to open the Display Settings through the Desktop, The Settings App, ... every time it tries to open them but after some loading the window closes....
  9. Display Settings open and close Immediately

10. System Settings Closes Immediately After Opening

System Settings Closes Immediately After Opening: Hello! I'm dealing with a frustrating problem - my two monitors are displaying what the other should left monitor displays right, right monitor displays left, but I can't switch them around in display settings as I have in the past! Right clicking on my desktop, and then...