Windows 10: Accurate positioning of second screen relative to the first.

Discus and support Accurate positioning of second screen relative to the first. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to position a second monitor accurately relative to the first. Specifically I need to arrange the first display in landscape more, the second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BoydTolton, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Accurate positioning of second screen relative to the first.

I need to position a second monitor accurately relative to the first. Specifically I need to arrange the first display in landscape more, the second display in portrait mode, and the with both displays having the first (ie. bottom) row of pixels (ie. row 1) being the same row. When I position the displays using the graphical "Select and Arrange Displays" in Win10 Settings, I find that the bottom row of pixels for the two display can range between + and -30 pixels. Is there a command line method of arranging and positioning the displays accurately?

:)

BoydTolton, Mar 18, 2019
  2. MesPia Win User

Nice if Start screen "remembered" its position

This is not really a problem to be solved now, but a suggestion to Microsoft for a future update or version of Windows.

It would be nice if the Start screen remembered its position. For example, if I open the Start screen and scroll down to those applications that start with the letter "W", the next time I open the Start screen, it reverts back to displaying the top of the
    list. It would be nice if it "remembered" I was on "W" and opened at that position.

MesPia, Mar 18, 2019
  3. html position relative not working between different versions of IE 11

I have an application that works properly in Windows 7 IE v11.0.9600.19100cO but does not work on Windows 10 IE v 11.228.17134.0. The current issue is that elements in a scroll-able div container marked as position relative do not scroll with other elements
    but instead are static and other elements scroll over them. Any suggestion on how to fix this?

muddyWildCat, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Accurate positioning of second screen relative to the first.

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Accurate positioning of second screen relative to the first.

1. Accurate positioning of second screen relative to the first. - Similar Threads - Accurate positioning second

2. Video editor first trim position not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video editor first trim position not recognized: Hi.I'm having problems with the default video editor app. Say, I have a 5 minute video and I want to trim minutes 2-3. So I move the sliders, but no matter where I place the first one, the trimmer will only recognize the second one and trim the video from the beginning. The...
  3. Mouse shifts to relative vertical position on second vertical display, not to ACTUAL...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse shifts to relative vertical position on second vertical display, not to ACTUAL...: I have two displays, one is 4k plugged into my discrete GPU w/150% scaling through windows, the other is 1440p plugged into my iGPU w/100% scaling on my mb since I don't need graphical performance on this monitor with BOTH being 27 inches. The 4k monitor is my main monitor,...
  4. Mouse shifts to relative vertical position on second vertical display, not to ACTUAL...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse shifts to relative vertical position on second vertical display, not to ACTUAL...: I have two displays, one is 4k plugged into my discrete GPU w/150% scaling through windows, the other is 1440p plugged into my iGPU w/100% scaling on my mb since I don't need graphical performance on this monitor with BOTH being 27 inches. The 4k monitor is my main monitor,...
  5. Screen position/size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen position/size: I am working on replacing an arcade screen with a 43inch flat screen but my issue is after setting the orentiation some of the bottom (left side) will be hidden by the cabinet i need to set the screen position so that the screen is inside my glass frame but I cannot find any...
  6. Screen turns black for a second then returns; other issues related?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen turns black for a second then returns; other issues related?: Hi all, My laptop screen has been turning black for no longer than a second every so often and I'm concerned with the integrity of the laptop. With no stimulus, the screen just turns black with a few streaks of color. I'm not sure why this is occurring. My laptop has been...
  7. screen position

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    screen position: i can not see the up and down arrows because the screen is slightly to the right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-position/b967e0c8-439f-49db-8580-4cc122e3664a
  8. My second screen is recognized as my first screen. What to do?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My second screen is recognized as my first screen. What to do?: HAllo, I have been using a 2 monitor setup for a long time and had no problems with it. However, since I installed a Windows update, my 2nd monitor is recognized as my 1st monitor. This means that when I shut down/start up the PC the corresponding animation is not...
  9. Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.: I have looked pretty much all Day for an answer to my question, but havent been able to find one. So the thing is, I have two monitors and I have had them for a few years. My Main monitor has always been the second monitor for whatever reason but it have never been a problem...
  10. Cursor Not Accurate on Second / Third Display

Cursor Not Accurate on Second / Third Display: I just got a new Laptop from work and our helpdesk can't seem to resolve the issue. I have two external DVI connected monitors to my Dell D6000 USB Dock. I use the laptop display as well in the middle right below the other two monitors. When my pointer is on the laptop...