Windows 10: Accuweather hijacks access from weather.com

Discus and support Accuweather hijacks access from weather.com in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When using Firefox last week I mis-spelled weather.com and it landed me at Accu-weather. I tried to correct for this by typing weather.com again and I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Philr, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Philr Win User

Accuweather hijacks access from weather.com

When using Firefox last week I mis-spelled weather.com and it landed me at Accu-weather. I tried to correct for this by typing weather.com again and I cannot access. I restarted my browser no success. Rebooted my computer, no success. How can I access weather.com and how can I report this terrible behavior of accuweather? Now weather.com is inaccessible. TIA WIN10, latest FF update.

:)

Philr, Nov 21, 2020
  2. misteah Win User

AccuWeather not working after N97 v20 update

I have a similar issue with accuweather... however, i can get the weather in current location... I live in the UK, n my accuweather widget doesn't download any UK city/town but london... it always shows "script error... please goto options and refresh
    data... or no connection available...." this is weird as i am able to get the weather of any city on the world from any country but UK.... n to top it all there are no connection settings option for accuweather... if there is someone who can help or suggest
    something... i have uninstalled/re-installed accuweather umpteen number of times... both on the phone n mass memory but to no use...

misteah, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Accuweather problems on a Nokia Astound

For those people having problems with Accuweather, I suggest to install ForecaWeather. Although it doesn't have a widget, it's by far the best free weather app for Symbian.

ForecaWeather is available for free at Ovi Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/40701

bearshare---01, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Accuweather hijacks access from weather.com

Nokia Weather Accuracy (or lack of)

not exactly sure what service they are using, but I know there is an AccuWeather app in the Nokia Collection in the Marketplace/Store for the Windows Phone platform, so they may be using them. I find some weather apps to be hopelessly off the mark so badly,
    such as AccuWeather....only accurate weather where I live in Australia is WeatherZone. I don't really have any suggestions except to try all the Weather apps that you can find and settle on one that is closest to the temperature that you feel is correct.

adrianhughesNSD, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Accuweather hijacks access from weather.com

1. Accuweather hijacks access from weather.com - Similar Threads - Accuweather hijacks access

2. Windows Persistence: COM Hijacking (MITRE: T1546.015)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Persistence: COM Hijacking (MITRE: T1546.015): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/glum-platimium [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/10yjm0v/windows_persistence_com_hijacking_mitre_t1546015/
  3. Access Denied on USB Com Ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access Denied on USB Com Ports: I am trying to use the Adruino IDE to program an Arduino UNO single board computer. This communicates via the COM port on the USB of my Windows 10 Computer. When connected, the IDE recognizes the board and can see which COM Port it is using. It can even download the UNO...
  4. Accuweather App not Downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accuweather App not Downloading: My Accuweather app on my HP Omen appeared to be broken and wouldn't open. I wanted to try uninstalling and reinstalling it. I uninstalled it, but now I'm in the Microsoft Store trying to reinstall it. I punched the button to install it. But when I look at the download...
  5. Improper Weather reporting from Weather App

Improper Weather reporting from Weather App: To Microsoft, My name is Charles. I have been using Microsoft weather app for at least 2 years now. Since then, I see irregular patterns of reporting the proper weather to the public in my area of Queens County, NY. I believe there are some errors in computer-generated...
  6. Can't figure out where annoying AccuWeather ad is coming from

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't figure out where annoying AccuWeather ad is coming from: At regular intervals, I get a box from Accuweather in the lower right-hand corner of my screen inviting me to click through and view tomorrow's weather. It's annoying. But I can't get rid of it because I can't figure out what it is. It's not a pop up, I don't think, because...
  7. How to rid my PC of ACCUWEATHER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to rid my PC of ACCUWEATHER: iS THERE A VIRUS CLEANER THAT CAN REMOVE accuweather from my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-rid-my-pc-of-accuweather/d03df626-da4c-49d0-9f9a-94178f3fa303
  8. AccuWeather installation on the Network

AccuWeather installation on the Network: What switches do I make on the Control Panel or Settings to get AccuWeather to give me weather info, like temperature,humidity, wind direction and speed etc,...
  9. Hijacked System from Strange Behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hijacked System from Strange Behaviour: Hi, I've been experiencing a serious problem the past few weeks since upgrading to Windows10 (1803); it may have started before upgrading but I only noticed after upgrading. The problem being, the desktop constantly refreshes every 20-30 seconds, including the task bar; no...
  10. Accuweather Live Tile stopped refreshing

Accuweather Live Tile stopped refreshing: As in the title. Anyone else notice this? I wonder if it's connected to the app not being Windows 10 compliant but I may be wrong 13309