Windows 10: ACDSEE2O18 is VERY slow on W10 and a new SSD drive

Discus and support ACDSEE2O18 is VERY slow on W10 and a new SSD drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Recently an Indonesian computer technician upgraded my pc: - He changed my C-drive into a new SSD one for faster performance - He upgraded my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wimyogya, Jan 25, 2019.

1. wimyogya Win User

ACDSEE2O18 is VERY slow on W10 and a new SSD drive

Hello,

Recently an Indonesian computer technician upgraded my pc:
    - He changed my C-drive into a new SSD one for faster performance
    - He upgraded my memory to 16GB - DDR I think...
    - He installed Windows 10 - and temporarily kept W7 active as a tool to find W7 settings that should be 'copied' in W10
    - He upgraded ACDSee from an older version to 2018.

I am still 'migrating' all W7 programs to W10.
    I notice that ACDSee it TERRIBLY slow.

Selecting a tool (e.g. autocorrect light settings) takes around 15-20 seconds before it is active.
    If I need more than 1 tool to edit an image, each tool requires the same 15-20 startup seconds.
    And after I have applied changes to an image it takes 15-20 seconds before the update is saved.

I cannot find anything that explains the problem and do not find a solution.
    Re-installation of the old ACDSee version 10 did not help: that program is slow as well, on my new pc configuration.

Any suggestion?
    Thanks,
    Wim

:)

wimyogya, Jan 25, 2019

2. Installing W10 on a new SSD

Probably been asked a trillion times but I cannot find a straight forward answer.

I am soon to be changing my HDD for an SSD in my 6 month old Lenovo laptop, it came with W10 HOME pre installed with a partition for the drivers on the HDD.

If I put a new SSD in the laptop and then install W10 HOME will it automatically activate or will I have to buy a new licence as there is no key to activate on the underside of the laptop.

PeterWilkinson1964, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Aitch Win User
    clean install W10 on SSD designated drive B

Ha! Thanks for the reply bulldog. I'm actually an old-old timer. Started out on a Sequent? over 30 years ago using SuperCalc for an undergrad business course. I've learned a ton and built many PCs but still feel clueless given the rate of change. I
    just thought that perhaps those anachronistic drive letter assignments had gone by the wayside. Guess not.

I finally figured out the process for me was:

1)disconnect the old boot SSD with W7 from the SATA cable,

2)hook up the new blank SSD to same,

3)then put the W10 install flash drive in the USB port,

4)then go into the BIOS setup to enable boot from USB port

5)finally install W10 from the W10 install flash drive (vaguely called installation media) to new SSD

Now I'll need to figure out dual boot of W10 or W7.

Aitch, Jan 25, 2019
  4. ACDSEE2O18 is VERY slow on W10 and a new SSD drive

W10 upgrade clogging up SSD drive - windows.old folder

Following w10 upgrade, is there a way to move the Windows.old backup directory off the c: drive to another physical drive?

I can easily copy it all to D:\, but cant delete the original on C:\ I keep getting a message saying "TrustedInstaller" permission is required to access the folder. It is filling up the SSD C drive and the laptop is reduced to a crawl, which is the really
    not the point of having an SSD drive.

I updated W10 (April 2018) on a laptop with a 120GB SSD C:\ drive. The installer has left a giant (30GB) folder called Windows.old on the C:\ drive as a backup point, presumably if I wish to revert. But this fills up my 120GB SSD drive to the point that
    I get (laptop) system warnings that the SSD is too full, and I need to leave 25% of it empty or it will degrade and shorten its lifespan, and the whole system has slowed down dramatically.

The general plan was for SSD C:\ drive to hold the OS and various big programs (CAD programs and their libraries) for very fast access, while all my data files live on the (ludicrously large) D:\ drive which is a std HDD. This worked really well until yesterday...

Any ideas?

RobertButler3, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

ACDSEE2O18 is VERY slow on W10 and a new SSD drive

1. ACDSEE2O18 is VERY slow on W10 and a new SSD drive - Similar Threads - ACDSEE2O18 VERY slow

2. Hard drive very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive very slow: I recently got a new HDD. It was a replacement for my old 500GB seagate momentus thin. but the problem is, with the new Toshiba 1TB HDD I got, The speeds are very slow. I use a website that compares pc parts and it says the new HDD is...
  3. New laptop very slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New laptop very slow!: Hi I am Shubhang,I have bought a new laptop a month ago. At starting it worked very smoothly as all new laptops do. But after a week, it begin to work like a slow computer. I have used many junk cleaners and registry cleaners. But they didn't work that much. I have used Iobit...
  4. New PC Is Very Slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC Is Very Slow: I just got a new PC today and it's really slow, like to the point where it takes 2 minutes minimum to do anything and it crashes as well as white screens very often. Since it's new I've only downloaded Spotify and steam and have 800gb free as well as 8gb ram. How can I help...
  5. My W10 works very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My W10 works very slow: I tried all the official suggestions and suggestions in threads that didn't fix it. A restart seems to be my last option. Do I need to have an activation code and do I need installation means? Any help is appreciated....
  6. ACDSEE2O18 is VERY slow on W10 and a new SSD drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACDSEE2O18 is VERY slow on W10 and a new SSD drive: Hello, Recently an Indonesian computer technician upgraded my pc: - He changed my C-drive into a new SSD one for faster performance - He upgraded my memory to 16GB - DDR I think... - He installed Windows 10 - and temporarily kept W7 active as a tool to find W7 settings that...
  7. Windows 10 very slow on new 2TB SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 very slow on new 2TB SSD: I got a new 2TB SSD that I wanted to install W10 on. Attempt 1: I used diskpart to set it to gpt and clean it. During install I did Custom Install and selected the unallocated drive. W10 refused to install on the drive. It would sit in the "Collecting Information"...
  8. Boot time very slow with SSD

Boot time very slow with SSD: I have Windows 10 with the latest updates, my hardware is: i5-6600k running at 4.4GHZ and 1.3v Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 8GB RAM Z170-HD3 RX 480 4GB I'm on windows 10 1703 My boot time has recently been extremely slow (almost 2 minutes) Interestingly Windows boot...
  9. My SSD is booting very slow

My SSD is booting very slow: Hi everyone, I am a new member of the forum. My SSD is booting very slow & I need help solving this. The SSD is about 2 years old & has been upgraded to Win 10 for about a 1 yr, after googling the problem & following up on a suggestion, I downloaded and ran Crystal...
  10. How to "point" W10 install to a new drive (ssd)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to "point" W10 install to a new drive (ssd): My current C: drive, won't refresh because of "unsupported layout for UEFI firmware". Research indicates that I would have to clean off the entire disk (4 partions) in order to make it GPT so the install could proceed. I have a 119GB SSD that I designated a GPT disk, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 very slow

2. new ssd very slow