Windows 10: Acer all-in-1 PC USB ports stopped working so no keyboard or mouse!

Discus and support Acer all-in-1 PC USB ports stopped working so no keyboard or mouse! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the correct place for this to post? My neighbour came to me on Thursday evening (22/8/2019) to say his optical mouse had stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PaulMcI, Aug 24, 2019.

1. PaulMcI Win User

Acer all-in-1 PC USB ports stopped working so no keyboard or mouse!

Not sure if this is the correct place for this to post?

My neighbour came to me on Thursday evening (22/8/2019) to say his optical mouse had stopped working on his Acer all-in-1 PC (I look after his PC and in exchange he cuts my grass!).

Yesterday evening (23/8/2019) I went and looked at his PC. When the PC is booting up the USB keyboard and mouse work fine but as soon as Windows begins they stop working!

Rebooted and went into the Acer Repair screen and uninstalled the Quality Updates. Both keyboard and mouse still didn't work!

Again in the Repair screen I rolled back the PC to the last (and only) restore point of 22/8/2019 13:48. This took some time but both keyboard and mouse still didn't work!

Then I booted the PC in safe mode but but both keyboard and mouse not working! Safe mode reports Build 18362.19h1 - release 190318-1202.

Any suggestions what I can try next or is it a repair install of the PC keeping my neighbour's files?

Thanks

Paul

:)

PaulMcI, Aug 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Aug 24, 2019
  3. LeSphax Win User
    Can't find drivers for mouse and keyboard

Hello !

I run windows 10 on an acer predator laptop and since yesterday my external usb mouse and usb keyboard stopped working.

My keyboard started by having one key being stuck yesterday so I unplugged and plugged it back. But the keyboard didn't work anymore after that.

I then swapped it with the mouse but it didn't help and the mouse stopped working also !

What I found out so far :

• Mouse and keyboard don't work on any USB port on the acer laptop
    • They are detected by the device manager ("Gaming keyboard" and "USB Optical Mouse") but it can't find any drivers for them
    • Mouse and keyboard work when used on another computer
    • My external hard drive still works on any usb port on the acer laptop but using another mouse doesn't work either
    • My touchpad and internal keyboard still work on the acer laptop
    • I tried to reset the PC but it doesn't work "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made"
    • I downloaded the logitech gaming driver for my mouse (MX518) but it can't detect the mouse.

From what I understand Windows is supposed to find drivers for my mouse and keyboard when I plug them in but for some reason it doesn't manage to do it. Unfortunately, I didn't find any actual drivers for my mouse and keyboard except this logitech gaming
    thing that doesn't detect the mouse :/

I am not sure what I can do to fix it, any ideas? I will be happy to provide more information if needed Acer all-in-1 PC USB ports stopped working so no keyboard or mouse! :)

LeSphax, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Acer all-in-1 PC USB ports stopped working so no keyboard or mouse!

Wireless Mouse stops working when external HDD plugged in to USB3 port

I have a minor but annoying problem and can't find a solution....

My wireless mouse stops working when an external USB3 HDD is plugged in to USB3 port. The mouse is about 3 feet away from the receiver.

My mouse is a Logitech M310.

• I don't have the problem if a USB 2 external HDD is connected to either a USB2 or USB3 port.
    • I have moved the mouse receiver to different ports on both the front and back of the computer but this doesn't change anything.
    • If I move the mouse very close to the receiver (a couple of inches), it works so it seems that the wireless range is reduced when the USB3 HDD is plugged in.
    • If I connect a wired mouse, it works fine.
    • I have 2 USB3 ports and the problem is the same on both.
    • If the USB3 HDD is connected to a USB2 port, the mouse works normally.
    • I changed the battery in the mouse but this didn't help.
    • the USB3 HDD is a WD Passport that is self powered through the USB port.

Any suggestions?

dsscottage, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Acer all-in-1 PC USB ports stopped working so no keyboard or mouse!

1. Acer all-in-1 PC USB ports stopped working so no keyboard or mouse! - Similar Threads - Acer USB ports

2. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  3. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  4. Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port: I've been having this problem now where a USB port doesn't work with my wireless keyboard and wired mouse, I can't do anything with computer hardware, so don't tell me to replace it or something, this USB port is on the right of the laptop, and the 'alternative' one I'm using...
  5. USB device - stopped working on port 1, now only works on port 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device - stopped working on port 1, now only works on port 2: Hi, It already happened to me several times - sometimes, a USB device that worked fine on USB1 (just a name of a USB port), stops working on this port, and when I connect this same device to another 'new' USB port, it works. I happened to me with a DisplayLink docking...
  6. *all* USB ports randomly stop working, requiring a PC restart.

*all* USB ports randomly stop working, requiring a PC restart.: As the title says, I haven't been able to find any particular cause, it seems to be completely random. I have an RGB keyboard, a mouse with a light, and a VR headset plugged in. When this random event happens, everything in every USB port no longer works. Switching them...
  7. Windows All USB ports stopped working this afternoon

Windows All USB ports stopped working this afternoon: I'm not sure what happened here but all 3 of my USB ports have stopped working. I didn't do a system update nor did I download or install any new programs. The USB devices do work on other computers just not this one. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 with Windows 10....
  8. my usb ports stopped working all of the sudden

my usb ports stopped working all of the sudden: hello all. i have been using my computer for quite some time now and all of the sudden all of my ports stopped working. i tried to install drivers but nothing helped. i uninstall usb controllers from the device manager few times. re-installed, and checked for hardware...
  9. Wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working on certain USB ports.

Wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working on certain USB ports.: submitted by /u/Darth_Adas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqi8l8/wireless_keyboard_and_mouse_stopped_working_on/
  10. USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now.

USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now.: I had Windows 10 installed for I guess a year working good. The other day it did not see USB flash drive I plug in. It did make a ding sound though the USB sound headphones I have on it. Rebooted and then no USB works. It goes to the log in screen and I can press any key...