Windows 10: Acer Aspire 3 will not boot

Discus and support Acer Aspire 3 will not boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi , My wifes laptop was getting slower and slower , I backed up all her important documents etc and was going to proceed with a factory reset .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Straycatuk=, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Acer Aspire 3 will not boot

Hi , My wifes laptop was getting slower and slower , I backed up all her important documents etc and was going to proceed with a factory reset . everything was fine until laptop froze during installation . I left it for a while but it was still frozen . I did a power reset , laptop restarted but went straight to ' Choose an option ' screen . Now the thing is it doesnt matter which option I try it always ends up with the ' Choose an option ' screen, its as if it is stuck in a loop . there are no restore points to choose from . I tried plugging my external CDROM drive hoping I could rein

:)

Straycatuk=, Jun 1, 2022

2. Vintage: Acer Aspire One 722 {Ram Questions}

Hi Captain.

While I'm not answering your question on a new AV I would suggest as a possible step, upgrading your ram.

Crucial has ram for your device. $40 (not sure about tax or shipping) Your device seems to have one slot so you would need the 4GB stick. As you are using 32bit OS you can only use of 3GB. Crucial says you have one slot for memory and tear down videos seem to confirm this.

Here is the Crucial Link. Confirm for yourself that this is the right device. (Acer Aspire One 722-0022)

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compat...e-one-722-0022

Then here are the step by steps to replace.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+As...lacement/53216

Memory is static sensitive. Not as much of an issue when it is humid but still something to be aware of. If you don't want to buy a ground strap touch something that is grounded before starting the procedure and then don't go looking for things. Stay seated and perform. You should be fine.

External ram ??? Even if you could buy you wouldn't have port with sufficient speed to connect.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 1, 2022
  3. Acer Aspire 3 and tablet mode?

should Acer Aspire 3 work in tablet mode?

KatherineBrown1, Jun 1, 2022
  4. in2media Win User

Acer Aspire 3 will not boot

acer aspire 3 help

so my daughter bought a acer aspire 3 laptop, doesnt get on with 10 so asked if i could put 7 on it
    i have 3 genuine 7 discs but this laptop doesnt have a dvd drive.
    i made a bootable usb with rufus but it wont boot from usb

googled for help and found i need to change from uefi to legacy

in bios it wont let me change to legacy and google search shows acer may have removed the option for some reason

so i found a thread that says create usb in rufus but change to gpt.

still no good, so ive tried creating a usb with my windows 10 dvd
    still wont boot the usb.

ive even tried booting a linus usb with no joy
    at a loss guys

any help appreciated

in2media, Jun 1, 2022
Thema:

Acer Aspire 3 will not boot

1. Acer Aspire 3 will not boot - Similar Threads - Acer Aspire boot

2. Acer aspire 3 red

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer aspire 3 red: the video play is being interrupted by the system, causing the video to pause and resume intermittently. The audio, however, continues to play uninterrupted. Additionally, the mouse also breaks and continues....
  3. Acer aspire 3 red

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer aspire 3 red: the video play is being interrupted by the system, causing the video to pause and resume intermittently. The audio, however, continues to play uninterrupted. Additionally, the mouse also breaks and continues....
  4. Acer aspire 3 red

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Acer Aspire 3 will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Aspire 3 will not boot: Hi , My wifes laptop was getting slower and slower , I backed up all her important documents etc and was going to proceed with a factory reset . everything was fine until laptop froze during installation . I left it for a while but it was still frozen . I did a power reset ,...
  6. Acer Aspire 3 will not boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer Aspire 3 will not boot: Hi , My wifes laptop was getting slower and slower , I backed up all her important documents etc and was going to proceed with a factory reset . everything was fine until laptop froze during installation . I left it for a while but it was still frozen . I did a power reset ,...
  7. Acer Aspire 3 won't boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer Aspire 3 won't boot Windows 10: Hello, not sure I'm posting at the right place, sorry if it is not the case. Since this morning, my Acer Aspire A317-51G can't boot Windows 10, there is the "Preparing automatic repair" message with dots circling for a while then black screen... screen still on but displays...
  8. Acer Aspire 3 won't boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acer Aspire 3 won't boot Windows 10: Hello, not sure I'm posting at the right place, sorry if it is not the case. Since this morning, my Acer Aspire A317-51G can't boot Windows 10, there is the "Preparing automatic repair" message with dots circling for a while then black screen... (screen still on but displays...
  9. Acer aspire 3 is not turning on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Acer aspire 3 is not turning on: My acer laptop is not turning on by power button. It's power button coming with the keyboard. So may be the button is not working. Or is there any other chance? And can I power on laptop without using power button? By some hardwire trick? Please help me. Thank you...
  10. acer aspire 3 help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    acer aspire 3 help: so my daughter bought a acer aspire 3 laptop, doesnt get on with 10 so asked if i could put 7 on it i have 3 genuine 7 discs but this laptop doesnt have a dvd drive. i made a bootable usb with rufus but it wont boot from usb googled for help and found i need to change from...