Windows 10: Acer Aspire 5 Slim Wifi Dropping Every Minute

Discus and support Acer Aspire 5 Slim Wifi Dropping Every Minute in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried forgetting and scanning for the drivers, all of them are up to date according to my device. From time to time, a thing pops up in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AboutThatImprovement, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Acer Aspire 5 Slim Wifi Dropping Every Minute

I've tried forgetting and scanning for the drivers, all of them are up to date according to my device. From time to time, a thing pops up in the network adapters called Microsoft virtual adapter 2 with a yellow triangle with a black exclamation point inside. I cant really do anything about it and dont know if that's what's causing the wifi to drop for my device. I had no wifi problems with my macbook in the past, and the phone I'm using to post this has no wifi problems either.

submitted by /u/AboutThatImprovement
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AboutThatImprovement, Aug 25, 2020
  2. kp91 Win User

Acer Aspire V5 wifi connection drops & proximity issue

I am having a weird problem on Windows 10 with my wireless adapter recently. My wifi connections perform very poorly when my laptop is not in line-of-sight with the router. As soon as there is something between my laptop and the router, like when I move to a different room, the throughput starts dropping significantly to a point where my browser gets stuck and the wifi connection gets dropped and I cannot connect to it again until I am back in the same room as the router.

1. This has started happening since I performed a clean install of Windows 10.
    2. This happens only on 2.4 GHz networks. 5 GHz networks work flawlessly.
    3. I have Ubuntu installed natively as a second OS & I don't see this problem there. So i guess my hardware is not at fault here.
    4. I never had such an issue with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 previously.
    5. wifi signal strength is not an issue.

I have tried:

1. different driver versions.
    2. different wifi networks on different routers in different locations with different levels of interference.
    3. changing every available router setting value.
    4. changing every available adapter settings properties.
    5. Google, Windows 10 Feedback app, Microsoft help.
    6. everything else i could think of.

System Info:

Acer Aspire V5-573PG-9610

Windows 10 Pro with latest updates

Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 wireless adapter

I have been trying to tackle this issue for over a couple of months now. Has anybody encountered such an issue? Can anybody suggest anything that I might have missed?
    Thanks.

Update: A full PC reset also failed to solve the issue

3. Anak Win User
    my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

4. Acer Aspire 5 Slim Wifi Dropping Every Minute

Wifi and Bluetooth not working on Acer Aspire XC-605

I have the same problem. My computer is a Acer Aspire TC-605. And my WiFi vanished after installing the "Windows 10 Fall Creators Update".

• Re-installing the drivers did not help
    • Problemshooters of MS did not help.
    Very nice of MicroSoft to kill computers with a certain WiFi adapter.

So please, find a solution fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeterSwemmelaar, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Acer Aspire 5 Slim Wifi Dropping Every Minute

1. Acer Aspire 5 Slim Wifi Dropping Every Minute - Similar Threads - Acer Aspire Slim

2. Acer Aspire 5 Won't Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer Aspire 5 Won't Restart: Essentially, I've searched around and am hesitant to do the instructions I've seen, in the instructions mentioned, a user had issues with restarting their computer like me, however it happened after an update. My PC on the other hand had just out of the blue wouldn't restart...
  3. Loop 5 acer aspire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loop 5 acer aspire: I have an Acer Aspire 5, and the key 5 is pressed all the time.Is not the keyboard because when I formatted it it stopped for 1 month,Is not a virus because I formatted my pc many timesI disconnected everything from my pcIt seems unfixable *** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. Loop 5 acer aspire

Loop 5 acer aspire: I have an Acer Aspire 5, and the key 5 is pressed all the time.Is not the keyboard because when I formatted it it stopped for 1 month,Is not a virus because I formatted my pc many timesI disconnected everything from my pcIt seems unfixable *** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  5. WiFi keeps dropping every minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi keeps dropping every minute: From the first day I bought my PC I've had connectivity issues, but I managed by just running the troubleshooter. However recently, my wifi connection will drop. When I try to reconnect, it says unable to connect to this network. I then go to settings and run the...
  6. WiFi keeps dropping every minute

WiFi keeps dropping every minute: From the first day I bought my PC I've had connectivity issues, but I managed by just running the troubleshooter. However recently, my wifi connection will drop. When I try to reconnect, it says unable to connect to this network. I then go to settings and run the...
  7. Wifi keeps dropping every few minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi keeps dropping every few minutes: So in short my connection keeps dropping every few minutes. This isn't constant but it tends to happen everyday for a bit. I use a TP-Link wireless N PCI Express adapter for my wireless connection. This issue came up earlier in the year but the fix was updating the adapter's...
  8. Wifi dropping every few minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi dropping every few minutes: Hi, My wifi has been doing this thing where it drops for no reason. It will freeze my computer then disconnect. Every few times it will show no wifi near me at all and I have to reset my computer to reconnect to my wifi. I have troubleshooted countless times, have reset the...
  9. Acer Aspire 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer Aspire 5: Ive recently bought an acer aspire 5 A515 52 laptop. It was advertised as having a backlit keyboard which is one of the main reason I bought this laptop over the others. I cannot figure out how to turn it on, ive looked through settings and tried fn+f9. Does anyone know how...
  10. Wifi disconnects every 5 minutes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnects every 5 minutes.: I am having issues with my computer, I'm on windows 10. My wifi disconnect every 5-ish minutes, when I reconnect the wifi adapter, it works for 5 minutes and disconnects again. Works on all other devices, I tried to update/install network drivers, but I can't figure out how....