Windows 10: acer aspire 5750 keyboard and two external keyboards give wrong upper case characters after...

Discus and support acer aspire 5750 keyboard and two external keyboards give wrong upper case characters after... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi My acer aspire has just been booted up since being in the cupboard for a few weeks. i turned it on and let it do its update thing. then i tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fatcat123F1, Dec 14, 2019.

1. acer aspire 5750 keyboard and two external keyboards give wrong upper case characters after...

Hi My acer aspire has just been booted up since being in the cupboard for a few weeks.

i turned it on and let it do its update thing.

then i tried to go to my emails and i couldnt do the @ part in the email address.

I also cannot do the backslash stoke either( reverse of / ) because it comes out as #

so i cant do any command line prompts like c:# xxx

i found out by testing all the upper case keys that the @ is now the key next to the : key

I plugged in two keyboards and they both are good and they do the same thing as the

lappy keyboard ....so its not the acer keyboard ...

I have done the sfc/ scannow and it says all is good.

Anybody out there got any suggestions (please update man fix it ) Anyone please help

tnx Noel

:)

fatcat123F1, Dec 14, 2019

2. Slow Acer Aspire 5750

Acer Aspire 5750 taking up to three minutes to open folders in Windows Explorer since Windows 10 update please help

Bob Webb Idiot, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Dec 14, 2019
  4. acer aspire 5750 keyboard and two external keyboards give wrong upper case characters after...

Acer aspire 5750 crashed after installing windows 10

Well...most ACER computers work well with Windows 10.HP seems to be the brand with the most number of problems that can be found on the Windows 10 feedback app. My ASPIRE 5750 x64 works well though. However ,I have one main problem, my aspire 5750 can't
    check for updates. Any ideas???

Darren Tan KJ, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

acer aspire 5750 keyboard and two external keyboards give wrong upper case characters after...

1. acer aspire 5750 keyboard and two external keyboards give wrong upper case characters after... - Similar Threads - acer aspire 5750

2. Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire: Looking for some assistance, if possible, after a recent update, problems occurred with the Windows search option on the lower tool bar which basically opened then reverted to a black screen before vanishing. Typing in the search box was possible initially then this also...
  3. Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire: Looking for some assistance, if possible, after a recent update, problems occurred with the Windows search option on the lower tool bar which basically opened then reverted to a black screen before vanishing. Typing in the search box was possible initially then this also...
  4. Keyboard and touchpad malfunction after update Acer Aspire

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. KEYBOARD LAYOUT OF ACER ASPIRE 5

in Windows 10 Customization
    KEYBOARD LAYOUT OF ACER ASPIRE 5: New laptop, Acer Aspire5 keyboard has keys that have more than one character, how do I access the character I want to use...cannot use question mark key because it selects french version of letter E with accent mark....
  6. Comfort Keyboard 5050 giving the wrong characters

Comfort Keyboard 5050 giving the wrong characters: I have a Comfort Keyboard 5050 that's worked well in the UK for the last 6 months, but it has suddenly started giving the wrong characters. If I press the @ key I get ", and vice-versa. Also, the 'pound' key now gives me # and the # key gives me \. I'm assuming I've somehow...
  7. Laptop keyboard gives wrong characters?

Laptop keyboard gives wrong characters?: I have 4 user accounts on my laptop and this error only occurs with one, with the others everything is normal. Anyway: The keyboard always gives me wrong characters. I click on the "u" and a "4" appears. And this is the case with several characters. Cleaning the keyboard...
  8. keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard typing wrong characters: My keyboard enters " when I type @ I choose UK English for the keyboard, and now can't find a way to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-wrong-characters/420ea5db-768d-4f4e-aef2-a2e992376ba2
  9. Keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing wrong characters: Win 10- up to date -Asus desktop-recently began typing the wrong letters when I am trying to find a file in my documents, pictures etc..this has been asked before but the reply from 2016 doesn't apply to my Settings topics..why is this suddenly happening ? This is the only...
  10. Wrong characters with keyboard

Wrong characters with keyboard: Hi My keyboard now displays @ when I press shift/double quotes and the opposite when I press shift/at sign. Where do I go to check what keyboard options have been set up during the upgrade. Thanks Daniel 10427