Windows 10: acer Aspire E5-511 laptop hdmi stopped working after windows update.

Discus and support acer Aspire E5-511 laptop hdmi stopped working after windows update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need help with same problem that hasn;t been resolved for me yet. I coppied and pasted the following ... I tried updating the drivers for Intel,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phyflem, Mar 27, 2020.

1. phyflem Win User

acer Aspire E5-511 laptop hdmi stopped working after windows update.

I need help with same problem that hasn;t been resolved for me yet. I coppied and pasted the following ...

I tried updating the drivers for Intel, but windows informed me that I already have the best.

I also tried updating the Realtek drivers, just in case there was a conflict, but I already have the best there too.

I then disabled both devices, and ran troubleshooter. I was informed that IntelR was disabled, and allowed it to be reenabled.

No plaback device appeared.

I ran troubleshooter again, an was informed that the Realtek device was disabled, and allowed it to be reenabled, A Realtek playback device appeared.

This was carried out with the HDMI cable plugged in, with a TV on the other end waiting for a signal.

I cannot think of anything else to try. :-

Update

I thought of something else to try....

I rolled back the drivers, without much hope, thinking that there would probably not be a driver to roll back to, but there was.

Having done that, I checked playback devices, and there was an additional device there!

22W_LCD_TV

IntelR Display Audio

Ready

Under Devices, Monitors, there were now two Generic PnP Monitors,

Although detected by Windows 10, neither sound nor video would issue from the TV, it still believed there was nothing connected, Even though I could play music through the display audio device, and watch the volume display dancing.

This was not a big surprise, because I was not using the correct drivers. Maybe there were significant changes for Windows 10. I updated the drivers back to the latest version, and found the display audio device and the new PnP monitor were still showing, but unfortunately, still not working.

I restarted the computer and back to square 1. Display audio device vanished. Extra PnP Monitor vanished.

I hope that the above can aid someone in diagnosing the issue.

Thanks in advance.

:)

phyflem, Mar 27, 2020
  2. karluuu Win User

Acer E5-511 touchpad no longer working since windows 10 update.

Maybe 8 months ago i updated my Acer E5-511-C1WE laptop from windows 8 - Windows 10. It defeated me but now im back!

After the update everything was working fine bar the touch pad, When i start up the laptop and windows loads the touch pad will work for maybe a second then stop. Just freezes. The same happens when i go to settings and turn the touch pad off and on again. I have been using a usb mouse in the meantime.

I have tried updating this driver:

Download Acer Aspire E5-511 Synaptics Touchpad Driver 18.1.2.1 for Windows 8.1 64 bit

But it still doesnt do anything.

Its just the touchpad, everything works fine. The only thing ive changed in the hardware was the RAM but that was almost a year b4 the update and doubt it has to do with anything.

I dont know much about this stuff, so if ive left out somthing important please let me know.

karluuu, Mar 27, 2020
  3. drunus Win User
    driver for track pad (touch pad) of ACER - ASPIRE E 15 (E5-511-P7UX)

I upgraded windows 7 to ten several times on my Acer Laptop ASPIRE E 15 (E5-511-P7UX

unfortunately, the touch pad is not working after the upgrade.

• I downloaded new version of the drivers from ACER site - but didn't work
    • Had a chat with Microsoft customer executive.according to his instruction, I downloaded the drivers from Microsoft site and installed. not working.
    • Again contacted Microsoft customer executive, according to his instruction, installed the drivers, restarted, uninstalled, restarted, again installed... and so on.... still not working
    • so now I rolled back to windows 7
    • the same problem were there when installing windows 8.1 & 8

Is there any solution to this???????

drunus, Mar 27, 2020
  4. auggy Win User

Acer Aspire ES1-511

As before there is much missing from the HD Audio Manager.

The driver appears to not be installing properly.

There have been other users with the same laptop reporting audio issues such as

here
    and here.

Interesting that in the second link the user had the headphones working but not the speakers.

What I might suggest at this point is to try installing the Windows 8.1 driver available from Acer for the laptop but run the installation in Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 and see if that works.

You could also check out the following topic with suggestions to get headphones working in Windows 10 and see if anything helps:

Headphones not working in Windows 10

auggy, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. acer Aspire E5-511 laptop hdmi stopped working after windows update. - Similar Threads - acer Aspire 511

2. My Acer Aspire E5 is refusing to let me reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Acer Aspire E5 is refusing to let me reset.: My acer has been having many problems. The first problem is that it's stuck on the 'Preparing Automatic Repair' Windows 10 v3 loop. At first I couldn't f10 or f8 but I was able to use f10 to go into advanced settings.I tried to completely reset my computer through advanced...
  3. Windows 11 on Acer Aspire E5-576G

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on Acer Aspire E5-576G: how to install Windows 11 on Acer Aspire E5-576G https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-on-acer-aspire-e5-576g/862d096b-eaa2-4ac9-ac61-e514ef9224e6
  4. Windows 11 on Acer Aspire E5-576G

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on Acer Aspire E5-576G: how to install Windows 11 on Acer Aspire E5-576G https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-on-acer-aspire-e5-576g/862d096b-eaa2-4ac9-ac61-e514ef9224e6
  5. Battery Not Detected Acer Aspire E5-411

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Not Detected Acer Aspire E5-411: Please help out my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-detected-acer-aspire-e5-411/49be5624-f8e4-4c05-9446-fafc1c886cd0
  6. Acer aspire e5 laptop ghost clicking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire e5 laptop ghost clicking: I have bought a acer laptop when it came from repair it started ghost clicking like a autoclicker I don't have any autoclicker running luckily I have a second pc...
  7. How to get activation key for acer aspire E5- 576

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get activation key for acer aspire E5- 576: I got an acer laptop from India, pre installed windows 10 home, the sale guy did not give me the windows activation key, now he stopped responding to me, "SRI COMPURETERS' , Pondicherry India, the show room is called- ACER PONDICHERRY- BUSSY STREET, PONDICHERRY, INDIA Now...
  8. HDMI Port On Acer A515 Always Stops Working After Windows Update

HDMI Port On Acer A515 Always Stops Working After Windows Update: Hello All, I have been having this issue for at least 4 Windows 10 updates. The problem shows up after a Windows Update is performed: my HDMI port stops working, meaning no signal detected on my monitor. I was able to resolve it before but I can't do it this time....
  9. Acer E5-511 touchpad no longer working since windows 10 update.

Acer E5-511 touchpad no longer working since windows 10 update.: Maybe 8 months ago i updated my Acer E5-511-C1WE laptop from windows 8 - Windows 10. It defeated me but now im back! After the update everything was working fine bar the touch pad, When i start up the laptop and windows loads the touch pad will work for maybe a second then...
  10. [ACER E5-511-C8A8] Win 8.1 to Win 10 failed upgrade in SECOND_BOOT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [ACER E5-511-C8A8] Win 8.1 to Win 10 failed upgrade in SECOND_BOOT: Good morning! This is my first post, so I'd like to say hi first *Smile. I am on a mission to upgrade my partner's Acer E5-511 from Win 8.1 to Win 10. I have tried to do it approx. 4 times now. I am very close to giving up, but I know there are people out the, who...