Windows 10: Acer Aspire E5-571P Flawed touchscreen - cannot disable

Discus and support Acer Aspire E5-571P Flawed touchscreen - cannot disable in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Running Windows 10, the touchscreen began malfunctioning, showing ghosting bubbles at the top right corner, effectively blocking all input and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AppaVi4, Jan 20, 2022.

1. AppaVi4 Win User

Acer Aspire E5-571P Flawed touchscreen - cannot disable

Running Windows 10, the touchscreen began malfunctioning, showing ghosting bubbles at the top right corner, effectively blocking all input and rendering the laptop useless.I am able to, with a lot of patience and repeated effort, sneak into the device manager, and uninstall/disable the HID-touchscreen device. This fixes the problem, but only temporarily. In several minutes, the problem is back. There is no difference in behavior whether I disable or uninstall.I also followed this advice below from a related question about "turn off automatic driver installation" elsewhere, but it has not helpe

:)

AppaVi4, Jan 20, 2022

2. Acer Aspire V5-571P touchscreen not working with Windows 10

My Acer Aspire V5-571P touchscreen (not touch pad) used to work perfectly with Windows 7, but after upgrading to Windows 10 it only works at the Windows 10 login screen. Someone suggested that loading a Windows 8.1 driver for the touchscreen may work, but
    I've searched the Acer drivers website and there are no drivers for the touchscreen. I also noticed since my Windows 10 upgrade that the SD card slot stopped working and the HDMI socket didn't work correctly either, but after a recent Microsoft Windows 10
    scheduled update both of these now work ok!

Device Manager shows an entry 'HID-compliant touchscreen' by Microsoft; Driver Date 21/06/2006; Driver Version 10.0.14393.351; stated as 'This device is working normally', but obviously this is not working in Windows 10 after my user name and password is
    entered on the login screen.

Is there a specific driver which is only compatible with Windows 10 which will make my touchscreen work again?

TenFour2015, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Microphone isn’t working with Acer Aspire

I have a problem with an old laptop Acer Aspire E5-571P running Windows 10. When I plug my headset into this laptop, headphones work without problems but the microphone records only static sounds. I’ve checked the headset on the other device, it
    works fine. I’ve also checked the driver - it is up-to-date.

MandyWhite2, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Acer Aspire E5-571P Flawed touchscreen - cannot disable

Factory reset Acer Aspire v5-571P-6499

For starters I have a 2013 Acer Aspire v5-571P-6499

I've been looking to do a factory reset, however I have updated to windows 10 and can't find the disc that came with the laptop

I was wondering what would happen if I tried the restart without the disc or if it is even a good idea. I am missing a lot of default files and am worried about whether or not this will cause a problem.

tl;dr

No disc, Is it safe to recover?

Original Title: Reseting PC

ColeLabounty, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Acer Aspire E5-571P Flawed touchscreen - cannot disable

1. Acer Aspire E5-571P Flawed touchscreen - cannot disable - Similar Threads - Acer Aspire 571P

2. My Acer Aspire E5 is refusing to let me reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Acer Aspire E5 is refusing to let me reset.: My acer has been having many problems. The first problem is that it's stuck on the 'Preparing Automatic Repair' Windows 10 v3 loop. At first I couldn't f10 or f8 but I was able to use f10 to go into advanced settings.I tried to completely reset my computer through advanced...
  3. Windows 11 on Acer Aspire E5-576G

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on Acer Aspire E5-576G: how to install Windows 11 on Acer Aspire E5-576G https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-on-acer-aspire-e5-576g/862d096b-eaa2-4ac9-ac61-e514ef9224e6
  4. Windows 11 on Acer Aspire E5-576G

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on Acer Aspire E5-576G: how to install Windows 11 on Acer Aspire E5-576G https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-on-acer-aspire-e5-576g/862d096b-eaa2-4ac9-ac61-e514ef9224e6
  5. Acer Aspire E5-571P Flawed touchscreen - cannot disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Aspire E5-571P Flawed touchscreen - cannot disable: Running Windows 10, the touchscreen began malfunctioning, showing ghosting bubbles at the top right corner, effectively blocking all input and rendering the laptop useless.I am able to, with a lot of patience and repeated effort, sneak into the device manager, and...
  6. Acer Aspire E5-571P Flawed touchscreen - cannot disable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer Aspire E5-571P Flawed touchscreen - cannot disable: Running Windows 10, the touchscreen began malfunctioning, showing ghosting bubbles at the top right corner, effectively blocking all input and rendering the laptop useless.I am able to, with a lot of patience and repeated effort, sneak into the device manager, and...
  7. Battery Not Detected Acer Aspire E5-411

Battery Not Detected Acer Aspire E5-411: Please help out my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-detected-acer-aspire-e5-411/49be5624-f8e4-4c05-9446-fafc1c886cd0
  8. Acer aspire e5 laptop ghost clicking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire e5 laptop ghost clicking: I have bought a acer laptop when it came from repair it started ghost clicking like a autoclicker I don't have any autoclicker running luckily I have a second pc...
  9. How to get activation key for acer aspire E5- 576

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get activation key for acer aspire E5- 576: I got an acer laptop from India, pre installed windows 10 home, the sale guy did not give me the windows activation key, now he stopped responding to me, "SRI COMPURETERS' , Pondicherry India, the show room is called- ACER PONDICHERRY- BUSSY STREET, PONDICHERRY, INDIA Now...
  10. Sound Card Cannot be found on ACER aspire E5-511P

Sound Card Cannot be found on ACER aspire E5-511P: Well, I've got a problem with my second laptop, acer aspire e15-551P. After I upgraded my windows to 10, voice totally disappeared also sound card cannot be found. Already downloaded and installed all available drivers from acer site. Still doesnt work, any idea how to fix...