Windows 10: acer aspire one d 150 netbook upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support acer aspire one d 150 netbook upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; acer aspire one d 150 netbook 2 gig ram 120 gig hd Processor / Chipset CPU Intel Atom N270 / 1.6 GHz Cache L2 - 512 KB Data Bus Speed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by goldy, Oct 21, 2015.

1. goldy Win User

acer aspire one d 150 netbook upgrade to windows 10

acer aspire one d 150 netbook
    2 gig ram 120 gig hd
    Processor / Chipset

• CPU
      Intel Atom N270 / 1.6 GHz
    • Cache
      L2 - 512 KB
    • Data Bus Speed
      533 MHz
    • Chipset Type
      Mobile Intel 945GSE Express
      Graphics Processor Intel GMA 950
      10.1 inch monitor

upgraded it from original xp to windows 7 home 32 bit then to windows 10.
      went to w10 without a hitch though I lost my Vice program (commodore 64/128 emulator)
      I expected hardware issues but every thing looks good. It is actually slightly faster and more responsive
      then the upgrade my other acer 722 which has 64 bit pro and 8 gigs memory.
      I was planning to put mint Linux on this little one but decided to see if it upgrade to w10 .
      well it surprised me.

:)

goldy, Oct 21, 2015

2. Windows 7 Starter

I have a Acer Aspire One Netbook that has windows 7 starter o, how do I upgrade to windows 10 as I do not have the upgrade icon?

AnnetteHill16, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 error WindowsUpdate_80240016

Dear Microsoft,

Now my laptop Acer V3-471G was successfully upgraded to windows 10 thank you so much.

But my netbook Acer Aspire One - AOD255E is not yet upgraded. Still we are waiting for the notification to start the upgrade. I tried to restart it many times but still no way to start the upgrade.

Hoping for your prompt action again on this issue.

razel marquez bigayan, Oct 21, 2015
  4. strollin Win User

I upgraded my older Acer Aspire One AO150 to Win 10 about a month ago. It has the same Atom cpu as yours but only 1.5GB of RAM. The upgrade went fine aside from the fact that it took 2 hours to do it. This netbook originally came with XP but I had upgraded it to Win 7 Pro 32 quite a few years ago.

I also upgraded an Asus eeePC 1001PXD netbook that has an Atom N455 1.66ghz cpu and 2GB of RAM. This netbook had Win 7 Starter on it. The upgrade went pretty well but there is a small program that controls the Function keys so you can raise/lower the volume and brightness and other functions that doesn't work. I actually rarely use the function keys that way so don't miss it at all.

Both of these netbooks seem to work well with Win 10 for lightweight tasks such as email, web surfing, document processing, etc...

strollin, Oct 21, 2015
Thema:

1. acer aspire one d 150 netbook upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - acer aspire 150

2. Acer aspire

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire: hey so I was using my laptop the other day and I got a notification saying to restart so it could do a drive repair, I turned off my laptop and restarted the next day and now it is stuck in a blue error screen, the error that pops up is "critical process died", when I try to...
  3. Upgrading an ACER Aspire 5720 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading an ACER Aspire 5720 to Windows 10: This is possibly not a Windows 10 question but I hope you can help. I am trying to setup live streaming for the local church during this period of lock down due to Covid. I have a trial system working from home using my laptop or PC so no problem with that aspect. I have been...
  4. Is it possible to install Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire one(2008)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to install Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire one(2008)?: Is it possible to download windows 10 on a 12 year old Acer Aspire one it basically works perfectly only because now there is the possibility to download apps I just wanted to know Ist es möglich Windows 10 auf einen Acer Aspire one(2008)zu installieren?
  5. Acer Aspire S7 191 - Trying to upgrade to Windows 10

Acer Aspire S7 191 - Trying to upgrade to Windows 10: Hi Guys, I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8 on an Acer Aspire S7 191 ultrabook however am running into issues with the install freezing at various stages 2%, 16%, 13% no matter how I try to install windows 10 via USB or from the Windows 8 os Have tried all...
  6. acer aspire one 722

acer aspire one 722: Acer Aspire One 722 amd dual-coreprocessor c60 8gigs ram crucial ssd 240 gig MBR Windows 10 pro 1809 bios update to newest version InsydeH20 setup utility Apparently this computer doesn't like gpt disks. Tried to convert disk to gpt using microsoft's mbr2gpt program and it...
  7. Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14: My son has an Acer aspire one cloud book 14 and he wanted to factory reset it but it says that it encounters a problem he keeps getting the blank screen and the Acer logo over and over again please help. And the alt. and f10 doesn't work either please help...
  8. Upgrading a netbook

Upgrading a netbook: Currently performing an upgrade on a msi wind u100 running Windows 7. I have a USB key and started the upgrade process. It asked to check for updates and I accepted. Now it's been checking for updates for two hours. Should I just cancel and restart the process? 30848
  9. acer aspire 4736z windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    acer aspire 4736z windows 10: Can anyone help me how to install Intel media accelerator on my Acer laptop when I'm trying to install the driver it give an error that my computer does not meet the minimum requirement to install software.. I'm running windows 10 32 bit chipset type: mobile Intel r 4 series...
  10. Acer one netbook from Win 8 to ten

Acer one netbook from Win 8 to ten: Im trying to help out an elderly friend and update his netbook from windows 8 to windows 10 however his netbook will not activate even though it is a factory install. I recently ran acer recovery manager and wiped everything back to new and it still will not activate. When I...