Windows 10: Acer Aspire running Windows 10 freezes while charging

Discus and support Acer Aspire running Windows 10 freezes while charging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, I decided to run a Fresh Start on my laptop. It was running poorly and I needed to clean up all the trash in my SSD so I did just that. Upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheDrewster119, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Acer Aspire running Windows 10 freezes while charging

Recently, I decided to run a Fresh Start on my laptop. It was running poorly and I needed to clean up all the trash in my SSD so I did just that. Upon regaining control over my PC again, I ran into an issue. My laptop has taken a liking to freezing when I leave it idle for around ten minutes or so. I can't confirm that this problem is limited to the duration of time in which it's charging, but I've tried multiple remedies found around this site to no avail.

I'm hoping someone can assist! Thank you in advance!

:)

TheDrewster119, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Acer Aspire 5560 not upgrading to windows 10

That Error Code seems to be most frequently associated with/pointing to incompatible Drivers. The Acer Aspire 5560 Model is only listed on the Acer Site under 'Legacy Hardware' as far as I can tell, which suggests they may not be too interested in providing
    further firmware/driver updates, but you could try asking on their Forums. According to this site ( http://www.notebook-driver.com/acer/acer-aspire-5560-5560g-windows-driver-utility/ ) the last updates were released in 2012!

Erdeslawe, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Windows 10 freezing on Acer Aspire V5-122P

I have an Acer Aspire V5-122P-0679 laptop that has served me well for a few years. When Windows 10 first came out and updated and everything ran great. With update 1607, the system started freezing and became unusable. It has all the latest updates (KB3197954).
    I went back to the previous build (I believe 1511) and sure enough, windows 10 updated itself to back to 1607 (KB3197954). I believe I saw the freeze issue with 1511. When I booted in safe-mode, the system ran well and I saw no freezing. I backed up my
    data and then did a restore (once saving the data and then the second time with disk cleansing install).

With the clean install, I see the freezing happening even before major configuration, application installation or data restore.

With a fresh reboot... Looking in Task Manager, no application started and sitting for some time, the CPU is running consistently at +35% with the System process running at +31.5%. This appears to be consistent after multiple reboots and over long periods
    of time.

All data/OS is stored on a single C:\ drive.

Common situations when I see the freezing include but are not limited to:

• working with Settings
    • loading task manager
    • displaying windows notifications pop ups (systems recovers when these windows go away)
    My son has a Acer Aspire V5-122P as well that is seeing the same issue.

Most of the post I read talk about this being resolved in some of the recent minor updates. That doesn't seem to be the case for me/us. I would hate to regress back to Windows 7. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

DeanHBaker, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Acer Aspire running Windows 10 freezes while charging

Windows 10 freezing on Acer Aspire V5-122P

The problem is the new AMD graphics driver, which gets installed automatically by Windows Update.

It is not compatible with Windows 10 on this laptop; it makes the computer utterly unusable.

But there is a solution:

(1) Tell Windows to stop installing hardware drivers along with updates.

Control Panel ---> System and Security ---> System ---> Advanced System Settings ---> Hardware ---> Device Installation Settings

"Do you want to automatically download manufacturers' apps and custom icons available for your devices?"

Select "No" and then click "Save Changes".

DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP, or Windows will re-install the rogue graphics driver after every reboot.

(2) Uninstall the current graphics driver.

Device Manager ---> Display adapters ---> AMD Radeon HD 8250 ---> Properties ---> Driver ---> Uninstall

(3) Install AMD graphics driver 15.200.1060.0 (17 Aug 2015)

Here is a direct link:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_AMD_15.200.1060.0_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=635753732668194923&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE
    E5-521&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

For a complete explanation, I suggest that you carefully read Graham Anderson's Nov 2016 post here.

LutherGaylord, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Acer Aspire running Windows 10 freezes while charging

1. Acer Aspire running Windows 10 freezes while charging - Similar Threads - Acer Aspire running

2. Laptop Acer Aspire E14 freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Acer Aspire E14 freezes: Good Morning,I changed the hard drive of an Acer Aspire E14 with a 240GB SSD. The laptop had windows 8.1 but with this SSD I did a clean install of Windows 10. I installed successfully and the pc works, but when I try to connect to wifi/lan it freezes. I tried to update the...
  3. Laptop Acer Aspire E14 freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Acer Aspire E14 freezes: Good Morning,I changed the hard drive of an Acer Aspire E14 with a 240GB SSD. The laptop had windows 8.1 but with this SSD I did a clean install of Windows 10. I installed successfully and the pc works, but when I try to connect to wifi/lan it freezes. I tried to update the...
  4. Laptop Acer Aspire E14 freezes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Acer aspire

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire: hey so I was using my laptop the other day and I got a notification saying to restart so it could do a drive repair, I turned off my laptop and restarted the next day and now it is stuck in a blue error screen, the error that pops up is "critical process died", when I try to...
  6. Acer aspire sw5-014_014,not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Acer aspire sw5-014_014,not charging: My acer aspire sw5-014 the charger has stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-aspire-sw5-014014not-charging/e8e9d5e6-9d86-4566-9b8b-3d65b1996c7f
  7. Will Windows 10 be able to run on an Acer Aspire v5-571pg?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will Windows 10 be able to run on an Acer Aspire v5-571pg?: hi not to long ago i found an Acer Aspire v5-571pg, it has really good specs and i want to turn it into a computer i could use for digital art or work. I put in a new hard drive and now i want to put in an operating system via USB. I tryed to look up if this computer was...
  8. Acer aspire e15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer aspire e15: Why does my computer shut down my display when I plug in my battery charger. This has only happened since the latest Windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/acer-aspire-e15/9ebf7904-9876-4dfe-b7e9-524aa57e3f9d
  9. acer aspire 4736z windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    acer aspire 4736z windows 10: Can anyone help me how to install Intel media accelerator on my Acer laptop when I'm trying to install the driver it give an error that my computer does not meet the minimum requirement to install software.. I'm running windows 10 32 bit chipset type: mobile Intel r 4 series...
  10. Acer Aspire V keeps freezing - help please!

in Windows 10 Support
    Acer Aspire V keeps freezing - help please!: I am a newbie relatively speaking. My laptop is superb but...........as I go thru the day using it the screen I am on (any screen) suddenly freezes and the only way I can get it back to were I was working is to press Ctrl-Alt-Del (sometimes two or three times and then click...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer laptop freezes while charging

2. acer switch 3 freezing when plugged in

3. acer windows 10 freezes

4. acer aspire 3 freezing when charging,
  5. acer aspire crash while charging,
  6. acer aspire freezing when on charge,
  7. acer switch freezing when on charge