Windows 10: Acer Aspire TC-1660 will not accept new SSD

Discus and support Acer Aspire TC-1660 will not accept new SSD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have tried to install a new SSD to replace the somewhat slower mechanical hard drive, I have tried a number of ways such as disc imaging and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Russell Swift, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Acer Aspire TC-1660 will not accept new SSD

I have tried to install a new SSD to replace the somewhat slower mechanical hard drive, I have tried a number of ways such as disc imaging and downloading the software from Microsoft but I always get a message to say no drivers and I need to install them, I don't know which ones they are or where from, I imagine this is ACER???

:)

Russell Swift, Sep 29, 2022

2. How do you know if yourPC has a microphone for virtual meetings? I have windows 10 on an Acer Aspire TC-780

I have windows 10 on an Acer Aspire TC-780.. Does it have a microphone?

JohnSherry2, Sep 29, 2022
  3. Paul Goguta, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Acer Aspire TC-1660 will not accept new SSD

Vintage: Acer Aspire One 722 {Ram Questions}

Hi Captain.

While I'm not answering your question on a new AV I would suggest as a possible step, upgrading your ram.

Crucial has ram for your device. $40 (not sure about tax or shipping) Your device seems to have one slot so you would need the 4GB stick. As you are using 32bit OS you can only use of 3GB. Crucial says you have one slot for memory and tear down videos seem to confirm this.

Here is the Crucial Link. Confirm for yourself that this is the right device. (Acer Aspire One 722-0022)

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compat...e-one-722-0022

Then here are the step by steps to replace.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+As...lacement/53216

Memory is static sensitive. Not as much of an issue when it is humid but still something to be aware of. If you don't want to buy a ground strap touch something that is grounded before starting the procedure and then don't go looking for things. Stay seated and perform. You should be fine.

External ram ??? Even if you could buy you wouldn't have port with sufficient speed to connect.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Acer Aspire TC-1660 will not accept new SSD

1. Acer Aspire TC-1660 will not accept new SSD - Similar Threads - Acer Aspire 1660

2. Why dosent Roblox Work on Acer Aspire TC-120?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why dosent Roblox Work on Acer Aspire TC-120?: Hi, I get a Blue Screen after opening a game on Roblox. Because this didnt affect my pc back in summer. I have been trying to update Windows 8.1 but didnt work, i tried to update Roblox but still, no change. It only last around 5 Min before it shows the Blue Screen. Please if...
  3. Why dosent Roblox Work on Acer Aspire TC-120?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why dosent Roblox Work on Acer Aspire TC-120?: Hi, I get a Blue Screen after opening a game on Roblox. Because this didnt affect my pc back in summer. I have been trying to update Windows 8.1 but didnt work, i tried to update Roblox but still, no change. It only last around 5 Min before it shows the Blue Screen. Please if...
  4. Acer Aspire TC-885 won't boot after enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Acer Aspire TC-885 won't boot after enabling secure boot: I was interested in enabling secure boot for windows 11, so i did. I shut down the pc, entered bios setup, and switched secure boot from off to on. That was it.Now the pc does not boot to windows regardless of bios settings, and i have tried:- Disabling secure boot- Changing...
  5. Acer Aspire TC-885 won't boot after enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Aspire TC-885 won't boot after enabling secure boot: I was interested in enabling secure boot for windows 11, so i did. I shut down the pc, entered bios setup, and switched secure boot from off to on. That was it.Now the pc does not boot to windows regardless of bios settings, and i have tried:- Disabling secure boot- Changing...
  6. Acer Aspire TC-885 won't boot after enabling secure boot

7. Acer Aspire TC-1660 will not accept new SSD

Acer Aspire TC-1660 will not accept new SSD: I have tried to install a new SSD to replace the somewhat slower mechanical hard drive, I have tried a number of ways such as disc imaging and downloading the software from Microsoft but I always get a message to say no drivers and I need to install them, I don't know which...
  8. Acer aspire

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire: hey so I was using my laptop the other day and I got a notification saying to restart so it could do a drive repair, I turned off my laptop and restarted the next day and now it is stuck in a blue error screen, the error that pops up is "critical process died", when I try to...
  9. Will Acer Travelmate accept an SSD in the HDD slot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will Acer Travelmate accept an SSD in the HDD slot?: System will not boot after cloning HDD to SSD Will Acer Travelmate accept an SSD in the HDD slot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-acer-travelmate-accept-an-ssd-in-the-hdd-slot/ce1a03b0-cd7d-432b-97b8-50cd1d671869
  10. Acer aspire e15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer aspire e15: Why does my computer shut down my display when I plug in my battery charger. This has only happened since the latest Windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/acer-aspire-e15/9ebf7904-9876-4dfe-b7e9-524aa57e3f9d