Windows 10: Acer Aspire TC-885 won't boot after enabling secure boot

Discus and support Acer Aspire TC-885 won't boot after enabling secure boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was interested in enabling secure boot for windows 11, so i did. I shut down the pc, entered bios setup, and switched secure boot from off to on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Alessandro Noli, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Acer Aspire TC-885 won't boot after enabling secure boot

I was interested in enabling secure boot for windows 11, so i did. I shut down the pc, entered bios setup, and switched secure boot from off to on. That was it.Now the pc does not boot to windows regardless of bios settings, and i have tried:- Disabling secure boot- Changing boot order- Loading Default Settings- Changing Secure boot settingsNothing has worked. What happened and how do i fix this?

:)

Alessandro Noli, Jun 2, 2023
  2. Mike_Keys Win User
    Mike_Keys, Jun 2, 2023
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jun 2, 2023
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Acer Aspire TC-885 won't boot after enabling secure boot

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jun 2, 2023
Thema:

Acer Aspire TC-885 won't boot after enabling secure boot

1. Acer Aspire TC-885 won't boot after enabling secure boot - Similar Threads - Acer Aspire 885

2. Secure boot won't enable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot won't enable: When I go into BIOS settings it says in the information tab that secure boot is disabled, but when I go to the security tab, is says that secure boot is enabled. There is a game I want to play that requires secure boot to be enabled. But every time I go to BIOS to enable it,...
  3. Secure boot won't enable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure boot won't enable: When I go into BIOS settings it says in the information tab that secure boot is disabled, but when I go to the security tab, is says that secure boot is enabled. There is a game I want to play that requires secure boot to be enabled. But every time I go to BIOS to enable it,...
  4. Acer Aspire TC-885 won't boot after enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Aspire TC-885 won't boot after enabling secure boot: I was interested in enabling secure boot for windows 11, so i did. I shut down the pc, entered bios setup, and switched secure boot from off to on. That was it.Now the pc does not boot to windows regardless of bios settings, and i have tried:- Disabling secure boot- Changing...
  5. Acer Aspire TC-885 won't boot after enabling secure boot

Acer Aspire TC-885 won't boot after enabling secure boot: I was interested in enabling secure boot for windows 11, so i did. I shut down the pc, entered bios setup, and switched secure boot from off to on. That was it.Now the pc does not boot to windows regardless of bios settings, and i have tried:- Disabling secure boot- Changing...
  6. Acer Aspire 3 will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Aspire 3 will not boot: Hi , My wifes laptop was getting slower and slower , I backed up all her important documents etc and was going to proceed with a factory reset . everything was fine until laptop froze during installation . I left it for a while but it was still frozen . I did a power reset ,...
  7. Acer Aspire 3 will not boot

Acer Aspire 3 will not boot: Hi , My wifes laptop was getting slower and slower , I backed up all her important documents etc and was going to proceed with a factory reset . everything was fine until laptop froze during installation . I left it for a while but it was still frozen . I did a power reset ,...
  8. Acer Aspire 3 will not boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Acer Aspire 3 won't boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer Aspire 3 won't boot Windows 10: Hello, not sure I'm posting at the right place, sorry if it is not the case. Since this morning, my Acer Aspire A317-51G can't boot Windows 10, there is the "Preparing automatic repair" message with dots circling for a while then black screen... screen still on but displays...
  10. Acer Aspire 3 won't boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acer Aspire 3 won't boot Windows 10: Hello, not sure I'm posting at the right place, sorry if it is not the case. Since this morning, my Acer Aspire A317-51G can't boot Windows 10, there is the "Preparing automatic repair" message with dots circling for a while then black screen... (screen still on but displays...