Windows 10: Acer Aspire V5-122P - Really slow, suggestions please

Discus and support Acer Aspire V5-122P - Really slow, suggestions please in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have the following laptop from many years and it was running windows 8, however it was really really slow and I have just installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by V444nko, Dec 17, 2019.

1. V444nko Win User

Acer Aspire V5-122P - Really slow, suggestions please

Hi everyone,

I have the following laptop from many years and it was running windows 8, however it was really really slow and I have just installed windows 10 with the hope that reinstalling the windows would make it work quicker, however it is still really really slow, I would say it is not really usable as it is so laggy even moving the mouse mouse.

It looks like it is just not powerful enough? I wanted to ask which windows would u recommend me to install on it so that it will work quicker ?

I have opened the task manager from curiosity and it was showing 99% for the CPU is being used, so probably it is because the CPU is really weak.

Any suggestions?

Acer Aspire V5-122P

CPU: AMD Dual Core A4-1250 (1.0 gHz)

Ram: 4GB DDR3

HDD:500GB

Thanks in advance.

:)

V444nko, Dec 17, 2019

2. acer Aspir V5-122p with Windows 10 Keyboad and Trackpad do not work

Hi Daveyk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check.

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Please also update chipset drivers from the computer manufacturer's website
    and check the issue.

I found a link:
    http://supportsdriver.com/2015/03/acer-aspire-v5-122p-driver-download.html

Hope this post is helpful. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Dec 17, 2019
  3. tommy2k7 Win User
    Acer Aspire V5-122P BSOD's

This may be a long shot, as it is a Microsoft forum, but here goes:

I am helping someone providing technical support for an Acer Aspire V5-122P. He purchased it at the start of 2014, it came with Windows 8, then I updated it to 8.1. At the end of last year, I upgraded it to Windows 10 (even though the official support
    page for that model did not list any drivers for Windows 10). The problems began in February, randomly, the laptop would freeze now and again, mostly while browsing with Firefox and watching videos.

I did a Refresh in March, and after tried to update the drivers with Driver Booster (as there were no drivers listed for W10.) The computer wouldn't boot into Windows afterwards, so I did a System Restore in Safe Mode, which restored the system to working
    order.

I did another Refresh in May, as it was being erratic again, this time I ran a HD Check, which passed, and a did a chkdsk /r. The file system corrected some errors.

By July, the system still behaved erratically, so in July, I did another chkdsk /r, which corrected system errors.A week later, a BSOD occurred, DEVICE_DRIVER_NOT_THREADED. Looking this message up, one of the suggestions was updating the AMD graphics driver.
    Because Driver Booster made the system unstable before, I ran the AMD Auto-Detect Utility, and it told me there wasn't an updated driver for Windows 10!

Everything seemed fine when he started using Edge, but then yesterday, I got a call, saying it was going slowly.

The DEVICE_DRIVER_NOT_THREADED BSOD had occurred again, pointing to atikmdag.sys, dxgkrml.sys and ntoskrnl.sys. I uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver, but this did not make any difference.

The stats:

Acer Aspire V5-122P with W8 (upgraded to 10)

4GB RAM

500GB HDD

AMD Radeon HD8210

Any suggestions?

tommy2k7, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Acer Aspire V5-122P - Really slow, suggestions please

Windows 10 freezing on Acer Aspire V5-122P

Sigh.

I already posted a step-by-step solution to the problem earlier in this thread.

Maybe you will read it if I link to another website.

Pay special attention to step one, where I clearly said DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP, or Windows will re-install the rogue graphics driver after every reboot.

LutherGaylord, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Acer Aspire V5-122P - Really slow, suggestions please

1. Acer Aspire V5-122P - Really slow, suggestions please - Similar Threads - Acer Aspire 122P

2. Acer aspire

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire: hey so I was using my laptop the other day and I got a notification saying to restart so it could do a drive repair, I turned off my laptop and restarted the next day and now it is stuck in a blue error screen, the error that pops up is "critical process died", when I try to...
  3. Acer Aspire V5-122P Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer Aspire V5-122P Windows 10: I installed windows 10 on my Acer Aspire V5-122p and after some days I started experiencing mouse lagging issue. I'm unable to recover my last windows due to the time....
  4. No matter what I do my Aspire V5-122p-0857

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No matter what I do my Aspire V5-122p-0857: It won't accept password, even though I just changed it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-matter-what-i-do-my-aspire-v5-122p-0857/592a7938-1b0d-440b-830d-8786c1f250f6
  5. Aced Aspire V5-561G Freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Aced Aspire V5-561G Freezing: Hello, Today I purchased Microsoft Windows Home. After installation my laptop freezes randomly. I cannot boot back into Windows; loads a black screen. I would appreciate any help, please....
  6. Windows update 1909 caused synaptics touchpad to work incorrectly on Acer Aspire V5-122P laptop

Windows update 1909 caused synaptics touchpad to work incorrectly on Acer Aspire V5-122P laptop: My Acer Aspire V5-122P laptop, running Windows 10 on February 23 downloaded the Feature update version 1909. As soon as the update installed the touchpad stopped working properly. More specifically it lost the ability to be precisely controlled. It worked perfectly prior...
  7. Windows 10 slow startup on Acer v5-571 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow startup on Acer v5-571 laptop: Why is the Acer v3-571 laptop so slooooooow to startup with Windows 10? I've tried clean re-installing Windows 10 with all files data deleted. turned off startup files and windows defender. NOTHING WORKS!!!! Why does Windows 10 take forever to start up on this laptop?...
  8. Will Windows 10 be able to run on an Acer Aspire v5-571pg?

Will Windows 10 be able to run on an Acer Aspire v5-571pg?: hi not to long ago i found an Acer Aspire v5-571pg, it has really good specs and i want to turn it into a computer i could use for digital art or work. I put in a new hard drive and now i want to put in an operating system via USB. I tryed to look up if this computer was...
  9. Windows 10 extremely low volume issue on 64bit Acer Aspire V5-571G

Windows 10 extremely low volume issue on 64bit Acer Aspire V5-571G: Installed Windows 10 Upgrade (Build 10240). Both my Edifier R18 speakers and Genius comm microphone headphones now have just minimal volume, when completely cranked up by hardware volume control you are able to hear a very faint sound with software sound control at 100%....
  10. Unable to Upgrade or Install Windows 10 on Acer Aspire V5-573G

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Upgrade or Install Windows 10 on Acer Aspire V5-573G: I have Aspire V5-573G, which has all hardware requirements for Windows 10. The problem is when I tried to upgrade from windows 8.1 to 10 after 30%, the installation stops and roll backs to windows 8.1, I tried this 3 times and fed up. It gave me error "The installion failed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer v5 122p running very slow

2. can a acer aspire vs-122p run windows 10

3. acer aspire v5 122p fixing lag

4. acer aspire v5 122p lagging