Windows 10: ACER b247y monitor brightness adjustment impossible

Discus and support ACER b247y monitor brightness adjustment impossible in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Wndows 10 ACER b247y monitor 1. Fn + plus arrows does not change brightness 2. Buttons on back right side let me into the brightness menu but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Antoniu707, Dec 23, 2020.

1. ACER b247y monitor brightness adjustment impossible

Wndows 10 ACER b247y monitor

1. Fn + plus arrows does not change brightness

2. Buttons on back right side let me into the brightness menu but keyboard arrows does not adjust brightness. There aren't other buttons that can adjust brightness either.

:)

Antoniu707, Dec 23, 2020

2. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 23, 2020
  4. ACER b247y monitor brightness adjustment impossible

Adjusting Monitor Brightness and contrast

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you want to adjust the monitor brightness and contrast

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

What is the make and model of the keyboard?

Please check the below steps and check if it helps,

• Type Calibrate display color in the Cortana search box, and click on same.
    • Click Next on Display Color Calibration window.
    • Click Next on Set basic color settings appears on the screen window.
    • Similarly, you get another window How to adjust gamma and click Next button to continue.
    • Adjust gamma window prompts.Set the gamma color settings by sliding up or down (as you prefer) the gamma sliders. When you drag the slider upward brightness of your desktop enhances and when pull it downward brightness
      decreases.This is the center step to adjust brightness so perform carefully. Press
      Next button.
    • Then you will see the Find the brightness and contrast controls for your display. Tap on
      Skip brightness and contrast adjustment if you want to avoid the adjustment of brightness and contrast.
    • Press on Next button until you get the window called How to adjust color balance.
    • In the window “How to adjust color balance”, hit the Next button to go further window.
    • Here, you will notice another window Adjust color balance. In this window, you have the option to adjust the primary colors like
      red, blue and green by sliding these (right or left) with mouse according to your need. After you optimize the colors press the
      Next button.
    • Finally, click Finish button to save the current color calibration settings on your Windows 10 desktop.

You may also update the display driver and check if it helps:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

I would also suggest you install the latest keyboard drivers from the manufacturing website and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

ACER b247y monitor brightness adjustment impossible

1. ACER b247y monitor brightness adjustment impossible - Similar Threads - ACER b247y monitor

2. 2nd monitor has no brightness adjustment buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor has no brightness adjustment buttons: Hello, I have a secondary monitor attached to my Win11 desktop. This monitor has no controls for adjusting brightness, color or anything whatsoever.Is there a way to do it through Windows settings? It is too bright for me right now.Thanks...
  3. 2nd monitor has no brightness adjustment buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor has no brightness adjustment buttons: Hello, I have a secondary monitor attached to my Win11 desktop. This monitor has no controls for adjusting brightness, color or anything whatsoever.Is there a way to do it through Windows settings? It is too bright for me right now.Thanks...
  4. Brightness wont adjust on second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness wont adjust on second monitor: My main computer is an Asus Vivobook 14 running Windows 10. My secondary is an acer monitor, it wont change the brightess on the acer. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/WackyH [link] [comments]...
  5. adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    adjust brightness: i have no option to off automatic brightness option and i'm unable to adjust my screen brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-brightness/51c87999-a4c8-48c8-a9b8-c7e1dd88f581
  6. Adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust brightness: Hey I have the same monitor as you, as well as the same problem. I was just curious if you ended up figuring out the issue. I have looked up everything and even as you did find a visual down loader for brightness & I have had the same results. Get back to me on the question...
  7. Unable to adjust monitor brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to adjust monitor brightness: Hello, I am having an issue where I am unable to adjust the brightness of my monitor through Windows (I'd very much like not to have to use my monitor's brightness control) I have a GTX 1060 and a Ryzen 3700x I am sure my GPU drivers are up to date, I have tried using both...
  8. Brightness adjuster not there

Brightness adjuster not there: The brightness adjuster is not in the action center. I've tried going into power settings to enable it under 'display' but it isn't there either. My keyboard's hotkeys dont work for it either despite all other hotkeys working. I've also tried uninstalling and disabling my...
  9. How to adjust monitor brightness

How to adjust monitor brightness: Monitor is a Dell S2419H and is way to bright. I can find no way to adjust its brightness using the On Screen Display or using the Display Settings of Win 10. I'm sure there must be a way but I just can't find it. Will someone please give me a hand? Thank you. 129234
  10. Can't adjust brightness or connect to a monitor..

Can't adjust brightness or connect to a monitor..: Hey guys, just updated to windows ten with my Sony Vaio 14 touchscreen laptop. 2 things ive noticed so far that have been bugging me is 1. I cannot adjust my brightness with the f5 & f6 keys like i could before... nor do i know how to changed the brightness now at all. Also...