Windows 10: Acer battery won't charge

Discus and support Acer battery won't charge in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop Acer E5-475G (the spec is in my profile) is currently having an issue. Last night I was organizing my files and document but I didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by baskhara, Dec 24, 2019.

1. baskhara Win User

Acer battery won't charge

Hi, my laptop Acer E5-475G (the spec is in my profile) is currently having an issue.
    Last night I was organizing my files and document but I didn't realize that the battery indicator was blinking because the battery level was like 50% or 60%. I put the laptop to sleep when I'm done.

The next morning when I try to charge it, the battery didn't increased at all. I did some heavy task the battery didn't decreased as well. This also happened twice before when there is a quick power outage, the battery won't charge until I pushed the battery reset pinhole on the back of the laptop. I did the same thing now with no success. I've tried different charger with no success as well.

Does the battery failing right now? Is there anyway to confirm this? I have this laptop for around a year or two.
    Thank you in advance.

:)

baskhara, Dec 24, 2019

2. acer tablet /windowes 10 battery won,t charge worked before upgrade. from 8.1?

have Acer Ionia W3-810tablet just installed windowes 10 from 8.1 now battery won,t charge starts to for a few seconds then stops a.Tablet is plugged in still working but. Icon showers totally dead any words of advice Thanks Richard Robinson

RichardRobinsonWN, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Acer battery won't charge pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Acer battery won't charge

battery not charging or 1 minute to full charge

Doesn't seem to be the charger cause - after last time of unloading and reloading the battery monitoring software and taking and putting the battery back in, without touching the charger - then the battery charged up to 100%. Tried all the other stuff too - to no avail. It's just pretty weird with the inconsistencies - sometimes the techniques suggested on the forums work - and sometimes they don't. Pretty frustrating. Interesting though that Windows 8.1 had same issue, so I won;t try going back there to solve the problem. I'm beginning to think that there is some incompatibility between Dell laptops and Windows drivers that is at the root of this -but not so often that either company thinks that a fix is in order.

batteryrod, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Acer battery won't charge

1. Acer battery won't charge - Similar Threads - Acer battery won't

2. Battery won't charge all the way.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery won't charge all the way.: I just got a new battery yesterday, and it charged to 100%, but today when I turned it on, I used it until I thought it was ready to charge, but it only charges to 99%. Why is this happening?Then, now it's 100% as of writing this, but it could be because I unplugged it and...
  3. Battery won't charge firmware will not update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery won't charge firmware will not update: I'm not sure what I did.if it was because I installed windows 10 pro from a clean installation. or if I cleared the secure boot settings. I also hooked a SSD to my PC.my devices keep migrating and not starting.in BIOS my HDD0 AND HDD1 read none. my battery won't charge.and...
  4. Battery won't charge up to 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery won't charge up to 100%: Hello, my name is Shaikh Hosain. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3 laptop. My laptop won't charge up to 100% it will stop at 99%. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-wont-charge-up-to-100/837b093a-6055-4438-899e-4b13f5ab2b42
  5. battery not removeable and won't charge

battery not removeable and won't charge: I have an ASUS laptop computer and the battery won't take a charge. Battery not removable by user so can't be easily replaced. Computer works when plugged in. I there some setting that I may have inadvertaintly disabled.?...
  6. my battery won't charge

my battery won't charge: I just got a n Evoo. I plugged it in. It has been plugged in for 3 days and still won't work unless I keep it plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-wont-charge/87f4cd09-1969-4f77-9d7a-0ff9e6d30f41
  7. Battery Won't Charge Fully

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Won't Charge Fully: ASUS, 1909 Battery icon was sitting at 88% for hours. By pulling and reinserting the power cord the percentage will sometimes move up 1% and now sits at 93%. The battery light is orange. Checked my BIOS version and it's 2014. This laptop was barely used until this year and...
  8. Battery Won't Charge Fully

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery Won't Charge Fully: ASUS, 1909 Battery icon was sitting at 88% for hours. By pulling and reinserting the power cord the percentage will sometimes move up 1% and now sits at 93%. The battery light is orange. Checked my BIOS version and it's 2014. This laptop was barely used until this year and...
  9. Battery Won't Charge Completely

Battery Won't Charge Completely: I had a setting get changed on my Asus recently, and now my computer will only charge to 80%. I can't figure out how to undo the change in my battery settings, and I can't find any way to change the setting in BIOS. Any suggestions?...
  10. Battery won't charge.

Battery won't charge.: I have a Satellite P55t laptop and upgraded to Windows 10. After a few months the battery will not charge. It says 0% available (plugged in, charging). Did anybody experience the same problem & was able to solve it....