Windows 10: Acer Desktop booted/turned on, on it's own twice after shutting down.

Discus and support Acer Desktop booted/turned on, on it's own twice after shutting down. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night, after I powered down my family's Acer Aspire XC-603G Desktop PC, it powered up on its own twice in a row. I had to shut it down 3 times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Acer Desktop booted/turned on, on it's own twice after shutting down.

Last night, after I powered down my family's Acer Aspire XC-603G Desktop PC, it powered up on its own twice in a row. I had to shut it down 3 times. The 3rd time or last time I shut it down, it never came back on until I powered it up by pressing the power button.

I have a similar occurrence before with this computer. Acer fixed it and later said it needed to be reset and the configuration was messed up, but thats all I know that they did to it.

Also, when it ran Windows 8.1, it had a sleep issue.

It has done fine up until last night.

:)

Jesse Williams, Apr 4, 2019

2. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Acer CEO to Microsoft: ‘Think twice’ about Surface tablets

Acer's concern is the "walled garden." They see Microsoft releasing hardware as a step in that direction. Google has avoided the "walled garden" hence little impact.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 4, 2019
  4. cheetahfm Win User

Acer Desktop booted/turned on, on it's own twice after shutting down.

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Acer Desktop booted/turned on, on it's own twice after shutting down.

1. Acer Desktop booted/turned on, on it's own twice after shutting down. - Similar Threads - Acer Desktop booted

2. PC turns on after Shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on after Shut down: Hello there,to fully explain the situation:My computer turns itself on after pressing a key on my keyboard after I shut it down. I noticed this only occurs when my pc is put to sleep and woken up before I turn it off.I assume it might be a bug connected to the wake up...
  3. Clicking shut down twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking shut down twice: When I click on the Windows icon, then click on the power button - I have to click on this power button twice before the 'Shut Down' option will appear - is this a bug? Thanks...
  4. Clicking shut down twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking shut down twice: When I click on the Windows icon, then click on the power button - I have to click on this power button twice before the 'Shut Down' option will appear - is this a bug? Thanks...
  5. Desktop Icons Disorganizing when turning on after shut-down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Disorganizing when turning on after shut-down: Hello, I'm using Windows 10 on my laptop/PC. There's a repeated problem ongoing inside my pc. After using my pc, I shut it down. After when I switch it on for re-using, when I see my desktop, all of my icons are disarranged without my presence. Before my pc had updated, this...
  6. computer shutting down on its own and refusing to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer shutting down on its own and refusing to boot: my computer shuts itself down when im not using it, even after I put it in sleep mode. when I try to switch it on it fails to boot unless I remove the battery then place it back again. when I do that it might still fail to boot several times, it just shuts down and that's it....
  7. Desktop Randomly Shutting Down and Turning On

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Randomly Shutting Down and Turning On: Not sure if this is a hardware issue or not. On my gaming PC for just a couple of days I've started noticing it. Sometimes the shutting down screen will just appear and the desktop proceeds to shut down (though sometimes I can cancel it if an app is preventing shutdown just...
  8. My acer laptop keeps shutting down at the acer boot up screen

My acer laptop keeps shutting down at the acer boot up screen: I have an acer aspire 3 a315-21, that keeps shutting down when I try to boot up. If I hold a button down while it boots up the screen stays on, but if I let go it turns of within seconds....
  9. Windows shut down after turn on

Windows shut down after turn on: Hi, Today i iipdated my old sony vaio laptop windows 7 home to windows 10. After everything is doen, the start up was in safe mode. Fonts were really huge. After sucessfully turning it on it shut down itself within 5-10 seconds. The problem hapeens everytime. Now I cannot...
  10. PC shuts down after turning it on

PC shuts down after turning it on: Hello. I have a problem with my pc. I have windows 10 installed, and have formatted and installed windows all over again trying to fix this problem but it didn't do it. When I turn on my pc, the windows logo appears for a few seconds and then the computer shuts off. When I...