Windows 10: Acer keyboard

Discus and support Acer keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my sterling pound sign comes up as a hash and my 'at' sign as an apostrophe - how do I change the keyboard settings to stop this happening?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by annajolly, Dec 1, 2018.

1. annajolly Win User

Acer keyboard

my sterling pound sign comes up as a hash and my 'at' sign as an apostrophe - how do I change the keyboard settings to stop this happening?

:)

annajolly, Dec 1, 2018

2. Windows 10 Acer no touchpad, no keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

As you are not able to use the keyboard, I suggest you to use OSK (on screen keyboard) until we fix the keyboard and mouse issue.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the keyboard, mouse and touchpad drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    2. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

3. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Acer one 10 keyboard not working

Hi Mark,

Let us isolate the concern by answering the following questions:

• Does the keyboard work if you shutdown or restart your computer?
    • Can you tell us what do you mean by "when i re attach the acer one 10 laptop tablet it doesnt work?"
    • Do you see any light on your keyboard when you re-attach the Acer one 10 laptop tablet?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Carlos Tin, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Acer keyboard

acer tablet keyboard

Hello Kevin,

To better facilitate this thread related to your keyboard and cursor, I'd like to verify if the issue persists. If so, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes? If so, a screenshot of it is highly appreciated.
    • Does this issue also occur upon connecting your keyboard and mouse to another device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we have an entire support article dedicated to
    repair mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows that I'd recommend checking. To view this article, click on this
    link and follow the tips and steps provided in it.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Acer keyboard

1. Acer keyboard - Similar Threads - Acer keyboard

2. Keyboard not working on acer aspire 3 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard not working on acer aspire 3 laptop: I tried updating the driver in device manager, tried to get Windows update to look for it, googling it, uninstalling it, restarting it, backed up all my files and done a clean install of windows after all that, still no keyboard I feel like I tried everything I either have to...
  3. Keyboard not working on acer aspire 3 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working on acer aspire 3 laptop: I tried updating the driver in device manager, tried to get Windows update to look for it, googling it, uninstalling it, restarting it, backed up all my files and done a clean install of windows after all that, still no keyboard I feel like I tried everything I either have to...
  4. Keyboard not working on acer aspire 3 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard won't connect to Acer Nitro V

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard won't connect to Acer Nitro V: Hello,I have a Microsoft Sculpt keyboard that I've used for a while without problems with my old Acer laptop, as well as work computer it was a Citrix PC, but don't know much about it. I recently purchased a new Acer Nitro V, and while it's been great so far, I cannot get the...
  6. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard won't connect to Acer Nitro V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard won't connect to Acer Nitro V: Hello,I have a Microsoft Sculpt keyboard that I've used for a while without problems with my old Acer laptop, as well as work computer it was a Citrix PC, but don't know much about it. I recently purchased a new Acer Nitro V, and while it's been great so far, I cannot get the...
  7. Acer Laptop blue light on, but screen and keyboard both dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Laptop blue light on, but screen and keyboard both dark: Hey, I've got an acer A515-45 laptop. Recently I've noticed that when I close the lid for a few hours the laptop goes to sleep no problem, and wakes right up after I lift the lid back up. However recently I've got a problem where I'll close the lid and leave the laptop to...
  8. Acer Laptop blue light on, but screen and keyboard both dark

Acer Laptop blue light on, but screen and keyboard both dark: Hey, I've got an acer A515-45 laptop. Recently I've noticed that when I close the lid for a few hours the laptop goes to sleep no problem, and wakes right up after I lift the lid back up. However recently I've got a problem where I'll close the lid and leave the laptop to...
  9. KEYBOARD BLACKLIT NOT WORKING WINDOWS 11 ACER ASPIRE 5 A515 57G

KEYBOARD BLACKLIT NOT WORKING WINDOWS 11 ACER ASPIRE 5 A515 57G: KEYBOARD BLACKLIT NOT WORKING WINDOWS 11 ACER ASPIRE 5 A515 57G I entered the SAFE BOOT menu after watching a tutorial and the keyboard backlight worked. After a week it didn't work again...
  10. KEYBOARD BLACKLIT NOT WORKING WINDOWS 11 ACER ASPIRE 5 A515 57G

KEYBOARD BLACKLIT NOT WORKING WINDOWS 11 ACER ASPIRE 5 A515 57G: KEYBOARD BLACKLIT NOT WORKING WINDOWS 11 ACER ASPIRE 5 A515 57G I entered the SAFE BOOT menu after watching a tutorial and the keyboard backlight worked. After a week it didn't work again...