Windows 10: ACER laptop + 2 monitors

Discus and support ACER laptop + 2 monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an ACER aspire 5 laptop and want to extend the display over 2 separate monitors. Both monitors will work if plugged into the HDMI port, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SueEO, Apr 24, 2021.

1. SueEO Win User

ACER laptop + 2 monitors

I have an ACER aspire 5 laptop and want to extend the display over 2 separate monitors. Both monitors will work if plugged into the HDMI port, but I can't get a 2nd monitor to be recognised using a USB to HDMI adapter. Online advice and manufacturer advice suggests this should be possible.SueEO

:)

SueEO, Apr 24, 2021

2. my acer aspire laptop dosent detect external vga monitor .

Hi Sivaram,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    This issue might be happening because of the faulty drivers. That’s the reason you are getting intermittent connection on external monitor.

However, you may try the below suggested steps.

Step 1: Try connecting on a different monitor and check if the issue still persists.

Step 2: Try using a different VGA cable to connect with external monitor and check the status of the issue.

Step 3: Update display driver adapters

You may refer the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10
    and check the status of the issue.

Step 4: Check for an updated Video driver on the

Acer drivers and Manuals page

For more information you may also refer
    troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 24, 2021
  3. Hkcuong Win User
    Core 2 Duo for laptop CQ40-314TU

I have found something about CPU Upgrade on the Intel's Website, the manufacturer of my laptop's chipset (GM45 Chipset). Currently, the CPU which this laptop is using (Dual Core T3400) is NOT in this list: http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=35509
    The laptop's chipset also support Core 2 Extreme Technology, which I think the latest CPU Technology.
    I have another laptop called Acer Aspire 5572ANWXMi that is using the chipset 945GM which support the T7600 (like you suggested) and it is in this list: http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=22816

Hkcuong, Apr 24, 2021
  4. TAU
    Tau Win User

ACER laptop + 2 monitors

Acer Laptops :are they crap ?

Acer makes a cheap prodcut period. They user lower end plastics, as well as assembly. (I hate working on Acer laptops)

If budget is an issue then get an acer... though for $50 more you could get a gateway that will smoke the acer in terms of quality.

For a laptop though i would suggest one of the DV7T's from HP or a Business class Toshiba/HP/IBM (not the lenovo branded, the Thinkpads)

Thema:

ACER laptop + 2 monitors

1. ACER laptop + 2 monitors - Similar Threads - ACER laptop monitors

2. Laptop and 2 monitor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop and 2 monitor problem: I have a laptop and 2 screens but when I go to display settings and identify, it has allocated my laptop as 1 both monitors as 2. Is it possible to make the monitors 1 and 2 and disregard the laptop?...
  3. Laptop and 2 monitor problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop and 2 monitor problem: I have a laptop and 2 screens but when I go to display settings and identify, it has allocated my laptop as 1 both monitors as 2. Is it possible to make the monitors 1 and 2 and disregard the laptop?...
  4. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop: I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen on the monitor display the same image.I want to make it so that, With additional keyboards and mice, Make one user work on the...
  5. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop: I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen on the monitor display the same image.I want to make it so that, With additional keyboards and mice, Make one user work on the...
  6. ACER monitors

ACER monitors: are ACER monitors compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-monitors/dcbc8f71-185a-49b7-9435-d029ea9b7879
  7. ACER monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACER monitors: are ACER monitors compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-monitors/dcbc8f71-185a-49b7-9435-d029ea9b7879
  8. Adding 2 monitors to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding 2 monitors to laptop: Trying to attach 2 monitors to a laptop via the instructions provided by Microsoft. It's not working!! I need help please. I have each monitor plugged in to the hdmi ports of a docking station. One monitor works, the second isnt even detected....
  9. Adding 2 monitors to laptop

Adding 2 monitors to laptop: Trying to attach 2 monitors to a laptop via the instructions provided by Microsoft. It's not working!! I need help please. I have each monitor plugged in to the hdmi ports of a docking station. One monitor works, the second isnt even detected....
  10. adding older acer monitor to dell laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    adding older acer monitor to dell laptop: I wanted to connect an external monitor to my laptop. Windows is not detecting it. What next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-older-acer-monitor-to-dell-laptop/b0221ab7-8ebe-4964-a2c1-eb113dcbfbc6