Windows 10: Acer Laptop and Windows 10 100% disk issue problem off and on for almost 3 years TAKES...

Discus and support Acer Laptop and Windows 10 100% disk issue problem off and on for almost 3 years TAKES... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a brand new laptop from Acer in August of 2017. It came preloaded with 10. Also 64 bit. I have had MS techs "fix" this issue probably 15... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TamNas, Jul 3, 2020.

1. TamNas Win User

Acer Laptop and Windows 10 100% disk issue problem off and on for almost 3 years TAKES...

I bought a brand new laptop from Acer in August of 2017. It came preloaded with 10. Also 64 bit. I have had MS techs "fix" this issue probably 15 times over the past two years. Something is broken. It always stalls again and can't finish downloading updates to install and completely fails me. Then I submit a ticket for help only to have them temporarily fix the issue until it occurs again. It is simply a bad Acer Computer? Is this an issue with that kind of laptop and Windows 10? Do I leave Windows? Do I just ditch ACER? So frustrated and wish I knew the issue so I could avoid it forever.

Please help.

:)

TamNas, Jul 3, 2020

2. Brand new Acer Laptops Disk Running at 100%

Hi there,

I purchase the laptops for my organisation and always go for Acer lower end models such as Acer E15 for <£400. I have done this a dozen times without issue and then suddenly the last 3 have ALL had the disk running at 100% and I have spent days trying to
    improve them without success.

With all laptops I purchase I do the following for setup before I pass them to the user:

• Remove free trials of office / McAfee
    • Download and install Chrome
    • Download and install Bullguard Internet Security
    • Install windows updates
    • Add malwarebytes - but only free version to run on demand as a secondary line of defence
    In order to try and deal with the issue, I have:

• Reset the PC completely, everything wiped
    • Re-installed windows 10 (happens automatically)
    • Performed an sfc /scannow check which comes back fine, as does DISM
    • Checked the MSI setting using an answer on microsoft from 1 to 0 and back again - no difference
    • Used Ccleaner to see if that will help
    The end result is the same, always running slow - startup to first app loading is a minimum of 3 minutes. I'm not expecting lightning fast but that's still surely way too much, and everything is lagging, nothing happens quickly.

I wondered if I'm missing something basic or doing something that is causing this as 3 in a row is absurd. Any and all advice gratefully received!

Thank you

RobDuffyJF, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 100 Percent Disk Usage Problem

Hi ..

Disk showing 100% and slowing down my system everytime . I have tried some of the fixes posted in google but nothing worked so far.

tried almost everything suggested in - Windows 10 100% disk usage in Task Manager [SOLVED] - Driver Easy

Task manager indicate some times single windows update , some times
    single system windows process takes almost 98% of disk .

I killed all background processes once and it seems resolved for a while but its resurfacing.

Please help me to resolve this .

Thanks

Ganesh

GanapatiraoYegireddi, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Acer Laptop and Windows 10 100% disk issue problem off and on for almost 3 years TAKES...

Slow Boot, Disk 100%

I installed Windows 10 pro yesterday on my brand new laptop (Acer E5 576G). After using it for several hours I realized that sometime Disk on task bar goes uptup 100% and laptop becomes a little bit sluggish (Highest disk usage service was superfetch -
    don't know whether it's every time). And the boot up is very slow it's taking almost 1 or 2 minute/s to boot up. Please help me fix this I already did the StorAHCI.sys fix that mentioned in here ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...00-disk-utilization-on-windows-10-devices-wit
    ). Thank you in advance.

kushenthimira, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Acer Laptop and Windows 10 100% disk issue problem off and on for almost 3 years TAKES...

1. Acer Laptop and Windows 10 100% disk issue problem off and on for almost 3 years TAKES... - Similar Threads - Acer Laptop 100%

2. Acer Spin 3 Laptop Wifi Problem's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Spin 3 Laptop Wifi Problem's: I wanted to factory reset my Laptop to be able to give it away to a family member but when I did and was moving through the process of setting it back up for them I get to the Wifi portion of the set up only to see that it says the Wifi is turned off and needs to be turned...
  3. Acer Spin 3 Laptop Wifi Problem's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer Spin 3 Laptop Wifi Problem's: I wanted to factory reset my Laptop to be able to give it away to a family member but when I did and was moving through the process of setting it back up for them I get to the Wifi portion of the set up only to see that it says the Wifi is turned off and needs to be turned...
  4. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it: I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it and the update setting says that try reopen settings later.I tryed youtube tutorials to solve but still the same error.I also can't use microsoft storegives error....
  5. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it: I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it and the update setting says that try reopen settings later.I tryed youtube tutorials to solve but still the same error.I also can't use microsoft storegives error....
  6. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. 100% disk usage almost all the time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage almost all the time: so recently I've noticed everything on my computer become incredibly slow, opening task manager I noticed that my disk usage was at 100% very consistently, usually because of the "system" process, or some other windows related process. after trying basically everything else...
  8. Something taking up almost 100% of RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something taking up almost 100% of RAM: I have a problem that causes my RAM to constantly be at 90-97% while I really have 1/16GB in use. Upon opening Task Manager > Performance > Memory. I noticed that my non-paged pool was at 2GB. I tried to enable ClearPageFileAtShutdown, restarted my PC, did not help. I then...
  9. Disk runs at 100% almost all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk runs at 100% almost all the time: Hi, so my PC is a custom build and has high specs and have always had this 100% disk problem. I have used 3 different antivirus software which hasnt detected anything, so dont think it is that. There seems to be alot of updates that happening which could be affecting it or...
  10. WINDOWS 10 DISK 100% PROBLEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 DISK 100% PROBLEM: I often get DISK USAGE 100% and haven't found what causes the problem. I've tried disabling SuperFetch and Windows Search, but that doesn't seem to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-disk-100-problem/a54dbf30-1a2a-44e0-80ff-de9e569bbc6c