Windows 10: Acer Laptop backlight turning off 9 seconds after splash screen cold booting Windows 10

Discus and support Acer Laptop backlight turning off 9 seconds after splash screen cold booting Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While in my care (I own/operate a computer repair shop), a customer's Acer Aspire E15 Touch laptop running the latest updated version of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mnswede2, Sep 14, 2018.

1. mnswede2 Win User

Acer Laptop backlight turning off 9 seconds after splash screen cold booting Windows 10

While in my care (I own/operate a computer repair shop), a customer's Acer Aspire E15 Touch laptop running the latest updated version of Windows 10 Home has started to have a backlight issue.

Booting from powered off, I'll get an Acer logo, and about 9 seconds later (every time), the backlight will turn off, continuing to boot and operate otherwise normally... just no backlight. A bright flashlight allows me to see enough to RESTART, and upon restart and waking from sleep, it'll go through the boot process and work just fine, backlight included.

I could tell her to NEVER turn it off, just sleeping and restarting, but that's (as far as I know) NOT how it was when it arrived, and not how it should leave my shop.

She originally brought it to me to have a tune-up performed. She'd complained of a long-running script that kept trying to run and it would fail (I never saw it). She wanted me to uninstall McAfee. Removed McAfee and performed my usual tune-up, and among other things, I installed a pretty long list of Microsoft Updates.

I have done a Power Reset (battery removed, no AC power attached, pressed and held power button for 30+ seconds).

I have incrementally "updated" (a downgrade)

the Intel HD Graphics driver from a digitally unsigned version: 12/21/2015 v10.18.10.4358

to a Microsoft Windows Hdwe. Compatibility Publisher version: 08/17/2015 v10.18.10.4276

Might it be a tired inverter board, that on a boot from powered off would fail after 9 seconds EVERY TIME, but come to life and work just fine upon a _Restart_ EVERY TIME from that condition (backlight off)?

I've searched for most of a day and found no clues.

Thanks for reading.

:)

mnswede2, Sep 14, 2018

2. Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off

Hi, I recently updated my DELL L502X to Windows 10 from Windows 7. All drivers have been installed and Device Manager shows no problem. However I'm seeing a weird issue. I'm using an external monitor (ASUS) through HDMI. I'm setting the display to show on external monitor only. In Windows 7, everything works fine. After the Windows boot logo disappears, laptop screen turns off and external monitor turns on. In Windows 10, however, there is an issue. After boot logo disappears, external monitor turns on, and laptop screen turns off - but not completely. There is no content anymore but the back light is still on. If I switch the display mode to Duplicate or Extend (just to turn on the laptop screen) and switch back to Second Monitor Only, the laptop screen can turn off completely.

Has anyone seen a problem like this? Both monitors are shown as Generic PnP Monitors in Device Manager. I don't know if this is a driver problem or something related to my laptop. The bottom line is in Windows 7 there is no such a problem.

Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

princerock, Sep 14, 2018
  3. barlowLAD Win User
    ASUS z77 Start up splash screen

Hi,

I have an ssd installed on my pc with my os on it (win7), I was under the impression that this would drastically improve the boot times, but the mobo splash screen appears for at least 10 seconds, then is replaced by a bios screen stating the different drives I have in sata 3.0 ports, then cuts to another splash screen f

Any idea on how to disable some of this information, as at the moment, my old dual core laptop boots faster than this machine?

Thanks in advance.

barlowLAD, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Morganc3 Win User

Acer Laptop backlight turning off 9 seconds after splash screen cold booting Windows 10

Windows 10 will not boot: hanging on Acer start screen

I have an Acer Laptop running Windows 10, and have had Windows 10 for years. Yesterday, it said it required an update, so I scheduled it to occur overnight. This morning the computer will not boot up. It stays in a restart loop, but it only makes it to
    the Acer Splash Screen. The blue repair screen is not appearing. To turn it on, I press the power button and the circle of spinning dots on a black screen appears. Then the Acer logo comes on to the screen. Then the computer shuts down and powers back up in
    an inifinte loop, without any errors or notification saying it is going to restart.

Please help.

Acer Laptop backlight turning off 9 seconds after splash screen cold booting Windows 10 [​IMG]

Morganc3, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Acer Laptop backlight turning off 9 seconds after splash screen cold booting Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Acer Laptop backlight

2. how to turn off laptop backlight keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off laptop backlight keyboard: i have dell laptop, i want to turn off/or maybe reduce the brightness the laptop backlight how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-laptop-backlight-keyboard/f58ad247-941a-463e-bc4f-c2a77ff202ed
  3. turn off keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off keyboard backlight: I can't turn off the keyboard backlight https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-keyboard-backlight/c219bc9a-950d-4140-8e08-20ab877cc4f6
  4. TURN ON AND OFF AFTER A SECOND

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TURN ON AND OFF AFTER A SECOND: Hello I have a acer aspire v3-571G when I try to open my laptop I hear the fan spinning but after a second between 1-5 second it goes off my laptop shut down. I thought it was dc jack issue since I have broken dc but I change it but the problem still exist and even got worse...
  5. turn off screen backlight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    turn off screen backlight: submitted by /u/_kjb [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gcciqu/turn_off_screen_backlight/
  6. BSoD after cold boot or seconds after login

BSoD after cold boot or seconds after login: Hello, I get BSODs when i boot my PC (usuallyafter bios somtimes within first seconds after login in to win10) and only if the computer was off for a while (~1hour). Restarts are no problem. Today i also got a black screen after boot up. I could use my mouse and there was a...
  7. Screen Backlight Not Turning Off (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Backlight Not Turning Off (Windows 10): I am on a 20-inch, Mid 2009 iMac, triple booting Mac OS X 10.11.6, Windows 10, and Arch Linux. After the 5 minutes I set, the screen goes black, but the backlight stays on. Can somebody help with this? Thanks in advance, Enchint Sworden...
  8. Black screen after cold boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after cold boot: After a cold boot I get a black screen with no mouse pointer. The computer powers up and the monitor comes on but the manufacturer's logo doesn't show and nothing else appears. After repeatedly powering off (holding power button down) and retrying 5 or 6 times it eventually...
  9. Keyboard backlighting is turned off

Keyboard backlighting is turned off: I have recently updated my Dell XPS 13 series laptop to Windows 10 but after that keyboard backlighting stopped working. Help me please how can I turn it on again?...
  10. Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off: Hi, I recently updated my DELL L502X to Windows 10 from Windows 7. All drivers have been installed and Device Manager shows no problem. However I'm seeing a weird issue. I'm using an external monitor (ASUS) through HDMI. I'm setting the display to show on external monitor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer x213h monitor stays on for 2 seconds then backlight turns off

2. laptop shuts down after dell splash screen