Windows 10: Acer laptop internet issue

Discus and support Acer laptop internet issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem with my browser, when I download apps on Microsoft edge I get an error of a blue circle with an "i" in it on the downloading arrow and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Prin cc¥, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Prin cc¥ Win User

Acer laptop internet issue

I have a problem with my browser, when I download apps on Microsoft edge I get an error of a blue circle with an "i" in it on the downloading arrow and the app fails to download, please assist.

:)

Prin cc¥, Jul 21, 2021
  2. TAU
    Tau Win User

Acer Laptops :are they crap ?

Acer makes a cheap prodcut period. They user lower end plastics, as well as assembly. (I hate working on Acer laptops)

If budget is an issue then get an acer... though for $50 more you could get a gateway that will smoke the acer in terms of quality.

For a laptop though i would suggest one of the DV7T's from HP or a Business class Toshiba/HP/IBM (not the lenovo branded, the Thinkpads)

3. Acer laptop: BIOS update, worth it?

Hello, I own an Acer E5 575G-5622 laptop. Recently bought this machine, it came with 1.12 BIOS version. If I see drivers for my laptop, it also shows me BIOS updates. Currently v1.29 BIOS update is available for this machine.

My question is that is it worth it to upgrade to latest BIOS version? I have read on the internet that it is often very risky to update BIOS as it most probably would lead to corruption of boot loader. If that was the case, why is Acer still shipping BIOS updates for the laptop?

If it is worth to upgrade BIOS, what are the procedures and precautionary steps to take in account?

Thank you!

AlphaRomeoChrli, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Acer laptop internet issue

Internet issues with Windows 10

Hello Bryan,

We are sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Acer laptop internet issue

1. Acer laptop internet issue - Similar Threads - Acer laptop internet

2. acer laptop - windows 7 - internet issue after full reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    acer laptop - windows 7 - internet issue after full reset: i can connect to my wifi, but most of the site is not accessible, like msn.com. also unable to do windows update.I believe it might have to do with the date/time. as it gives me error about security certificate. I have updated the date/time and timezone, but still issue....
  3. acer laptop - windows 7 - internet issue after full reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    acer laptop - windows 7 - internet issue after full reset: i can connect to my wifi, but most of the site is not accessible, like msn.com. also unable to do windows update.I believe it might have to do with the date/time. as it gives me error about security certificate. I have updated the date/time and timezone, but still issue....
  4. acer laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    acer laptop: acer laptop put in safe mold now cant get back in no password ana no pin how can i get in to get out of safe mold https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-laptop/40c27b3c-4d19-4c9a-bf56-0d57e689ed99
  5. Bluetooth issues on an acer laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth issues on an acer laptop: I just got a new acer laptop. Whenever i connect my Bluetooth earphones within about 5-10 mins the earphones stop playing audio. its still connected but it just stops playing any sound. I always have to troubleshoot the Bluetooth every 10 mins for it to work and the image...
  6. internet issues with acer aspire 3 and Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    internet issues with acer aspire 3 and Win10: Since I got this laptop it's nothing but trouble. It won't connect to my W-Lan properly. Internet works, kind of. Windows Updates, Avira Updates, Thunderbird and most websites work. Malwarebytes Updates and certain websites say: no connection (ebay.com for example). This...
  7. Windows 10 Acer Laptop Boot Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Acer Laptop Boot Issues: [IMG]Hi, i am having issues with my acer nitro 5 laptop. it recently started glitching out when touching the shell of the laptop, i had to hard re boot it each time it did this. now it wont even boot up, it loads to just before i would enter my password and all i get...
  8. No internet, secured issue - Acer N19H1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet, secured issue - Acer N19H1: Hello. I have a new Acer N19H1 Aspire and in one of the wifi available network, it doesn't connect. I use the same network on my Iphne and other devices. I have tried a lot of things posted here but nothing works: IP refresh, driver updates......
  9. Help my Acer laptop won't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help my Acer laptop won't connect to the internet: So a few months ago my wireless internet started cutting out and would show the wired internet symbol with a red "X" next to it (signifing that the internet was being identified as being a wired connection with no networks available) even though I have never used wired...
  10. acer laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    acer laptop: my acer will not get past a blue screen that says reset this pc what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/acer-laptop/bb4d505f-58f6-4de7-8364-67ba64b8d85a