Windows 10: Acer laptop only powers on when plugged in an doesn't charge

Discus and support Acer laptop only powers on when plugged in an doesn't charge in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I purchased an acer aspire 3 a315-51-3879 just over a month ago. The charger wouldn't charge the laptop so I purchased a new charger with the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by suhail mayat, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Acer laptop only powers on when plugged in an doesn't charge

I purchased an acer aspire 3 a315-51-3879 just over a month ago. The charger wouldn't charge the laptop so I purchased a new charger with the same specifications which is working as it starts the laptop up however the laptop would not charge anymore. I am guessing there is a problem with the laptop now as it would only power on when the charger is plugged in. I need my laptop ASAP so that I can do my college work so are there any ways I could solve this without having to send it to acer to sort out whatever is wrong with it?

:)

suhail mayat, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Graydrake Win User

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Nov 30, 2018
  3. windows 10 battery plugged in not charging (acer v11 touch)

Hello,

We appreciate that you already performed troubleshooting. On the other hand, we will be providing steps that seems to be the same with what you have done but with tweaks.

If ever you encounter case wherein the laptop is plugged in but is not charging, we suggest that you try the following:

• Disconnect the laptop’s power cable from the outlet/power source and laptop.
    • Turn off the laptop.
    • Remove the battery.
    • Reconnect the laptop’s power cable to the laptop then to the outlet/power source.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • Uninstall device of Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Turn off the laptop and then disconnect the power cable.
    • Insert the battery.
    • Reconnect the power cable.
    • Power on the laptop. Windows would then reinstall driver automatically.

In case that the troubleshooting steps above didn’t help, our next step is update the driver if there is available update. You just have to go back to
    Device Manager > Batteries > Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery > Update Driver Software.

Let me know if this works for you.

JohnMel And, Nov 30, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Acer laptop only powers on when plugged in an doesn't charge

Plugged In, Not Charging

Sometimes depending on your Windows 10 Build, your battery will not charge to 100%, this extends the life of your battery . . . plug out the laptop, drain the battery for 10 - 15 minutes, plug it back in and see if it starts to charge the battery

If however, your battery is not charging at all in Windows 10, follow these steps to rectify this issue:

• Disconnect Power Supply
    • Remove battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop
    • Control Panel - Device Manager
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and Uninstall
    • Shutdown
    • Disconnect Power Supply
    • Insert battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Acer laptop only powers on when plugged in an doesn't charge

1. Acer laptop only powers on when plugged in an doesn't charge - Similar Threads - Acer laptop powers

2. UX425EA Laptop unable to charge, or plug in to use on power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UX425EA Laptop unable to charge, or plug in to use on power: Recently did a BIOS update, I think while I was doing the update my battery drained and died while updating in progress. When I managed to reboot, I felt that the update had been disrupted but reflected the latest firmware version UX425EA.317. But I am no tech expert to...
  3. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: I'm having some difficulty getting my laptop to charge. It is a brand-new laptop so problems with the battery and charger shouldn't be a problem.When I plug in the charger it says its charging, however the percentage does not increase no matter how much time goes by. I don't...
  4. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: This problem of plugged in not charging has been there for about 1 month. The surprising fact is when i keep the charger at different angles it charges and then when i keep it at the same angle it won't. Can i fix this at homeMeanwhile my laptop battery isn't removable....
  5. Laptop does not charge when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop does not charge when plugged in: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop that runs windows 10. So far its been working fine, but every now and then I notice that the battery just stops charging. When I first bought it, the battery charged, told me how long it will take to charge, and even the charging light came...
  6. Laptop is using battery power even when it is plugged in and fully charged.

Laptop is using battery power even when it is plugged in and fully charged.: Hi guys, couple of months ago i bought a new gaming laptop that have a GTX1050 4gb graphic. But now a days I noticed that when i play heavy games like GTA V, Far cry 5, Resident evil 3 etc. my laptop is using battery power even I plugged in. When i do less power demanding...
  7. Windows laptop lagging when charging/plugged in only

Windows laptop lagging when charging/plugged in only: I have updated my windows 10 to feature updated 2004 after 2 days of fighting somehow. However, it happened with my laptop earlier when i did updates that whenever I plug in my charger, it starts lagging very much. Response time becomes like 2 mins for a click. I have lenovo,...
  8. When I plug in charger, laptop doesn't "show" charging. With battery out and plugged-in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I plug in charger, laptop doesn't "show" charging. With battery out and plugged-in...: I've tried reinstalling the battery driver thrice. Figured if the port was busted, laptop shouldn't power on with power cable alone. If you're tech minded, please share your thoughts with me. Thanks man. submitted by /u/fresh_temperature [link] [comments]...
  9. Power mode (plugged in) not charging / charging

Power mode (plugged in) not charging / charging: I'm having issues with Windows 10 Power Saving Mode on my laptop. When the Power Source (charger) is plugged in the laptop will go in and out of power savings mode ever second or so. This does not happen when the battery is fully charged. I've replace the power source and...
  10. Fully charged battery but laptop only works when plugged in to the power adaptor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fully charged battery but laptop only works when plugged in to the power adaptor: I'm using a Dell Precision 6100 laptop Running Windows 10 Pro The battery is fully charged The battery/power indicator light is flashing on the laptop. If I unplug the power adaptor, the laptop instantly turns off. All drivers are up to date. I've shutdown & restarted,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer laptop battery not charging even though power source plug in

2. how to maintain battery charge on acer aspire 3 a-d-

3. acer laptop power adapter powers but doesnt charge

4. new acer laptop only works when plugged in ,
  5. tried everything battery still not charging acer,
  6. Acer laptop will only be turned on if the charger is plugged in