Windows 10: Acer laptop showing black screen at startup

Discus and support Acer laptop showing black screen at startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just installed a new SSD to replace the old hard drive. Windows has been reinstalled with the updates. When booting up I see the Acer logo and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by surrealgourmet, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Acer laptop showing black screen at startup

I just installed a new SSD to replace the old hard drive. Windows has been reinstalled with the updates. When booting up I see the Acer logo and then it switches to a black screen instead of the windows account login page. If I hold the power button down for a few seconds the windows login then comes up and I can login. I tried updating the graphics card driver but it didnt resolve the issue. Any ideas?

:)

surrealgourmet, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Oct 29, 2020
  3. BLACK SCREEN ON STARTUP AFTER WIN 10 UPDATE

Thank you for the prompt reply. BTW its a Toshiba L500D. Yes I've tried forced shutdown repeatedly. I've tried a remote monitor (it gets "put to sleep, too"), I made an Installation Media DVD on another Laptop and tried that to no avail. I've tried Control-Shift
    Esc; Ctrl-Alt-Del; F1, F2, F12. I've connected a known good HDD to a USB port. I've removed the HDD and substituted a known good HDD. I removed and re-fitted the RAM chips as suggested by Microsoft. All the while doing hard resets. Nothing gets any response
    from the Black Screen condition. I cannot apply any of the fixes suggested such as I've been able to find in hours of searching because I cannot get anything but Black Screen. the Power light is on, the HDD runs up, the DVD drive runs up and just Black screen.

GregKeenan, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Acer laptop showing black screen at startup

BLACK SCREEN ON STARTUP AFTER WIN 10 UPDATE

Hi Greg,

It seem the Acer laptop you have is still stuck on a black screen when you power it on. To resolve this concern, kindly answer the following questions;

• Have you tried to do a force shutdown of your laptop? You would usually need to press the power button for about 10 seconds to do this.
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Update us on the results, we look forward to your response.

Jordan Dom, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Acer laptop showing black screen at startup

1. Acer laptop showing black screen at startup - Similar Threads - Acer laptop showing

2. Acer laptop stuck with black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer laptop stuck with black screen: HiI have an acer laptop and it says 'preparing automatic repair then goes to a black screen.I can't get into safe mode. I tried alt f10 on startup it then beeps numerous times and goes into edit boot options and says enter=submit or esc=cancel . So I pressed enter and...
  3. Acer laptop stuck with black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer laptop stuck with black screen: HiI have an acer laptop and it says 'preparing automatic repair then goes to a black screen.I can't get into safe mode. I tried alt f10 on startup it then beeps numerous times and goes into edit boot options and says enter=submit or esc=cancel . So I pressed enter and...
  4. Acer laptop stuck with black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black screen and boot loop on an acer laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and boot loop on an acer laptop.: Hi,A month ago, my 3 years old acer laptop started to show black screen on startup, but I could solve that by restarting several times the computer or restarting the graphics card drivers with an other screen.Today, the black screen problem was impossible to solve so I tried...
  6. Black screen and boot loop on an acer laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen and boot loop on an acer laptop.: Hi,A month ago, my 3 years old acer laptop started to show black screen on startup, but I could solve that by restarting several times the computer or restarting the graphics card drivers with an other screen.Today, the black screen problem was impossible to solve so I tried...
  7. Black screen and boot loop on an acer laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop Goes to Black Screen at Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Goes to Black Screen at Startup: I own an Asus TUF Gaming Fx504 Series laptop that just recently encountered a serious error. It froze on me one day while I was using it, so I performed a force shut down. My computer went into Automatic Repair, claims it diagnosed and fixed the C: Drive, but I still couldn't...
  9. Acer at black screen with the word Acer there

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Acer at black screen with the word Acer there: After an update my acer isbat a black screen that sais acer then goes black then back the the black screen that sais acer. How do i fix this.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-at-black-screen-with-the-word-acer-there/e8c6d098-c503-4bce-a46d-a87e29a9e59d
  10. Acer laptop startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Acer laptop startup: Hi. I have an acer Aspire E1-572 Laptop. Have has this one foe a while it was the windows 8.0 then I installed the windows 10 home working fine. Just one issue that maybe I should have asked this question before today..When I go to restart the laptop or even start from...