Windows 10: Acer laptop stolen

Discus and support Acer laptop stolen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop is stolen but I can see constant update in MyActivity mainly OneDrive only, not much else? Does that mean anything? [Moved from:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AbhishekMalani, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Acer laptop stolen

My laptop is stolen but I can see constant update in MyActivity mainly OneDrive only, not much else? Does that mean anything?

[Moved from: Outlook.com / My Account and information / Other]

:)

AbhishekMalani, Jan 22, 2021
  2. TAU
    Tau Win User

Acer Laptops :are they crap ?

Acer makes a cheap prodcut period. They user lower end plastics, as well as assembly. (I hate working on Acer laptops)

If budget is an issue then get an acer... though for $50 more you could get a gateway that will smoke the acer in terms of quality.

For a laptop though i would suggest one of the DV7T's from HP or a Business class Toshiba/HP/IBM (not the lenovo branded, the Thinkpads)

3. CDesign Win User
    stolen windows 10 laptop.

My Acer Aspire laptop running Windows 10 64 bit was stolen Saturday morning.

Device has not been turned on, or connected since it was stolen. I went to Microsoft support site and it showed the last location that my laptop was used at. I clicked on Lock button. Microsoft said they can't locate my device, but will send me an email
    when my laptop has been detected. Will Microsoft automatically Lock my laptop when it has been activated, and connected to internet, or will i have to go back to the support site and click on lock button again? What exactly happens when Microsoft locks a stolen
    device, does it make it difficult for thieves to access my laptop. Does Microsoft have the capability to remote wipe the hard-drive of my laptop, using port to port process? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially advice on any options for
    wiping the hard-drive of my laptop using port to port, or software. I have no tracking software

installed on laptop.

Many thanks for your suggestions,

Christoph

i

CDesign, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Acer laptop stolen

stolen hp laptop

We can't help you with your stolen laptop.

I suggest that you report it to the Police.

And we don't work for Microsoft.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Acer laptop stolen

1. Acer laptop stolen - Similar Threads - Acer laptop stolen

2. Laptop stolen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stolen: My laptop has been stolen and there Is one problem when I opened Microsoft account and clicked on find my device in another laptop and I can see the 0% battery and my laptop name is Dell Inspiron i5 8gb 256 internal memory So kindly help me to solve my problem And my mail id...
  3. Stolen laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stolen laptop: My laptop was stolen and I have been receiving single use codes. Is there a way to remotely find it. I have tried find my device to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-laptop/cec35530-89fc-4ede-b97d-c7899cd5150e
  4. Stolen Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stolen Laptop: I had an HP Omen 15 stolen from me a couple months ago. I have already filed a police report and done whatever I can to try and locate it. I have the serial number of the laptop. Is there any way that Microsoft can see the details of the laptop such as if it has been turned...
  5. Stolen Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stolen Laptop: My laptop has been stolent last week. How can I lock it or see where it is? Is there a way to find it? Thank you Ziya https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-laptop/1f3aed90-2583-4390-bd67-72425463f276
  6. Stolen laptop

Stolen laptop: Hi everyone, My laptop got stolen in Electronic city, Bangalore. Recently while tracking through my Microsoft account it is showing as Last found near Mumbai Null Bazar, Maharashtra We can’t locate your device right now. Please try back later. 0 % battery Can...
  7. Stolen laptop

Stolen laptop: I have my fiancee that past aways memories on this laptop that my son bought me before my fiancee died I want it bk and it's still in town I know Microsoft is doing the device lock but it won't cause no one has tried to open it I have signed out of my Google stuff and I'm...
  8. stolen laptop

stolen laptop: i would really appreciate it if somebody could explain how to lock a laptop when its stolen. my brothers friend stole it and i need to lock it so he can to anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-laptop/53c2480f-7ded-414e-9023-37d615461ea6
  9. stolen laptop

stolen laptop: how can I track my hp notebook. Windows 10. Was stolen. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-laptop/313c08d1-a631-48af-a0fe-7ae344584463"
  10. Stolen Laptop

Stolen Laptop: I have had my laptop stolen, I have been tracking the device on the Microsoft page using find my laptop. I understand the laptop needs to be switched on and have a wifi signal to work. But if the thieves sell on and restore factory settings am I still able to track the...