Windows 10: Acer Laptop Takes Two Hours to BOOT - Black Pulsating Screen - Runs Fine Once Booted

Discus and support Acer Laptop Takes Two Hours to BOOT - Black Pulsating Screen - Runs Fine Once Booted in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My daughter has an Aspire R14, R3-471, touchscreen, manufactured 11/10/2014, Windows 10 Home version 20H2 build 19042-630, 6GB RAM, Intel Core i5-4210U... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MichiGuy, Dec 1, 2020.

1. MichiGuy Win User

Acer Laptop Takes Two Hours to BOOT - Black Pulsating Screen - Runs Fine Once Booted

My daughter has an Aspire R14, R3-471, touchscreen, manufactured 11/10/2014, Windows 10 Home version 20H2 build 19042-630, 6GB RAM, Intel Core i5-4210U CPU. When it is shut down and started up; or restarted, the screen is black and seems to have a pulsating oval black\dark gray "blob" in the middle of the screen. It will stay like this for about two hours before continuing to boot. Once booted, it seems to work fine.

I was able to do this a few times and load windows updates fine. The problem persisted so I did a clean install of Windows from a USB flash drive. It still does the same thing.

I ran the Intel CPU utility and it passed all tests.

I ran the Western Digital Data Lifeguard HDD tests and it passed both SMART and Extended tests 100%. The drive is a WD 1,000GB WDC10SPCX-21KHST0ATA. It is only 20% full.

The battery works and the charger works.

It has passed Windows Defender scans and Malwarebytes scans.

I ran a windows memory diagnostic test but it did not make an event viewer report

I haven't done anything with the BIOS as I can't get into it at boot up.

I reviewed the Event Viewer System Logs and didn't really see anything that was alarming but I am not an expert.

Any suggestions?

:)

MichiGuy, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Acer Aspire R-14 - Two Hours to Boot

My daughter has an Aspire R14, R3-471, touchscreen, manufactured 11/10/2014, Windows 10 Home version 2004 build 19041-630, 6GB RAM, Intel Core i5-4210U CPU. It runs fine once it boots up. However, when it is shut down and started up, or restarted, the screen is black and seems to have a pulsating oval black\dark gray "blob" in the middle of the screen. It will stay like this for about two hours before continuing to boot. As I said, once booted, it works fine.

I was able to do this a few times and load windows updates fine. I did a Reset on the PC, saving files and reinstalling Windows. It still does the same thing. I ran the Intel CPU utility and it passed all tests. I ran the Western Digital Data Lifeguard HDD tests and it passed both SMART and Extended tests 100%. The battery works and the charger works. I reviewed the Event Viewer System Logs and didn't really see anything that was alarming (but I am not an expert). I haven't done anything with the BIOS as I'm not sure how to get into it given the weird boot situation. It has passed Windows Defender scans and I am now running a Malwarebytes scan.

I have searched extensively and not found an obvious cause. Any help would be appreciated!

UpNorthDuck, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Acer Laptop Takes Two Hours to BOOT - Black Pulsating Screen - Runs Fine Once Booted

Windows 10 stuck on black screen after boot.

Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my laptop. Updated to Windows 10 Pro x64 about a month ago. Two days ago I shutdown the system just fine but just yesterday when I booted it, it got past the Acer logo during boot followed by a black screen as usual... BUT it stuck there forever. Restarted it multiple times, same result. Sometimes the cursor shows up but its useless as its just the cursor. *Confused

Tried the following things.

• Tried CTRL + SHIFT + ESC for task manager but nothing came up.
    • Tried CTRL + ALT t+ DEL still nothing.
    • Went through recovery options then selected safe mode but, to my surprise, the same result.
    • Then used the chkdsk command through cmd in recovery options, didn't find any problem.
    • Ran the sfc /scannow command from boot, didn't found any integrity violations. *Shock

Any suggestions? I still have to try system restore though. *Think

NeptuneSpear, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Acer Laptop Takes Two Hours to BOOT - Black Pulsating Screen - Runs Fine Once Booted

1. Acer Laptop Takes Two Hours to BOOT - Black Pulsating Screen - Runs Fine Once Booted - Similar Threads - Acer Laptop Takes

2. taking many hours to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taking many hours to boot: hiwin10 is taking many hours to boot , it takes nearly an hour or so at each stage. yesterday it was slightl5 faster .its been for about 5 hours showing blank desktop, blue loading circle and a partly populated task bar 'clock/date and ms brower search windowyesterday it ran...
  3. taking many hours to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taking many hours to boot: hiwin10 is taking many hours to boot , it takes nearly an hour or so at each stage. yesterday it was slightl5 faster .its been for about 5 hours showing blank desktop, blue loading circle and a partly populated task bar 'clock/date and ms brower search windowyesterday it ran...
  4. Black screen and boot loop on an acer laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and boot loop on an acer laptop.: Hi,A month ago, my 3 years old acer laptop started to show black screen on startup, but I could solve that by restarting several times the computer or restarting the graphics card drivers with an other screen.Today, the black screen problem was impossible to solve so I tried...
  5. Black screen and boot loop on an acer laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen and boot loop on an acer laptop.: Hi,A month ago, my 3 years old acer laptop started to show black screen on startup, but I could solve that by restarting several times the computer or restarting the graphics card drivers with an other screen.Today, the black screen problem was impossible to solve so I tried...
  6. Black screen and boot loop on an acer laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Acer laptop black screen not booting - BitDefender data lost?

in Windows 10 Support
    Acer laptop black screen not booting - BitDefender data lost?: Hi, my friend asked me for help with Acer laptop. He worked on battery and it was not fully discharged - it just switched to "green mode" and then it froze. It normally charges. After power on it switch on power led, keyboard light gets on, fan turns. Then it switches off and...
  8. Acer Aspire R-14 - Two Hours to Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Acer Aspire R-14 - Two Hours to Boot: My daughter has an Aspire R14, R3-471, touchscreen, manufactured 11/10/2014, Windows 10 Home version 2004 build 19041-630, 6GB RAM, Intel Core i5-4210U CPU. It runs fine once it boots up. However, when it is shut down and started up, or restarted, the screen is black and...
  9. Acer Aspire R-14 - Two Hours to Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Acer Aspire R-14 - Two Hours to Boot: My daughter has an Aspire R14, R3-471, touchscreen, manufactured 11/10/2014, Windows 10 Home version 2004 build 19041-630, 6GB RAM, Intel Core i5-4210U CPU. It runs fine once it boots up. However, when it is shut down and started up, or restarted, the screen is black and...
  10. Since Update laptop takes hours to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since Update laptop takes hours to boot: Since latest Windows 10 update installed, my laptop is taking hours to boot up and when I eventually get through the login screen it simply hangs on the desktop. I have tried all the fixes shown in previous blogs none of which have worked. Indeed several quote loading,...