Windows 10: Acer Laptop Touchpad not Functioning after installing Wacom Tablet

Discus and support Acer Laptop Touchpad not Functioning after installing Wacom Tablet in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Back in April I got a Wacom Intuos Small USB and after I installed the tablet's driver, my touchpad stopped working. On Device Management on Settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GloriaNg1, Sep 4, 2020.

1. GloriaNg1 Win User

Acer Laptop Touchpad not Functioning after installing Wacom Tablet

Back in April I got a Wacom Intuos Small USB and after I installed the tablet's driver, my touchpad stopped working. On Device Management on Settings, it says that the touchpad is still functioning, even though its not. I have tried everything I could think of; uninstalling the Wacom driver, updating the touchpad driver, uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad driver. I could not find any settings on Wacom that says that it disables the touchpad, and even on the Touchpad settings it says that it is on and running even though its not. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

:)

GloriaNg1, Sep 4, 2020

2. Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet-"tablet driver not found"

Problem: I cannot access the Wacom tablet properties, receive error "tablet driver not found".

I have tried solutions on Microsoft community and other sites with out success.

I have downloaded latest drivers from Wacom.

Tablet does show in device manager and control panel.

Restarting Wacom Professional driver service does not work.

I have tried the tablet in a windows 7 OS laptop and the tablet properties panel did work, so do not believe

it is a hardware or usb port issue.

Tablet previously worked when I ran windows 7 OS.

I have allowed all the Wacom applications through windows firewall.

I have tried older Wacom drivers without success.

I have installed the Wacom driver as a normal install into the 'C' drive.

The pen itself does function on the tablet, there is power to the tablet but cannot set up any tablet buttons.

I am using Windows 10 64 bit OS.

I would appreciate any further steps I might take to solve this issue.

Thank you

RobertGillan_992, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Vallisia Win User
    Help with Wacom Tablet?

Hey Windows Community,

I know I should post this in a Wacom forum, but sadly I'm not getting ANY help from their end. I recently got a Wacom Cintiq 13HD Touch and I have a Windows 10. I have seen that Wacom tablets do function with a Windows 10, but sadly, mine does not Acer Laptop Touchpad not Functioning after installing Wacom Tablet :(.

I have done all the troubleshooting for the tablet itself:

- Uninstalling and Reinstalling Drivers

- Opening Services and restarting the Wacom Professional Services.

After doing both steps multiple times, when I open up the tablet preferences, it gives my the "Error: Driver Cannot Be Found" or something like that.

I have also noticed that when I go into the App information under the settings, my system says that the tablet driver is "Unavailable." How do I fix this so that my Windows 10 will detect the driver?

P.S. I have spoken to Wacom over the phone, they insist its a problem with the Windows system.

Vallisia, Sep 4, 2020
  4. geoffers Win User

SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

OK - sorted it finally :
    • in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed - RESULT!!!
    • Acer Laptop Touchpad not Functioning after installing Wacom Tablet [​IMG]

geoffers, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Acer Laptop Touchpad not Functioning after installing Wacom Tablet - Similar Threads - Acer Laptop Touchpad

2. acer laptop touchpad not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    acer laptop touchpad not working?: My laptop touchpad dose not working. whwn i will turning on my laptop a icon will show top of the starting window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-laptop-touchpad-not-working/bb77d12a-cd57-4263-8625-c49f79ce675a
  3. acer laptop touchpad not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    acer laptop touchpad not working?: My laptop touchpad dose not working. whwn i will turning on my laptop a icon will show top of the starting window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-laptop-touchpad-not-working/bb77d12a-cd57-4263-8625-c49f79ce675a
  4. acer laptop touchpad not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Loss of function on ACER touchpad after Windows 10 reset

Loss of function on ACER touchpad after Windows 10 reset: Dear Microsoft Community, I contact you in total amazement that a simple process can cause so many problems and difficulties, I have an ACER Aspire laptop approx. 5-6 years old which after installing recent Windows updates my PC shutdown time increased significantly, I...
  6. A laptop and a wacom pen-enabled tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A laptop and a wacom pen-enabled tablet: Hey there, this is my first time posting. Currently i have 2 windows 10 devices, a laptop and an old windows tablet. Just found out recently that the tablet is actually wacom pen enabled with feel drivers and all that. So my question is, can i somehow connect the two device...
  7. Photoshop problem on Wacom tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photoshop problem on Wacom tablet: When window ink is 'on', Photoshop is lagging. I tried to turn 'off' window ink in properties and create PSUserConfig file with UseSystemStylus 0. But it led to the frozen cursor in Photoshop. I used Wacom pen and a mouse. I tried to reinstall wacom driver, Photoshop, removed...
  8. wacom tablet

wacom tablet: Hi, Yesterday i bought a wacom tablet FT-0405-U0B and wanted to install it on windows 10 but didn't work. I've installed the drivers from the internet,nothing works. Is it even compatible with windows 10? I can't even find any information on google to veryfied that. I've...
  9. Wacom Tablet Registered as Mouse

Wacom Tablet Registered as Mouse: Hi, I recently got a used Wacom Bamboo CTL-460 and I've been trying to set it up with my HP laptop running Windows 10. I downloaded the driver compatible with CTL products and plugged in the tablet, which the computer recognized and said was "ready to use". The buttons on...
  10. wacom tablet not detected

wacom tablet not detected: My Intuos tablet doesnt show up when I open the Wacom desktop center so I cant restore my device settings and cant use the pens sensitivity or shortcuts anymore. It makes that sound when it gets plugged in and shows up in device managers but it just acts like a mouse. I've...