Windows 10: Acer laptop update

Discus and support Acer laptop update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an Acer laptop which is about 5 years old. I've only just started using it regularly in the last four months. It started running slowly so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SimonDavey, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Acer laptop update

I have an Acer laptop which is about 5 years old. I've only just started using it regularly in the last four months. It started running slowly so I thought I'd better shut it down and restart it. I found where to do that but all I have now is a green screen with the words "Preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer." There are dots going round and round next to the message. I started this on Saturday morning and it's now Monday morning. I've been told there were some big windows updates that take a while but not 48 hours surely?

:)

SimonDavey, Jul 16, 2018
  2. TAU
    Tau Win User

Acer Laptops :are they crap ?

Acer makes a cheap prodcut period. They user lower end plastics, as well as assembly. (I hate working on Acer laptops)

If budget is an issue then get an acer... though for $50 more you could get a gateway that will smoke the acer in terms of quality.

For a laptop though i would suggest one of the DV7T's from HP or a Business class Toshiba/HP/IBM (not the lenovo branded, the Thinkpads)

3. Acer laptop: BIOS update, worth it?

Hello, I own an Acer E5 575G-5622 laptop. Recently bought this machine, it came with 1.12 BIOS version. If I see drivers for my laptop, it also shows me BIOS updates. Currently v1.29 BIOS update is available for this machine.

My question is that is it worth it to upgrade to latest BIOS version? I have read on the internet that it is often very risky to update BIOS as it most probably would lead to corruption of boot loader. If that was the case, why is Acer still shipping BIOS updates for the laptop?

If it is worth to upgrade BIOS, what are the procedures and precautionary steps to take in account?

Thank you!

AlphaRomeoChrli, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Acer laptop update

Christmas acer laptop

If you prefer, you still can revert it back using the factory restore procedure, there's a hotkey on every new acer laptop/PC. just my two cents

Thefumigator, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Acer laptop update

1. Acer laptop update - Similar Threads - Acer laptop update

2. My Acer laptop is stuck on Acer screen updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Acer laptop is stuck on Acer screen updating: The computer is stuck on the Acer screen and says "Please wait while we install a system update". I tried to update my laptop and during that process it said that the PC had to reboot so I checked reboot box and has been stuck ever since. I did install a 3rd party updater a...
  3. My Acer laptop is stuck on Acer screen updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Acer laptop is stuck on Acer screen updating: The computer is stuck on the Acer screen and says "Please wait while we install a system update". I tried to update my laptop and during that process it said that the PC had to reboot so I checked reboot box and has been stuck ever since. I did install a 3rd party updater a...
  4. My Acer laptop is stuck on Acer screen updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. acer laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    acer laptop: acer laptop put in safe mold now cant get back in no password ana no pin how can i get in to get out of safe mold https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-laptop/40c27b3c-4d19-4c9a-bf56-0d57e689ed99
  6. acer laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    acer laptop: acer laptop put in safe mold now cant get back in no password ana no pin how can i get in to get out of safe mold https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-laptop/40c27b3c-4d19-4c9a-bf56-0d57e689ed99
  7. acer laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Acer Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer Laptop: Hello, I have a question! I have Acer Aspire 3 A315-32-C4Y0, 4 GB DDR4 RAM laptop. Intel Celeron processor N4000 1.10 GHz and Intel UHD graphics 600. I have noticed that it takes time to turn on or off. It doesn't open any application in the starting. I have also disabled...
  9. Acer Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acer Laptop: It won’t get past the logo “Acer explore beyond limit” and I’ve tried alt key 10 btw :( it doesn’t even show the loadin sign or even come up with anything literally frozen. I have school tmr :(( submitted by /u/annanguyen321 [link] [comments]...
  10. acer laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    acer laptop: my acer will not get past a blue screen that says reset this pc what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/acer-laptop/bb4d505f-58f6-4de7-8364-67ba64b8d85a