Windows 10: ACER Laptop will not boot up after factory reset

Discus and support ACER Laptop will not boot up after factory reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I do not know what has happened. I was resetting my laptop with a factory reset and the installation was stuck at 10% for over 24 hours. I forced a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LunarWing, Nov 18, 2016.

1. LunarWing Win User

ACER Laptop will not boot up after factory reset

I do not know what has happened. I was resetting my laptop with a factory reset and the installation was stuck at 10% for over 24 hours. I forced a restart and now I get the following error:

The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.

However when I click ok to restart it just pops up again. This pops up before I have the chance to enter the BIOS and before I have the change to enter the boot menu. The only this I can do is acssess CMD by pressing shift F10.

I have try this: Guide: How to install Windows 10 from a USB drive
    as well forcing a restart with:

shutdown.exe /r /o

I was hoping the boot menu would come up when I used that last command however it doesn't.
    I am at a lost. Can someone please help me?

:)

LunarWing, Nov 18, 2016
  2. AbinAk Win User

Is the TPM reset screen during a Laptop factory reset normal

Hello,

I v'e done a full factory reset of my laptop during the process a screen just came up after 100% to reset the TPM of my laptop is I selected Yes to reset my TPM and the laptop just booted with factory settings. I just wanted to know that is this normal during
    a factory reset or not because this screen didn't come up when I reset my laptop before.

I have an Acer Aspire e15 with Windows 10 pro.

AbinAk, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Acer Laptop Stuck on 87% After a Factory Reset

I factory reseted my acer laptop and it goes up to 64 then 66 and then 87 and it restarts while installing windows.

I dont have any removable media i can use ( USB, etc) I did this last night and its still in the loop. Please help

Vivi2939392, Nov 18, 2016
  4. LunarWing Win User

Thank you, this helps. I still got some trouble shooting but at least now I can access a few different options.

LunarWing, Nov 18, 2016
  5. LunarWing Win User
    I fixes it but I never would have without your help. Thank you!

LunarWing, Nov 19, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Glad you got it fixed!

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. ACER Laptop will not boot up after factory reset - Similar Threads - ACER Laptop boot

2. Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset: I completed a total wipe using factory reset on my windows 11 Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop Settings>System>Recovery>Reset this PC>Remove all Files and reinstall Windows from hard drive and it will not reboot. It goes to the screen as shown in the attached pic, stays on that...
  3. Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset: I completed a total wipe using factory reset on my windows 11 Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop Settings>System>Recovery>Reset this PC>Remove all Files and reinstall Windows from hard drive and it will not reboot. It goes to the screen as shown in the attached pic, stays on that...
  4. Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset

Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset: I completed a total wipe using factory reset on my windows 11 Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop and it will not reboot. It goes to the screen as shown in the attached pic, stays on that screen for approx. 30 seconds and then the screen goes blank for approx. 20 seconds and the Lenovo...
  5. Acer laptop keeps restarting after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer laptop keeps restarting after factory reset: I tried to factory reset my laptop and I had to use the windows media tool to be able to do that but now it's stuck at like 60% just restarting over and over again. I can't tell if it's getting any progress and I've tried starting it in safe mode by turning it off and back on...
  6. Acer laptop keeps restarting after factory reset

Acer laptop keeps restarting after factory reset: I tried to factory reset my laptop and I had to use the windows media tool to be able to do that but now it's stuck at like 60% just restarting over and over again. I can't tell if it's getting any progress and I've tried starting it in safe mode by turning it off and back on...
  7. Acer laptop keeps restarting after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Legion laptop stuck in a loop booting up after factory resetting.

Legion laptop stuck in a loop booting up after factory resetting.: Today, I factory reset one of my laptops because I was going to be using it for a different purpose and didn't need any of the data that was currently on the computer. The computer is a Legion "gaming" laptop of some sort, although I don't exactly know all of the details. I...
  9. Lenovo G50 Laptop stuck in boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lenovo G50 Laptop stuck in boot up after factory reset: I factory reset my Lenovo G50 laptop as it was extremely slow and I tried everything else prior to this and nothing worked. So I hit factory reset. then it got stuck at 90% for two hours so I turned off the computer and now it’s constantly booting up and shutting down again...
  10. ACER ASPIRE E15 LAPTOP FACTORY RESET

ACER ASPIRE E15 LAPTOP FACTORY RESET: ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM WITH PYYSICAL AND ONSCREEN KEYBOARD. WHILE DOING A FACTORY RESET I CAN TO A SEND CODE PAGE TO VERIFY MY ID. HOWEVER I COULD NOT INTER MY INFORMATION BECAUCE OF KEYBOARDS.SHOULD I JUST POWER DOWN LAPTOP AND START OVER OR CAN I ?...