Windows 10: acer monitor connection by HDMI no audio

Discus and support acer monitor connection by HDMI no audio in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I purchased an Acer monitor KA271B. When connected to HP computer by HDMI cable, I get a picture, but no audio. Have worked for two days on it and am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wil337, Apr 27, 2019.

1. wil337 Win User

acer monitor connection by HDMI no audio

I purchased an Acer monitor KA271B. When connected to HP computer by HDMI cable, I get a picture, but no audio. Have worked for two days on it and am at my wits end. HELP!

:)

wil337, Apr 27, 2019

2. HDMI to DVI Monitor Will Not Play Audio

Thanks for the suggestions, Deepika. I have a Samsung SyncMaster HDTV monitor and a SHARP monitor. I'm trying to get audio on the Samsung HDTV. I'm not sure if you need an audio cable when connecting to the HDTV. Anyways, I kept it on the television. Either
    way, it doesn't work. I ran the troubleshooter, and there isn't any problems. I tested all the cables yesterday, and everything works as usual. How are the HDMI cables supposed to connect and work with video and audio? Is there a driver problem? I believe
    it might be because my monitor is in the DVI port, instead of an HDMI. This is why it's not detecting on the sounds/playback devices. Plugging an audio cable in the secondary monitor with VGA works, but using an HDMI for the television does not. Using VGA
    for the television does work with audio. Not sure what the problem is, or if I have to plug the audio cable in the HDTV at all. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

UPDATE: Figured out the problem, testing. The HDMI cable although supports audio and video, the DVI connector
    does not. Because of this, the computer detects it as a DVI connection. It instead uses the regular audio cable. The television, however, does not. It detects HDMI first, and uses that as as the audio. Since there is no coming through the DVI
    connector and instead coming through the audio cable, it won't play anything. This can be half solved by changing the source device (source>edit name) on the Samsung television to HDMI DVI. This, however, does not fix it, as sound still doesn't come out. The
    computer still has to be changed to be able to play audio properly. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

ThomasChen_395, Apr 27, 2019
  3. HDMI to DVI Monitor Will Not Play Audio

This is complicated. I started out having a simple television monitor, connected to a VGA cable to my computer. Recently, I decided to have dual monitors. I got an HDMI cable and a HDMI to DVI converter because my computer doesn't have a HDMI port. After
    plugging everything in, setting up, I had two monitors: the television, and a secondary screen. Putting audio through right from the pc works, or simply plugging earphones into the audio jack on the computer. The television, however, does not play sound anymore.
    I updated, disabled, did everything for the drivers. Didn't seem to work. I'm not sure if I should still connect the audio cable from the television to the back of the computer, since HDMI cables support both audio and video. When I right click playback devices,
    and check disabled and disconnected devices, HDMI does not show up at all. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Do I need an audio cable, or is the HDMI cable enough?

I'm currently using the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on an HP Pavilion Desktop Computer.

Thanks! Any help will be appreciated!

ThomasChen_395, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Clinto Win User

How to turn off HDMI audio?

I just bought a Dell XPS 15 and an external Acer monitor for my wife. The monitor is connected to the Dell by HDMI. When the monitor is plugged in, there is no audio. I'm pretty sure the HDMI connection is pulling the audio signal from the Dell and sending it to the monitor. Problem is, the monitor doesn't have any speakers - so there's no audio. When I disconnect the HDMI cable, audio plays from the Dell - but then there's no external monitor.

Can anybody offer advice on how to send video through the HDMI cable to the external monitor, but keep the audio signal at the Dell?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Clinto, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

1. acer monitor connection by HDMI no audio - Similar Threads - acer monitor connection

2. Monitor connected via HDMI not recognized by audio playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor connected via HDMI not recognized by audio playback: Hi, I've been using two monitors for the past couple months with my PC, both are the same brand/model with speakers included. One is connected via display port, and the other is connected via HDMI.I've been able to change the playback back and forth between the monitors...
  3. Monitor connected via HDMI not recognized by audio playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor connected via HDMI not recognized by audio playback: Hi, I've been using two monitors for the past couple months with my PC, both are the same brand/model with speakers included. One is connected via display port, and the other is connected via HDMI.I've been able to change the playback back and forth between the monitors...
  4. Monitor connected via HDMI not recognized by audio playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio is not working when connecting to monitor via HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio is not working when connecting to monitor via HDMI: I bought a new monitor and set it up via HDMI once I've changed the sounds to the relevant monitor output wasn't working I disabled the other drivers deleted the drivers and restarted even rollback to a previous one Still NO Luck when I check in event viewer NVIDIA AUTIO...
  6. Audio is not working when connecting to monitor via HDMI

Audio is not working when connecting to monitor via HDMI: I bought a new monitor and set it up via HDMI once I've changed the sounds to the relevant monitor output wasn't working I disabled the other drivers deleted the drivers and restarted even rollback to a previous one Still NO Luck when I check in event viewer NVIDIA AUTIO...
  7. Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI

Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI: I have a monitor with no speakers. If I connect my headphones to my pc I get audio with both HDMI and DP cables. If I connect it to my monitor though, I only get audio with DP cable. I need it to be connected to the monitor because I use more than one device with audio, and...
  8. Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI

Headphone connected to monitor - DP is okay but no audio with HDMI: I have a monitor with no speakers. If I connect my headphones to my pc I get audio with both HDMI and DP cables. If I connect it to my monitor though, I only get audio with DP cable. I need it to be connected to the monitor because I use more than one device with audio, and...
  9. no HDMI connection to monitor

no HDMI connection to monitor: have checked cable and driver update what next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-hdmi-connection-to-monitor/dae9274b-c160-408c-bd77-87531c84df3c
  10. HDMI is not connecting audio

HDMI is not connecting audio: Hello, When I connect my laptop to another device TV, projector, the visual connects fine, but the audio comes out of the laptop, rather than the external device. This happens on every device, regardless of cord or receiver. All of my audio driver say they are fully...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer laptop no sound settings for hdmi