Windows 10: Acer Monitor works on linux but not on Windows

Discus and support Acer Monitor works on linux but not on Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a similar problem to the one here but my monitor is Acer 120 Hz 27" display.It is a weird problem:I have a dual boot system on my HP laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HaidarMehsen, May 12, 2021.

1. Acer Monitor works on linux but not on Windows

I have a similar problem to the one here but my monitor is Acer 120 Hz 27" display.It is a weird problem:I have a dual boot system on my HP laptop, linux ubuntu 20.04 and windows 10I use my laptop screen and an Acer external monitor and everything was fine until couple of days ago when I was using linux and I restarted the PC to use windows and the external monitor was not detected !!I tried a lot of solutions reinstall AMD drivers and try to update Intel and AMD drivers and update windows but nothing works.The weird thing is that in ubuntu the monitor is detected very n

:)

HaidarMehsen, May 12, 2021

2. Dell Monitor works on linux but not on Windows

I have a very odd question, and I'm pretty tech-savvy myself so its odd being the one that is helped.I've got a Dell E153FP monitor, and it only works on Linux operating systems, my GPU drivers are up to date,
    and the monitor doesn't even recognize in windows at all, like it doesn't exist (not even with device manager). On Linux the monitor works no questions asked, here are my pc specs incase you need to know them:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

AMD Radeon 580

8gb RAM

Some important info you might want to know:

• The monitor does go through an inactive VGA to HDMI adapter (would use an active one if I had one, as I know from experience it would work, but hopefully I don't need to, as I would need to purchase one, and I live in a fairly remote area so even 2 day shipping
      takes around a month (I live 12 miles from the nearest town))
    • I have 3 other monitors currently connected, but my GPU supports up to 5
    • Windows is Windows 10 Home
    • Linux was booted via USB
    • Drivers from Dell dont do ████

InVaLiDEDM, May 12, 2021
  3. Driver for Acer Monitor

I recently got a new HP 15 Laptop PC with Windows 10. When I connect the external monitor, an Acer K242HQL I can't get the mirror image to fill the screen. The colors are different than my laptop screen. And sometimes Windows doesn't detect it at all. I
    tried to find a driver for Windows 10 thinking that would make everything work properly. On the Acer website, that Acer model doesn't have a Windows 10 driver download option, in only lists 7, 8, and Vista.

Does anyone know if there is a driver for Windows 10 that will work with this Acer model?

mariallenstein, May 12, 2021
  4. Silverel Win User

Acer Monitor works on linux but not on Windows

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Acer Monitor works on linux but not on Windows

1. Acer Monitor works on linux but not on Windows - Similar Threads - Acer Monitor works

2. Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10: So I have this DVI Acer LCD monitor that has a sticker on it saying "Works With Windows Vista" now obviously I don't have Vista and I was wondering if it is compatible with my computer. I tried updating the drivers and stuff, everything in my device manager is up to date but...
  3. Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10: So I have this DVI Acer LCD monitor that has a sticker on it saying "Works With Windows Vista" now obviously I don't have Vista and I was wondering if it is compatible with my computer. I tried updating the drivers and stuff, everything in my device manager is up to date but...
  4. Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Pc Acer Monitor

Pc Acer Monitor: Hi, My name is Tobi Castro and i am need of a help My Pc Monitor Acer has been running some difficulties with the screen because its been causing a black screen too so i need your help if you would please? Can you tell me how do i fix the Pc monitor Acer i really need help...
  6. ACER monitors

ACER monitors: are ACER monitors compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-monitors/dcbc8f71-185a-49b7-9435-d029ea9b7879
  7. ACER monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACER monitors: are ACER monitors compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-monitors/dcbc8f71-185a-49b7-9435-d029ea9b7879
  8. Acer monitor with no sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Acer monitor with no sound: Hi, say my last desktop died and the monitor speaker were working well even the volume app had monitor # KG221Q on it to read. Now, all I get with the new desktop is realtek or digital .Checked HDMI cable, Good. So how am I to get my AMD sound back with KG221Q on lower right...
  9. pc/monitor sound not working lenovo tower, acer monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc/monitor sound not working lenovo tower, acer monitor: new pc, monitor speakers will not make sound. Test runs for specific notification sounds show spike in volume in settings >sound, media player with audio cd will not sound, all troubleshooting processes didn't fix problem. HDMI cable from tower to monitor ok. Speakers present...
  10. Dell Monitor works on linux but not on Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Monitor works on linux but not on Windows: I have a very odd question, and I'm pretty tech-savvy myself so its odd being the one that is helped.I've got a Dell E153FP monitor, and it only works on Linux operating systems, my GPU drivers are up to date, and the monitor doesn't even recognize in windows at all, like it...