Windows 10: ACER monitor works with Laptop Win 7 but not with Laptop Win 10

Discus and support ACER monitor works with Laptop Win 7 but not with Laptop Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an ACER Model G185H monitor that is attached to my Laptop Win 7 and I use as the second monitor and it works well. I recently purchased a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kami&Kami, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Kami&Kami Win User

ACER monitor works with Laptop Win 7 but not with Laptop Win 10

I have an ACER Model G185H monitor that is attached to my Laptop Win 7 and I use as the second monitor and it works well. I recently purchased a Laptop Win 10. The same ACER monitor is not detected by Win 10 Laptop. The monitor says "Cable is not connected" when in fact the cable is firmly in place. Please provide solution. Thank You

:)

Kami&Kami, Feb 8, 2019
  2. mbc320 Win User

Cannot connect from a Networked Win 7 PC to a Win 10 Laptop

I have 2 networked Laptops, one is a Win 10, one a Win 7, and a networked Win 7 PC.

I am unable to connect from Win 7 Desktop to a Windows 10 Laptop but I can go the other way.

Win 7 Laptop to Win 10 Laptop is OK.

Win 10 Laptop to Win 7 Laptop is OK.

Win 10 Laptop to Win 7 Desktop is OK.

Win 7 Desktop to Win 10 Laptop is NO GO.

I do not know whether it is a Win 10 Laptop or a Win 7 Desktop problem. All use the same Homegroup. I am the only user; there are no other accounts on any of the machines.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

mbc320, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Will win 10 recognize my 27" full hd monitor from my laptop like Win 7 does?

* Original title: Laptop with separate monitor

Will win 10 recognize my 27" full hd monitor from my laptop like win 7 does

MikeColeman53, Feb 8, 2019
  4. mb300e Win User

Cannot connect from a Networked Win 7 PC to a Win 10 Laptop

I am assuming that this is a Win 10 problem.

I have 2 networked Laptops, one is a Win 10, one a Win 7, and a networked Win 7 PC.
    I am unable to connect from Win 7 Desktop to a Windows 10 Laptop but I can go the other way.

Win 7 Laptop to Win 10 Laptop is OK.
    Win 10 Laptop to Win 7 Laptop is OK.
    Win 10 Laptop to Win 7 Desktop is OK.
    Win 7 Desktop to Win 10 Laptop is NO GO.

I do not know whether it is a Win 10 Laptop or a Win 7 Desktop problem. All use the same Homegroup. I am the only user; there are no other accounts on any of the machines.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mb300e, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. ACER monitor works with Laptop Win 7 but not with Laptop Win 10 - Similar Threads - ACER monitor works

2. connect not working on win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connect not working on win 10 laptop: I did everything in this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps/connect-app-not-working-in-windows-10-laptop/19c0fd11-c012-40f4-aad8-8434dceaabc2 and it just gives a loading icon for 22 seconds and then just returns to the blue...
  3. win 7 OR WIN 10 for Acer Aspire One D270

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 7 OR WIN 10 for Acer Aspire One D270: win 7 OR WIN 10 for Acer Aspire One D270 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-or-win-10-for-acer-aspire-one-d270/a2b923ce-dca5-4197-a4f2-e7cc0f75629f
  4. upgrading laptop from win 7 to win 10 migration fails

upgrading laptop from win 7 to win 10 migration fails: I have tried twice to uprade Lenovo thinkpad from win 7 to windows 10 but it fails migration. After purchasing windows 10 from Microsoft store I have downloaded windows 10 to a USB device just in case. the laptop has Norton active. Do I have to uninstall it or turn it...
  5. Upgraded a Win 7 laptop using Win 10 Upgrade Assistant

Upgraded a Win 7 laptop using Win 10 Upgrade Assistant: Split from this thread. I am having a similar but not exact issue.... Today I upgraded a Win 7 laptop using Win 10 Upgrade Assistant direct from within WIndows. After the download, verification, and install process I was greeted with the initial Win 10 logo along with...
  6. WIN 10 FACTORY RESET PROBLEM ON ACER LAPTOP

WIN 10 FACTORY RESET PROBLEM ON ACER LAPTOP: EVERYTHING WENT WELL UNTIL I CAME TO VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY AN RECIEVE CODE KEYBOARDS STOPED WORKING ONLY KEYS WORKING ARE ZVB SO I CAN GO NO FURTHER SHOULD I RESTART...
  7. No access to Win 10 folders from networked Win 7 PC or Win 7 Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No access to Win 10 folders from networked Win 7 PC or Win 7 Laptop: About 4 weeks ago I found I could no longer access any Win 10 folders from my Win 7 PC or Win 7 laptop. I have done the following to try to resolve this. 1) On Win 7 machines. deleted mapped drives and tried to re-map them – Failed, could not even see the Win 10 Laptop when...
  8. Cannot Access Win 10 Laptop from Win 7 Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Access Win 10 Laptop from Win 7 Desktop: Win 7 desktop is hardwired to Linksys ea8300 router and Win 10 laptop is connected via wifi. The Win 10 laptop can see the Win 7 desktop and its shares and connect to them. The win 7 desktop can see the win 10 tablet in the network but any attempt to access the laptop...
  9. troubleshooting is not working in win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    troubleshooting is not working in win 10 laptop: Trouble shooting does not start when trying to resolve wifi or other issues in the laptop, when troubleshoot is clicked it shows an error message....
  10. Can I download Win 10 on a Win 7 OS Laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I download Win 10 on a Win 7 OS Laptop?: I am due to change my 4 year old win 7 Acer laptop which is running hot very slow and getting low on resources. I have seen a new Dell Windows 7 Laptop for sale with the spec I need. Should I get this new Dell Win7 now and download the new Win 10 OS when it's officially...