Windows 10: Acer: no boot device found but have new SSD

Discus and support Acer: no boot device found but have new SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi, My device got the no boot device found error message few tines or so. New device, by the way. I have been told it is most likely an issue with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PaulPChou, Aug 4, 2019.

1. PaulPChou Win User

Acer: no boot device found but have new SSD

hi,

My device got the no boot device found error message few tines or so. New device, by the way. I have been told it is most likely an issue with the SSD. I had Acer replace the SSD. Now, will that fix the issue or need other fix?

:)

PaulPChou, Aug 4, 2019
  2. HairyFool Win User

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Aug 4, 2019
  3. slance310 Win User
    Boot device- insert proper boot device or insert boot media...

Hi,

Do you have something like Windows Boot Manager on the list...

This is what UEFI machines use as the boot selection for windows...

Do you have another option in the BIOS for "Which" HDD\SSD ?

A lot of times if you pick a HDD\SSD as the boot device it will use the HDD\SSD that is listed as the 1st HDD\SSD... The 1st HDD\SSD is selected with a different button, usually on the same screen...

You may find the Windows Boot Manager there...

slance310, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Boot Device not found

Hi Alan,

Corrupted system files or it boot to a different hard drive that it why you received the message Boot Device no found. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to perform automatic repair:

• Force turn off your computer/device 3 times until you reach the Automatic Repair environment.
    • On the list of options under Advance options, choose Start-up Repair and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Acer: no boot device found but have new SSD - Similar Threads - Acer boot device

2. Boot from old SSD on new mother board. No boot devices found.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Boot from old SSD on new mother board. No boot devices found.: Hello, I am trying to boot from an old m.2 SSD on my previous machine to a new motherboard. The new motherboard is an Asus x670, and when I boot, it will find find the drives I say drives because it is also detecting my SATA HDD but that is only storage and not of boot...
  3. Boot from old SSD on new mother board. No boot devices found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot from old SSD on new mother board. No boot devices found.: Hello, I am trying to boot from an old m.2 SSD on my previous machine to a new motherboard. The new motherboard is an Asus x670, and when I boot, it will find find the drives I say drives because it is also detecting my SATA HDD but that is only storage and not of boot...
  4. Boot from old SSD on new mother board. No boot devices found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. no boot device found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no boot device found: Aloha,I am using a Dell Inspirion 3275, and when I turn on the computer it states there is no bootable device. What can I do to fix this. My computer is just old enough to be outside the warranty. Any solutions on how I can get my Windows 10 OS to boot?MahaloJustin...
  6. BIOS won’t recognize new SSD device; Boot Device Not Found error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS won’t recognize new SSD device; Boot Device Not Found error message: I have an older hp Pavilion dv7-6b32us laptop from about 2012. The factory installed WD HDD device died so I installed a new WD SSD device to replace it. It is 3D NAND SATA SSD; model WDS500G2B0A. I started up the computer changed the BIOS boot order from HDD drive to CD/DVD...
  7. Dell XPS 8900 will not boot from new SSD: "No boot device found".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell XPS 8900 will not boot from new SSD: "No boot device found".: Dear forum, There seem to be some real experts in this group and I'd be grateful for your advice here. I've installed a new 500 GB Kingston SSD and cloned my existing HDD to it. Both drives show in the drive list, and appear to have the same files on them. I was intending...
  8. Boot Device not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Device not found: I know there has probably been this error before, but this is different, my HP pc has got an error about Boot Device not found right after i got the BSOD saying my memory was full or something, it turned off without doing the thing of it loading, i tried everything i found, I...
  9. Boot device not found after installing ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot device not found after installing ssd: So I just replaced my HD with a new Samsung ssd. I made a recovery on an ssd card before removing it. Now after installing it and turning the laptop on I get this message. https://imgur.com/a/egTgMD5 Could someone please tell me what I should do ? It is an hp pavillion with...
  10. Boot device not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot device not found: Hi, Yesterday I was on my laptop and then it suddenly crashed so I forced powered it off. When I tried to open it again it came up with a black screen saying: Boot device not found Please install and operating system on your hard disk. For more information, please...