Windows 10: Acer Notebook does not shut down completely?

Discus and support Acer Notebook does not shut down completely? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Acer Aspire notebook doesn't shut down completely after installing Windows 10 Pro, but simply continues to run with a black screen. But this is only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by peterpan591, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Acer Notebook does not shut down completely?

My Acer Aspire notebook doesn't shut down completely after installing Windows 10 Pro, but simply continues to run with a black screen. But this is only from time to time. Unfortunately, a new installation could not solve the problem either. Does anyone know how to fix it?

:)

peterpan591, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

HP Notebook shuts down randomly

Hi David,

It is possible that your Notebook shut downs randomly due to corruptions. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Are you referring to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow that steps in this
    article
    to scan for corruptions and restore corrupted system files. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you perform the instructions to restore Windows corruptions error by clicking on this

link

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Zoras_10 Win User
    Acer Aspire E 15 shut down problem

Hello everyone, I have Acer Aspire E 15 laptop bought a year ago. I'm encountering a problem regarding shut down. While I go start up and click the shut down or restart button. My laptop does not shut down or restart. Please help suggest me some effective
    solutions regarding this problem as soon as possible.

Zoras_10, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Acer Notebook does not shut down completely?

PC does not shut down requires forece shut down

Hello,

We really appreciate your patience. Let me give you few more troubleshooting steps which might apply to your situation and ascertain the cause of the issue.

• Try removing all the external peripheral devices including all usb drives except keyboard, mouse and monitor and check.
    • Try to shut down the computer while forcing the running applications and check the results in the subsequent restart. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      shutdown -s -f and press enter.

If it still does not help, try to view the Event IDs in Event Viewer to check for specific events triggering the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Please write to us with the results.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Acer Notebook does not shut down completely?

1. Acer Notebook does not shut down completely? - Similar Threads - Acer Notebook does

2. Laptop does not shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop does not shut down.: After pressing the shut down button, it says shutting down on the screen and it turns off, but the laptop remains on, the fans still spinning and keyboard backlight still going, none of the buttons work, and the only thing I am able to do at that point is holding the power...
  3. My Asus Laptop probably does not shut down completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Asus Laptop probably does not shut down completely: Hi, Good dayI have a problem with my Asus TUF FX 507 zm Laptop, I think it does not completely turn off after i choose shut down. I checked battery report and it says my screen is on almost 24 hours! even though I didn't use my laptop for that long I'm using windows 11 , I've...
  4. My Asus Laptop probably does not shut down completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Asus Laptop probably does not shut down completely: Hi, Good dayI have a problem with my Asus TUF FX 507 zm Laptop, I think it does not completely turn off after i choose shut down. I checked battery report and it says my screen is on almost 24 hours! even though I didn't use my laptop for that long I'm using windows 11 , I've...
  5. Windows does not shut down completely

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows does not shut down completely: Windows does not shut down completely and getting the error :" The embedded controller EC did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should...
  6. Windows 10 is not Shutting Down Completely

Windows 10 is not Shutting Down Completely: I had done a clean installation of Windows 10 6 bit after all the updates had been done, i shut down the windows buy my CPU fan keeps spinning. any help will be much appreciated....
  7. Won't shut-down completely ..?

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't shut-down completely ..?: Hi All My HP laptop certainly won't shut-down . I have to hold the power button to do it .. ? So far I did reset the window .. but still messes up Please help .. Thanks 164789
  8. Windows Does Not Shut Down

Windows Does Not Shut Down: My windows 10 desktop will not shut down or restart. The machine goes into what I would call a continuous loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-does-not-shut-down/e66dbdce-4d7c-4c9e-9119-77e30013e962
  9. PC wont completely shut down

PC wont completely shut down: Hi, For a while now, any time I press the power butting or click Shut Down on my PC, the screen will turn of but the fans and fan lights stay on. The only way to turn it of then is to power cycle it. However, if I put the computer to sleep or hibernate, the fans and lights...
  10. computer not completely shutting down

computer not completely shutting down: Hi, I recent got a new Dell Inspiron 3670 Desktop with windows 10 Aug 30th and I have had five crashes involving hours on the phone with Dell Tech support and hours reinstalling my programs. I think I know what the problems is. When I turn off the computer the power light...