Windows 10: Acer Predator G9-563-72VT now freezing on start after windows update

Discus and support Acer Predator G9-563-72VT now freezing on start after windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'v had this gaming laptop for 3 years and never had a problem until the end of August beginning of September, when it shut down in the middle of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Erik-PaulHoffman, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Acer Predator G9-563-72VT now freezing on start after windows update

I'v had this gaming laptop for 3 years and never had a problem until the end of August beginning of September, when it shut down in the middle of a gaming session to install the new windows update, which kind of pissed me off but it was at the time I had scheduled the update, so my fault I lost track of time.

Since then I have had to use the restore USB from Acer to completely rebuild my system five times, it now freezes every time after windows updates itself. I have tried going into the systems menu and disabling windows update only to check it later and find it has re-enabled itself.

I have tried going into safe mode, but none of the apps would open, when I clicked on the Windows Icon and selected settings, the blue settings page with the gear in the center would popup and that is all it would do.

Can some one please help me figure out what the H is going on, and I am not the most computer savvy guy , I can swap out a hard drive, add memory, or install a new graphics card but after that if it doesn't work, all I know is that it's broken.

Thanks

:)

Erik-PaulHoffman, Sep 23, 2020
  2. ASH-DEV Win User

DVD / Blu Ray Drive does not detect the disks on Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit with Acer Predator 17

Hey Andre,

I did all the steps:

1) Windows updated to the latest version.

2) Chipset driver installed.

3) BIOS updated.

==========

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)

System Manufacturer: Acer

System Model: Predator G9-791

BIOS: V1.12 (type: UEFI)

==========

Still the same issue!

ASH-DEV, Sep 23, 2020
  3. acer G9-591-71HP PREDATOR 15 question

I wanna buy the acer G9-591-71HP PREDATOR 15 but some websites say that it has a nvidia gtx970 while others say that it has a gtx970M which is alot weaker then the gtx970 so i whould like i know which one it actually has.

Tom_The_Hero, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Law-II Win User

Acer Predator G9-563-72VT now freezing on start after windows update

Acer Predator X58

Hi

Try the manufacturer ACER web site.

select: Support; Drivers and Manuals; Desktop; Predator

select: (Computer) Model Number

Note: If an updated bios is available it will be listed in the BIOS section

"Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer Product. Please proceed with caution."

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Acer Predator G9-563-72VT now freezing on start after windows update

1. Acer Predator G9-563-72VT now freezing on start after windows update - Similar Threads - Acer Predator 563

2. Acer predator bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer predator bsod: I turned on my2 week old Acer predator laptop. For some reason the bsod and automatic repair keeps coming on repeatedly. it comes on and goes to blue screen and goes right back to shut down for a second and to blue screen over and over. I cant go into any safe mode, nothing...
  3. Acer predator bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer predator bsod: I turned on my2 week old Acer predator laptop. For some reason the bsod and automatic repair keeps coming on repeatedly. it comes on and goes to blue screen and goes right back to shut down for a second and to blue screen over and over. I cant go into any safe mode, nothing...
  4. Is Acer Predator 300 compatible with window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Acer Predator 300 compatible with window 11: Is Acer Predator 300 compatible with window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-acer-predator-300-compatible-with-window-11/ac9f0bf4-9aeb-4875-94a4-bd6979a80f17
  5. Is Acer Predator 300 compatible with window 11

Is Acer Predator 300 compatible with window 11: Is Acer Predator 300 compatible with window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-acer-predator-300-compatible-with-window-11/ac9f0bf4-9aeb-4875-94a4-bd6979a80f17
  6. Windows 11 22H2 update - Acer Predator Helios 300 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 update - Acer Predator Helios 300 Laptop: I recently updated my computer as it was required to update it to the recent 22H2. When downloading it and restarting, I did come across an error as it was finished downloading so it needed to "automatically repair". I am an active gamer and it was not detecting my GPU as I...
  7. Windows 11 22H2 update - Acer Predator Helios 300 Laptop

Windows 11 22H2 update - Acer Predator Helios 300 Laptop: I recently updated my computer as it was required to update it to the recent 22H2. When downloading it and restarting, I did come across an error as it was finished downloading so it needed to "automatically repair". I am an active gamer and it was not detecting my GPU as I...
  8. Windows 10 do not starts, Acer predators Helios 300 2019 model

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 do not starts, Acer predators Helios 300 2019 model: When I power on the laptop it starts diagnosis but stops in between. I accessed UEIF/BIOS Option pressing F2 Key but not able to change boot drive to external drive....
  9. Acer predator sense will not open because of the new Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer predator sense will not open because of the new Windows 10 update: The Acer Predator Sense app on my helios 300 is no longer opening because of the new Windows update. It won't even let me uninstall the windows update to go back to the previous version that the app worked on....
  10. Getting BSOD randomly & other issues - Windows 10 (Predator G9-591LV)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting BSOD randomly & other issues - Windows 10 (Predator G9-591LV): Hi TenForums team. I have just signed up & don't usually post on forums so please go easy on me. I'm having alot of problems with my Acer Predator G9-591 laptop. It is a pretty high-end, gaming laptop (even though i'm not a gamer), i just wanted a quality laptop that would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. predator 15 g9 freezing