Windows 10: Acer Random Keys Not working after windows 10 update

Discus and support Acer Random Keys Not working after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok so random keys seem to not be working on my Acer Aspire V3-571G-9686 laptop. Ive already found a solution, but wanted to post all I tried and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ashurroth, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Ashurroth Win User

Acer Random Keys Not working after windows 10 update

Ok so random keys seem to not be working on my Acer Aspire V3-571G-9686 laptop. Ive already found a solution, but wanted to post all I tried and all that failed and what finally succeeded.

Failed:

1. Reinstalling Drivers for both the mouse pad and keyboard from Acer

2. Updating the BIOS

3. Turning on/off filter keys (this sometimes worked but only while num lock was off causing the loss of the keypad)

4. Turning off the touch pad services

5. Completely reinstalling Windows 10

Solution:

1. Press Windows key and type the word lid

2. Select Change what closing the lid does

3. Under shutdown settings there should be a box that is checked called Turn On Fast Startup (recommended)

4. Uncheck this box

5. Restart the laptop

NOTE: This also fixed an intermittent issue I had with the onboard nvidea software for my graphics card not starting with a reboot.

:)

Ashurroth, Mar 26, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 26, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Acer Random Keys Not working after windows 10 update

windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Acer Random Keys Not working after windows 10 update

1. Acer Random Keys Not working after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Acer Random Keys

2. windows key not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows key not working after update: So after playing some late night genshin impact yesterday with some friends i close of all the tabs i have opened and see that there is an update as i go to shut off the laptop. Of course i did this update. So this morning i start up the laptop and everything is fine, of...
  3. windows key not working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows key not working after update: So after playing some late night genshin impact yesterday with some friends i close of all the tabs i have opened and see that there is an update as i go to shut off the laptop. Of course i did this update. So this morning i start up the laptop and everything is fine, of...
  4. function keys not working after update windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    function keys not working after update windows 10: my problem is that my function key s is not working and i tryed literally everything , uninstall the driver from device manager, using troubble shouting , going on the lenovo on the webside and downloading the product driver keyboard for my laptop and nothing is working ,...
  5. function keys not working after update windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    function keys not working after update windows 10: my problem is that my function key s is not working and i tryed literally everything , uninstall the driver from device manager, using troubble shouting , going on the lenovo on the webside and downloading the product driver keyboard for my laptop and nothing is working ,...
  6. function keys not working after update windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Laptop keyboard stopped working after Windows 10 Updates - Acer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard stopped working after Windows 10 Updates - Acer: After installing the updates in Windows 10, my laptop keyboard stopped working. I have tried several recommendations, but nothing seems to work. I'd like describe the situation. As the keyboard stopped working, the turn on button is not function, so to turn on the laptop...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade on Acer Aspire E15 keyboard keys not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade on Acer Aspire E15 keyboard keys not working: Since updates have been installed as part of maintenance Windows 10, some keys on the keyboard will no longer work? Is there a fix for this, I've already tried updating installed drivers and it tells me they are up to date....
  9. Some keys are not working after a windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys are not working after a windows 10 update: So I have been using Windows 10 for a year and a half on this computer. Everything was working fine until a certain update, some keys on the keyboard appeared to be not working properly, I have to hold that key and press it hard for it to respond. The keys are: R**** delete...
  10. Acer laptop won't work after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer laptop won't work after Windows 10 Update: I just bought this laptop in October. It ran the windows update last month and now it's useless. I can turn it on and see the desktop, but I can do nothing else. No matter what button I push in any combination, nothing happens. I can't even get the start menu to open up to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer aspire e15 laptop keyboard driver

2. acer keys not working