Windows 10: Acer reinstall issue

Discus and support Acer reinstall issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, i have ordered and received USB recovery media from Acer in order to install factory image for my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 Laptop. When i insert... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Richard01CZ, May 4, 2021.

1. Acer reinstall issue

Hello, i have ordered and received USB recovery media from Acer in order to install factory image for my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 Laptop. When i insert the usb flash disc into the laptop and run it via boot manager i get thrown into the media that is installed on the usb flash disc (so far so good) but it fails at the 2nd step "Check preload image configuration" with an error code 262150 and message "NAPPHDD.exe autocheck fail, please contact the developer." I have previously preinstalled Windows 10 via Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and what i think is causing the error is that the Acer eRecovery is missing and by pressing ALT+F10 when booting only supports that theory because i get thrown into Windows Recovery screen. If I'm doing something wrong please tell me because i have tried everything i could (even changed the USB disc letter that i found in the files of the USB disc).

:)

Richard01CZ, May 4, 2021
  2. idgat Win User

Acer reinstall issue

Had plenty of experience with Acer devices, been able to resolve all issues with the following steps ....

Clean install Windows 10 with Windows MCE

Run Windows updates (software and hardware) to exhaustion (i.e. none left)

Check for missing drivers ..... Control Panel > Device Manger

Access device support from Acer site, download identifiable missing drivers

Remaining drivers - download, install and run Snappy Driver Installer ORIGIN (make sure it's the ORIGIN version) - SDIO

Install ONLY !!! the required drivers (not any others, just because they're listed ... with installing drivers, it's always the case If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it). Required = missing or not working properly.

Uninstall SDIO (use Geek Uninstaller).

idgat, May 4, 2021
  3. SIW2 Win User
    Acer reinstall issue

You could boot up some winpe/winre then use dism to apply the base wim file from the recovery media. It is more likely to be a series of split wims, for example this is the hp recovery media for 11th gen machines:

Acer reinstall issue [​IMG]

SIW2, May 4, 2021
  4. Acer reinstall issue

Acer reinstall issue

Hello, i have ordered and received USB recovery media from Acer in order to install factory image for my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 Laptop. When i insert the usb flash disc into the laptop and run it via boot manager i get thrown into the media that is installed on the usb flash disc (so far so good) but it fails at the 2nd step "Check preload image configuration" with an error code 262150 and message "NAPPHDD.exe autocheck fail, please contact the developer." I have previously preinstalled Windows 10 via Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and what i think is causing the error is that the Acer eRecovery is missing and by pressing ALT+F10 when booting only supports that theory because i get thrown into Windows Recovery screen. If I'm doing something wrong please tell me because i have tried everything i could (even changed the USB disc letter that i found in the files of the USB disc).

Richard01CZ, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Acer reinstall issue

1. Acer reinstall issue - Similar Threads - Acer reinstall issue

2. Reinstall windows issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall windows issue: I reinstall my window 10 in ssd and after that every time i start my pc there is two options select windows 10 or window 11 previous please tell me how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-issue/60dc5a8f-4222-4aff-95cc-b859e673e751
  3. Acer laptop internet issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer laptop internet issue: I have a problem with my browser, when I download apps on Microsoft edge I get an error of a blue circle with an "i" in it on the downloading arrow and the app fails to download, please assist....
  4. Fix Acer monitor no signal issue

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Acer monitor no signal issue: [ATTACH]A desktop computer and a monitor are connected with each other via a cable. Every input given to a computer is displayed on the monitor in the form such that a user can understand. The signal coming from the computer tells the monitor what to display. If you see a “No...
  5. Windows reinstall issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows reinstall issues: My computer Lenovo touch screen. Bought in 2019 has windows 10 and ran in to trouble booting up. Nothing work to self fix. So i used my seagate external hard drive and used the windows media tool to created a new windows start up. Which all worked to getting my new touch...
  6. Bluetooth issues on an acer laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth issues on an acer laptop: I just got a new acer laptop. Whenever i connect my Bluetooth earphones within about 5-10 mins the earphones stop playing audio. its still connected but it just stops playing any sound. I always have to troubleshoot the Bluetooth every 10 mins for it to work and the image...
  7. WiFi connectivity issue on Acer Aspire3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi connectivity issue on Acer Aspire3: Dear Member, please help me out of the connectivity problem occurred in my pc. the wifi & hotspot option not given by my pc..when i update the compatible network driver then it working sometimes but after some time it again shows same problem. my screenshot of problem...
  8. Acer switch 3 keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acer switch 3 keyboard issue: hey so i’ve been having an issue with my keyboard it doesn’t work even if reattach it submitted by /u/Unknown3Fortune1Rye [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbtyfk/acer_switch_3_keyboard_issue/
  9. No internet, secured issue - Acer N19H1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet, secured issue - Acer N19H1: Hello. I have a new Acer N19H1 Aspire and in one of the wifi available network, it doesn't connect. I use the same network on my Iphne and other devices. I have tried a lot of things posted here but nothing works: IP refresh, driver updates......
  10. Reinstall issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Reinstall issues: My Windows 10, that has been running fine for 2 years, suddenly would not boot. I then got the 10 download from Microsoft with my code and reinstalled it. It has been a nightmare-sometimes taking 5 minuets or more to boot up and freezes constantly. I did some...